• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

rataven

I grabbed the PS4 CE from Gamestop and I don't even know why. I then went back and preordered the LE instead, but now the CE is sold out there so I'm tempted to keep it why do I do this to myself with collector's shit?

dEvAnGeL

This game man, lol, ways out, no gameplay trailer but they're already announcing expansions for it, Bungie please 🤦

noomi

Well shit.... there goes my 2017/2018

"Hey babe, I'll be up in a few min... got this quest/raid/nightfall/bounty/crucible..etc to finish"

*5 hours later*

"Sorry.... that took a bit longer that I thought"

Destiny 2 is going to ruin lives

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
SHOWDOWN:

Destiny CE fannypack vs. Square Summer of Adventure Knapsack*:

knapsack.jpg

*The Square Summer of Adventure Knapsack was available to consumers who preordered Legend of Mana, Threads of Fate, and Chrono Cross at the same retailer in the summer of 2000.

pantsmith

I have no idea what they were thinking with the collector's edition - and I say this as someone who has paid way too much for Destiny swag! There are no pictures of the contents, the bag only barely relates to Destiny (as far as I can tell) and I really don't need to spend 150 dollars extra for a bag and survival supplies lol.

Limited Edition is the one to grab, really nice packaging and will fit in nicely next to the other two. I also dig the holy Roman Empire aesthetic of the Cabal packaging.

*The Square Summer of Adventure Knapsack was available to consumers who preordered Legend of Mana, Threads of Fate, and Chrono Cross at the same retailer in the summer of 2000.

For 150 dollars I'd rather go back in time and rebuy those three RPGs

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
We haven't seen an ounce of gameplay yet and there's already a CE and LE??

Head.spawn

That has got to be the fugliest collectors edition I've ever laid eye's on ('cept maybe that extra special Geralt of Rivia). And for $250? You'd have to be a super fan to buy that, let alone actually leave out in the open to display that mess. Not even going in on that bag, lol.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
That bag is hideous. I've poured over 3000 hours into Destiny and I don't want any part of that thing. Shame... there are so many more compelling things they could have offered with a Collector's Edition.

BraXzy

Pre-ordered LE on PC and PS4.. will decide on the platform closer to the time. Beta will decide whether I actually want the game or not.

The price difference for the extra goodies + season pass is decent imo.

tootie923

SHOWDOWN:

Destiny CE fannypack vs. Square Summer of Adventure Knapsack*:

knapsack.jpg

I still have that Squaresoft bag in a box somewhere, I think...

Swiggins

Bought the LE for Destiny 1...but being Gamestop exclusive is seriously making me reconsider for Destiny 2.

I'll pre-order it I guess...but I dunno if I'll keep it.

TyrantII

Glad this is it, If it was an articulated ghost that lit up I would have thrown money at them.

Now I can just go digital LE with the season pack and not worry.

jett

D-Member
I'll say this much, that's better than the shit-tier statuettes that publishers love to bundle their games with.

Jcnet

Banned
I legit can't wait until gamestop goes out of business, such an awful place to buy games. There is literally no reason to shop at gamestop over bestbuy + amazon for videogames except when gamestop greedily buys up exclusivity to something.

I legit can't wait until gamestop goes out of business, such an awful place to buy games. There is literally no reason to shop at gamestop over bestbuy + amazon for videogames except when gamestop greedily buys up exclusivity to something.

I'm with you man, just like GAME in the uk. The sooner these guys go out of business they happier we'll all be.

Mindwipe

When the leak hit this morning I actually thought it might be reasonably nice. I do like a good messenger bag, and it certainly seemed like a better idea than another bloody statue.

But holy hell, that's absolutely hideous. Like why wouldn't you go and spend the price difference on a nice looking bag instead and just buy the CE?

Jaraghan

Not interested in those physical goodies, but I do like the look of the bag.

Going to pre-order the Digital Deluxe ($130 CAD!) on Xbox One when I get home. September 8th is waaaay too far away. My hype is insane.

Papacheeks

Banned
Does this mean anything or is this a generic disclaimer seen on all online games?

*Beta platform availability and launch date(s) TBD. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last, at participating retailers. Internet connection required.

• May require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.
  • Minimum 68 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2017. Storage requirements subject to increase. After September 2017, see www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase.
  • May require additional storage for set-up, features and updates, including to download mandatory in-game updates to continue playing. Users responsible for fees for broadband internet, which is required.
  • Additional charges may apply for online content and features.
  • Significant elements and functionality may require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.
  • See www.destinythegame.com for details. Terms and conditions apply.
  • Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at http://support.activision.com/license and the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy available at www.bungie.net/eula.
  • Activision may modify or discontinue online services without notice at any time.

BestBuy Product Page PC version

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The thing that bugs me the most,other than the garbage bag, is that they are already selling dlc for this the day it was shown. I get why and it makes sense, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Does this mean anything or is this a generic disclaimer seen on all online games?

*Beta platform availability and launch date(s) TBD. See destinythegame.com/beta for details. Limited time only, while beta codes last, at participating retailers. Internet connection required.

• Minimum 68 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2017. Storage requirements subject to increase. After September 2017, see www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase.
  • May require additional storage for set-up, features and updates, including to download mandatory in-game updates to continue playing. Users responsible for fees for broadband internet, which is required.
  • Significant elements and functionality may require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately.
  • Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at http://support.activision.com/license and the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy available at www.bungie.net/eula.
  • Activision may modify or discontinue online services without notice at any time.

Xbox One and PS4 require subscriptions for online play. They just decided to write one catch-all description for all three versions.

Can almost promise they copy pasta'd across all three versions and that language is really only applicable to Xbox (XBL) and PS4 (PS Plus)

Xbox One and PS4 require subscriptions for online play. They just decided to write one catch-all description for all three versions.

What he said.

It's ironic that the CE gives you a bag with a solar blanket and charger, considering how often I'll avoid going outside when this game releases.

border

The Limited Edition looks like a great deal, considering that the Expansion Pass will probably be $30-$40 by itself.

The Collector's Edition is a pretty massive disappointment though. I don't know what kind of swag they could pack into it that would make me want to spend $150-$200, but a messenger bag is not on that list. I'm genuinely surprised someone thought that was a good idea.

A hand cannon replica would have been a much smarter choice.

Swiggins

the LE at gamestop has everything in the CE minus the bag?

The Bag, the paracord, the solar powered usb charger and the blanket.

Overall, I'd say the LE is your best bet if you're looking for a collector's edition that doesn't break the bank.

Shame it's gamestop exclusive. :/

TyrantII

PSN makes mention of a CE and LE, but they don't have those bundles.

Future announcements? Or just because the season pass will most likely be a code for physical releases?

Top Bottom