• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"All Trump Voters Are Nazi Scum" (But Seriously Though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did supporting Obama mean you implicitly supported every single one of his viewpoints and actions?

Plenty of liberals didn't like what Obama did with drones, for example, but they voted for him anyway because he was much better than the opposition on most other issues.

Not every Trump voter is racist, or even okay with racism. You guys have got to get this through your heads or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

I know plenty of rich people who are not at all racist, hate what Trump says and does on immigration and racial issues, but made the decision to vote for him because they wanted to kill the estate tax, or other economic issues. And they didn't believe Trump would follow through on what he said he was going to.

That makes them idiots, yes, but they aren't all racist.

Did Obama clearly run a platform about Drones killing people?

How can they claim to be not okay with racism when Trump clearly had a racist platform?

Politic isn't black and white and tough decision have to be made. If your first tough decision is to run a racist platform to get into the white house you are a racist and those who support you are okay with racism too because they find some truth in your worldview without disdain.

Sorry for all the edits.

Slayven

We're hispanic.

As far as my family is concerned I would say the worst thing they're guilty of is "didn't do the research."

It's kind of hard to teach an 80 year old to read between the lines, as it were.

So "fuck you, I got mine "

Smh

I am not sure what you are trying to say here? That Trump doesn't reflect his voters? Because he does. They voted for him knowing fully how horrifying he is going to be minorities, and people who disadvantaged generally. Your family and close fiends voted for that. They voted for him fully knowing he wanted to ban a whole group of people just because of their religion. He called a whole country of people murders, and rapists. They voted for him knowing this. Voting for someone means supporting that someone. It's not just ingorance. It's also hate. I would just leave that area if I were you.

Amir0x

Banned
Voting for trump at minimum means you are ok with racism, homophobia, misogyny and being willfully ignorant. They might be your friends and family, but lets call a spade a spade

Yup. Deep analysis of the data shows racism was the motivating factor. Trump's entire campaign was defined by this stuff, right down to launching by calling Mexicans rapists.

So a Trump voter is either:

A.) An abhorrent racist/misogynist/xenophobe/homophobe

B.) Ok with enabling a grotesque bigot so they can lie to themselves about their selfish desires

C.) So dumb they should have their voting rights stripped from them.

Also, being the "nicest granny ever" != not racist. Anyone in my family or group of friends who voted Trump is someone i no longer communicate with, full stop.

Life is too short to coddle monsters.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Except Obama didn't campaign that he would drone the fuck of other countries, hence the criticism is warranted.

Trump explicitly campaigned on racism, sexism, anti-science, and bigotry.

I always forget that Obama's slogan in 2012 was, 'I'm going to drone bomb the fuck out of the middle east.'

It indeed was not. You could, in fact, argue that it was even worse though. Because by reelection Obama was already under criticism for actually using drones in ways many considered immoral. Not just saying he would do so. Meanwhile we all watched every day as people on both sides waved Trump's talk away as "Eh, he'll get more moderate if he wins the primary/the general. It's just talk."

So if you voted for him then, were you saying you were okay with that, and every single other thing that Obama did? Or were you voting for any number of different reasons?

Most people are single-issue voters. For a lot rich people, that single issue is money. If Trump says he's gonna save them money, they'll get his vote. And a lot of those people justified that vote by saying "He didn't mean all that shit he said, that was just campaign talk."

They were wrong, and they were absolutely stupid to justify it that way in the first place. But they aren't racist. If they continue to support him, or vote for him again? That's the real measure.

Ogodei

I think part of it is that some good-hearted Republicans refuse to believe that people on their side could be that rotten.

But it all falls down to the "ignorant or evil" hypothesis. Either they're too stupid to tell the difference or willing to assert their own self-interest above those of all of the victims of GOP policies, and all of the would-be victims if Trump really got his way.

Moosichu

Did supporting Obama mean you implicitly supported every single one of his viewpoints and actions?

Plenty of liberals didn't like what Obama did with drones, for example, but they voted for him anyway because he was much better than the opposition on most other issues.

Not every Trump voter is racist, or even okay with racism. You guys have got to get this through your heads or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

I know plenty of rich people who are not at all racist, hate what Trump says and does on immigration and racial issues, but made the decision to vote for him because they wanted to kill the estate tax, or other economic issues. And they didn't believe Trump would follow through on what he said he was going to.

How noble of them.

Do you really not see the false equivalence there?

Also, which candidate would have ended drone strikes? It's not like Trump showed any signs of not being a giant interventionist.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I don't like this because I don't think it's a good way to phrase it. A better way is "All Trump voters are Nazi's until they do something to fight against Nazis" It has the aggression of accusation, and when they go "No I'm not!" And then try to find a way to prove they're not (because that's always their first reaction) they now have a method to prove they're not. Literally paved out a way for their emotional growth because God knows they will never do something themselves without a little trickery.

Bill Clinton would have been a better example, imo. We knew a bunch of women had accused him of sexual assault before he was elected. We didn't know Obama's stance on drones. I agree though, they're not all racist, but they're complicit if they voted for him and his policies are an extension of his own racism.

Ri'Orius

Your kind old grandma doesn't want to burn crosses and gas Jews, sure. But does she think illegal immigrants are destroying this country? Does she think Obama's refusal to say "radical Islamic terrorism" is PC gone wild? Does she think All Lives Matter? That this talk of stop-and-frisk being racist is just them uppity black folks playing the race card again?

She's not a Nazi, but without knowing anything about her other than her vote and her age I'd bet she's a racist. These days racists don't shout "I hate n-words," they say "we need to do something about these welfare queens sucking the system dry" and "voter ID is just a common sense policy to prevent rampant voter fraud."

RDreamer

Yeah not all of them are Nazis. That's a pretty specific thing, though. All of them are at least ok with racism in that either that's why they voted the way they did or they wanted something else more than they wanted to vote against the racist. Plain and simple they were ok with racism.

I hate it when people give me the "Oh I know nice people that voted Trump. Some of my caring family did!" That's cool. A lot of people very nice in most ways go on to do abhorrently fucking horrible things.

OP's grandma did a horrible thing. Why should we give a shit whether she's the 'model kind-hearted granny you tend to see in storybooks and movies.' If I'm of Mexican heritage, black, gay or muslim do you think that's going to make me feel better? Oh she voted for a guy that said most of us are rapists, but hey she probably bakes a mean fucking pie! Go her!

It indeed was not. You could, in fact, argue that it was even worse though. Because by reelection Obama was already under criticism for actually using drones in ways many considered immoral. Not just saying he would do so.

So if you voted for him then, were you saying you were okay with that, and every single other thing that Obama did? Or were you voting for any number of different reasons?

Most people are single-issue voters. For a lot rich people, that single issue is money. If Trump says he's gonna save them money, they'll get his vote. And a lot of those people justified that vote by saying "He didn't mean all that shit he said, that was just campaign talk."

They were wrong, and they were absolutely stupid to justify it that way in the first place. But they aren't racist. If they continue to support him, or vote for him again? That's the real measure.

You're stretching the false equivalency way too thin. It's not remotely the same thing, and I think you realize, but you just want to mud up a not so muddy issues with 'both sides' rhetoric.

Nepenthe

Me voting for Obama meant that I put my support to his platform and power. Even though I didn't like his drone policies, I still gave him my vote twice to do it anyway. Thus, that is indeed partly my responsibility.

Votes are not piecemeal orders. They're not individualized instructions from every single citizen that distributes blame more accurately. "Do this, but don't do this."

A vote in this here American system in the Year of our Lord 2017 in practice means that you are electing a person to try enact their platform in its entirety regardless of how much you agree with it, and thus, when the shit hits the fan, it is perfectly fair to go to the voting populous responsible and ask "Why didn't you prioritize these things more highly?"

Because the fact is Obama would've never gotten the ability to drone other countries in the first place if the people- including me- hadn't voted for him. A person who was directly affected by this has every right in the world to take me to task, especially for voting for him a second time.

Subsequently, Trump voters are partly responsible for every racist fucking appeal, executive order, and attempted law that falls out of the administration's mouth and ink pens.

Because they voted for it.

All we want from Trump voters is recognize this instead of cowering away every time this subject comes up. Freedom of speech ain't freedom of consequence; you don't get the right to effect the quality of life of me, my family, and my friends for the worse and not get some clap back.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's not like Trump showed any signs of not being a giant interventionist.

He showed a ton of signs, by criticizing every intervention Obama ever took. And he ran on "America first."

The only time his base has ever backlashed on him was when he intervened in Syria. His base counted on him to be less hawkish than Hillary. So this is a really shit point.

Pizza

My entire family minus me and my siblings voted trump. None of them are racist, just grossly misinformed.

They believed trump wasn't really misogynistic and that was legit a leak of him being a moron trying to sound tough. "Is that really what you want in a leader?" "Well he's going to fix corruption and [list of scandals Hillary was involved in]"

My New York family also had beef for her (in their eyes) using New York as a springboard for a presidential bid despite it not being her home state

They felt like sander's policies were impossible and (since they're all devout rule followers) felt like illegal immigrants were a huge problem. Fixing our citizenship process would fix things better than a wall, but they're also under the impression that our govt is shitty and we need a businessman to come in and figure the debt out because it is a legit problem. They thought he'd fix loopholes he abused like some other presidents have in the past.

Also trump has built himself a name for fucking decades now. So you have a celebrity who is still famous after all his losses vs the candidate you have prior, established, beef with who is now calling you deplorable. Also party affiliations on top of that.

I legit don't feel like any of them are racist nazis at all. Just misinformed and misguided.

I feel like trump played a huge part of the country like a fiddle when a lot of them were actually just giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I feel like the "republicans are racists" turned some morons from moderate to monsters, and stoked the fires of awful people who had previously been quiet about these things. So when he won they felt LIBERATED. And if they weren't racist deplorables they sure as hell aren't joining the democrats because jesus who says shit like that. Because now it's a matter of principle.

The election was a mess.

Faustek

Ah, so this is nice hombres then. Not bad hombres.

Op, I get it. You love them. Stop making excuses for them. Or do like this five year old did when his granny tried to scare him with burning brimstone and hell. He told her to take away that cockstiff dead shit away from him.

Armaros

He showed a ton of signs, by criticizing every intervention Obama ever took. And he ran on "America first."

The only time his base has ever backlashed on him was when he intervened in Syria. His base counted on him to be less hawkish than Hillary. So this is a really shit point.

'Possible Nuke Area'

END OF STORY

Literally the most hawkish of all hawkish policies. Nuclear weapons.

Sorry but the real world does not work that way this was said before, during , and continues to be said after the election Once you support a candidate then you take ownership of all their policies, not just the ones you like. No one put a gun to their head and made them vote for Trump they did that of their own free will. You personally have got to get this through your head or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
"Latinos for trump" was a thing. And as far as I care, they were racist, nazi supporting scum.

A coworker at one of my jobs is Hispanic and is a Trump supporter. He kept talking about the latest articles from the Drudge Report and laughing about SJWs to his fellow right wing coworker friend. Thank God it was just a temporary assignment. I don't know how much I could take of his ignorance.

MUnited83

For you.
So first thing's first: I didn't vote for you-know-who, but I also like to think I keep a purely neutral outlook on political arguments. I have enough things in my life to make me miserable as it is, and instead like to adopt a "call's it like I see's it" approach to politics (and as I currently sees it, he's not exactly off to a great start).

But even though I didn't vote for Trump, I do know people who did, many of them being my close friends and family. Last time I checked, none of them were closet Nazis. My grandmother is in her mid 80's, and has been every bit the model kind-hearted granny you tend to see in storybooks and movies.

But if social media was to be believed, I should be posting a video where I denounce her as a piece of shit Nazi who should burn in hell like the scum she was. I'm seeing a constant generalization of Trump voters and supporters that pit them as pure evil and beyond redemption.

And before you say "Well of course they don't LITERALLY mean EVERY person who was pro-Trump", but I've seen more than enough comments where people double-down and insist "No, we REALLY do mean EVERY one of them. Without exception." And I'm not just talking about hardcore unhinged people...I'm seeing this sentiment stem from people who I previously thought were educated and level-headed (not to mention not the type to crave violence).

Unless I'm missing a silent joke shared with the people who spout this, I find this sentiment both disturbing and childish. I also can't possibly be the only who notices the irony of labeling an entire subset of people under one stereotype (while also yearning for their literal demise).

Like I said, I call's it like I see's it. There are absolutely abhorrent, racist people out there, and the ones displayed for social media to ridicule do seem to fall under the category of Trump-lover.

But again, I'm pretty sure my family and friends aren't like that, grandma included. Did they make their choices out of ignorance? Probably. Did their choices help give us an unqualified leader who can potentially set our country back by decades? Sure looks that way? Are they evil scum who should be grouped together and thrown into their own metaphorical (and for some, literal) human-sized ovens?

That's...probably a bit much.
Being a Nazi or supporting one especially with literally all the fucking shit he has said and done, ends up being the same. You're a irredemable piece of shit either way. I don't give a shit if someone isn't a literal neo nazi with swastikas at home and lynching minorities on weekends: if you voted for Trump that's the shit you aprove off and let it slide, you're still scum as the the worst of them.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You're stretching the false equivalency way too thin. It's not remotely the same thing, and I think you realize, but you just want to mud up a not so muddy issues with 'both sides' rhetoric.

It doesn't have to be the exact same thing to be a point worth considering. It is obviously not the same thing.

But you're making the same argument, that nobody could possibly have voted for Trump without being okay with every single thing he said. It's so fucking shortsighted to say that.

Some of you need to actually talk to some center-right Trump voters or previous Obama voters and actually listen to why they voted for him. You'll learn something.

I fucking hate Trump, but you're deluding yourselves by turning this into a "45% of the country are Nazis!" situation in your minds. It is so obviously not true that it boggles the mind that you could even believe that. And you will lose again if you continue to think about it that way.

This is the bullest of bullshit. He was talking about using nukes and reminiscing about how America used to win wars and how we should go back to winning wars.

Slayven

It doesn't have to be the exact same thing to be a point worth considering. It is obviously not the same thing.

But you're making the same argument, that nobody could possibly have voted for Trump without being okay with every single thing he said. It's so fucking shortsighted to say that.

Some of you need to actually talk to some center-right Trump voters or previous Obama voters and actually listen to why they voted for him. You'll learn something.

I fucking hate Trump, but you're deluding yourselves by turning this into a "45% of the country are Nazis!" situation in your minds. It is so obviously not true that it boggles the mind that you could even believe that. And you will lose again if you continue to think about it that way.

Like McCain and Graham, that talk tough but eventually cosign him?

RDreamer

It doesn't mean you endorse everything, but in my opinion when you make a vote you need to own up to why you made that vote. I voted Obama and yeah I didn't endorse the drone stuff he did, but I know that it wouldn't have been better under McCain or Romney, and there were numerous other policies that helped a lot of people. Healthcare was one. That's a logical tradeoff and I don't think you can say anyone voting Obama made a cold-hearted trade off unless you're dense and don't think there were only two choices.

This is ridiculous. You think this makes them better? THEY VOTED A RACIST SO THEY COULD ELIMINATE THE ESTATE TAX. That's their tradeoff? That? That's supposed to make people think they're not racist? Are you kidding me? Did you read that sentence before posting and thinking it was a good defense? "Yeah, sure, I voted Hitler, but only because he was going to lower my taxes."

The existence of some other bullshit policy you claim to care more about than a racist coming into power in your country doesn't make you not a racist. Thinking bullshit like the estate tax is more important than having a president that doesn't think most Mexicans are racist and wants nationwide stop and frisk is racism. Plain and simple, that's racism. Making a tradeoff that throws black and brown citizens under the bus so you can get a fucking payday is racism.

Nepenthe

If they

A.) Weren't okay with the overt racism, or

B.) Didn't prioritize other things over the overt racism

THEY WOULDN'T HAVE VOTED FOR HIM.

Me voting for Obama meant that I put my support to his platform and power. Even though I didn't like his drone policies, I still gave him my vote twice to do it anyway. Thus, that is indeed partly my responsibility.

Votes are not piecemeal orders. They're not individualized instructions from every single citizen that distributes blame more accurately. "Do this, but don't do this."

A vote in this here American system in the Year of our Lord 2017 in practice means that you are electing a person to try enact their platform in its entirety regardless of how much you agree with it, and thus, when the shit hits the fan, it is perfectly fair to go to the voting populous responsible and ask "Why didn't you prioritize these things more highly?"

Because the fact is Obama would've never gotten the ability to drone other countries in the first place if the people- including me- hadn't voted for him. A person who was directly affected by this has every right in the world to take me to task, especially for voting for him a second time.

Subsequently, Trump voters are partly responsible for every racist fucking appeal, executive order, and attempted law that falls out of the administration's mouth and ink pens.

Because they voted for it.

All we want from Trump voters is recognize this instead of cowering away every time this subject comes up. Freedom of speech ain't freedom of consequence; you don't get the right to effect the quality of life of me, my family, and my friends for the worse and not get some clap back.

There's a pretty important difference though. Obama didn't run his platform on using drone attacks. Trump ran his campaign on every single ugly thing we know of now. You aren't expected to be able to divine the future.

To the OP:
My janitors who voted Trump act every part the old nice grandpa and grandma. But when you talk to them it's pretty obvious that deep down they have fairly racists beliefs. Like randomly mentioning that Mexicans can be pretty lazy and that they have tats and are thugs.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We're hispanic.

As far as my family is concerned I would say the worst thing they're guilty of is "didn't do the research."

It's kind of hard to teach an 80 year old to read between the lines, as it were.

Ah, the "fuck you I got mine" crowd.
Voting for someone who hires open Nazis doesn't make you one. But it surely makes you look like you don't care enough to stop them.

Yeah, the racism is very subtle and between the lines.

Calling Mexicans rapists is pretty subtle. You REALLY needed to dig deep and research that to find out that that's not true. I mean, we look pretty rapey, so I guess it's our fault.

Balphon

Voting for Trump was a tacit acceptance of his racism and xenphobia. You can't just wash that away. Being "better" than his voters that were in it for the racism and xenophobia isn't good enough.

You're right. I did support him twice. I'm willing to accept responsibility that the candidate I voted for did commit slaughter and I enabled that. I feel deep regret for the lives lost and do as much as I can, from supporting refugees to the reduction of the military industrial complex. I'm willing to openly help the people fucked over by interventionist actions Obama took. I was more than willing to own up to any fuck ups Hillary might have committed while in office. And I don't expect people to let me off the hook. My actions had consequences that I'm willing to not only own up to but work to change. Which is more than I can say for Trump voters who say "so disappointing" and do nothing especially in regards to the racism, sexism, bigotry, and anti-science crap that he ran openly on.

MUnited83

For you.

Stupid false equivalency since Trump never campaigned on actual policies, just racist garbage all over the place. If you're willing to accept all that fucking garbage over two or three vaguely mentioned policies that are not even realistic, then yes, you are scum. You are trading the human rights of other peoples for a promise of unicorns and pies in the sky.

We're hispanic.

You need to "read between the lines" when Trump has literally directly said that "Mexicans are murderers and rapists"? Like the motherfucker could not be more direct.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This bullest of bullshit. He was talking about using nukes and reminiscing about how America used to win wars and how we should go back to winning wars.

Everything Trump has ever said is bullshit. He contradicts everything he says two or three ways. It doesn't change the fact that his base counted on him to be isolationist, based on a lot of things he did say while ignoring others, and when he intervened is the only time they hit back at him.

Sorry but the real world does not work that way this was said before, during , and continues to be said after the election Once you support a candidate then you take ownership of all their policies, not just the ones you like. No one put gun to their head and made them vote for Trump they did that of their own free will. You personally have got to get this through your head or you'll just continue doing your own understanding of the situation a disservice.

This is a nightmarish world you are suggesting, in which the only possible action to take during an election is to not vote at all.

necrosis

it's not that all trump supporters are nazis

it's that they are either: a) nazis or b) are ambivalent (out of ignorance or privilege) to nazism

there's not really any grey area

I am following Ann Coulter on Twitter and I can say with 100% certainty that she is a nazi.

If someone doesn't think she is a nazi their understanding of what a nazi is, is just wrong.

We shouldn't generalize but with a party that has promoted racism and exclusivity, it's easy to label them into the following:

1. Rich people who dislike taxes
2. Christian or Catholic
3. Diet Racists
4. Racists

Find me a republican who doesn't fit any of those four categories.

There's also:

5. Sexists.
6. Gun crazies.

At least those seem to be the primary reasons the filth in my family voted for the jackass.

Because Obama never fucking campaigned on it while Trump openly campaigned on a racist platform. Lol, what about that part do you not get. It's not the same, it's not remotely the same at all. Besides, it's not even in the same type of conversation, but the beast of both sides needs its meat, I guess.

Amir0x

Banned
And you will lose again if you continue to think about it that way.

Here comes that Fisher Price punditry again. Gotta start finding a way to make money every time someone says this anti-intellectual tripe.

Aint no one losing any elections calling spades a spade.

Nepenthe

There's a pretty important difference though. Obama didn't run his platform on using drone attacks. Trump ran his campaign on every single ugly thing we know of now. You aren't expected to be able to divine the future.

That is also a good point (although I tried to allude to this with mentioning the second campaign). Obama never mentioned his drone policies any of the times he ran.

Trump put that racist shit in a bullhorn.

And people still went "Eh, I can excuse that."

What'chu mean you can excuse that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom