• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

There should be a Portuguese man o' war pokemon.

437px-Portuguese_Man-O-War_%28Physalia_physalis%29.jpg

Also

tumblr_mgdhroXUKx1qjhlhko1_500.gif

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
There's no way that footage is anywhere close to resembling final quality. The game will look great.

I'm sure many of us share the sentiment that the final game will look good in its own right, but it's doubtful that the final game's field graphics will improve dramatically.

I mean, it's not as if GameFreak have a long and storied history working with 3d graphics as they only just made that transition last gen.

Marche90

Looks like the perfect chance to return to the franchise. I just hope that they fix all the little details before the title comes out.

Knowing Nintendo and GF, they surely will.

injurai

Banned
Looks like the perfect chance to return to the franchise. I just hope that they fix all the little details before the title comes out.

Knowing Nintendo and GF, they surely will.

I wonder how much they listen to fan feed back after the first couple detail bombs...

I'm sure many us share the sentiment that the final game will look good in its own right, but it's doubtful that the final game's field graphics will improve dramatically.

I mean, it's not as if GameFreak have a long and storied history working with 3d graphics as they only just made that transition last gen.

That's true, but the final BW footage showed marked improvements and tweaks in the 3D environments (specifically Castellia City & battles) over the earliest footage. Castellia City looked (often subtly) different practically everytime we saw it.

ffdgh

PSY・S;46253869 said:
There should be a Portuguese man o' war pokemon.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Portuguese_Man-O-War_%28Physalia_physalis%29.jpg/437px-Portuguese_Man-O-War_%28Physalia_physalis%29.jpg[IMG] [/quote]

If I recall correctly, that was tentacruel's pre name.

Chopper

I'm sure many of us share the sentiment that the final game will look good in its own right, but it's doubtful that the final game's field graphics will improve dramatically.

The Nintendo will make sure it looks as good as it can, surely. This is a serious title.

Teknoman

I wonder if people will complain about the actual Pokemon popping up in a quick scene for every wild fight...or if you can turn it off for that matter. I'd leave it on, but I know there is a set of Pokemon fan that want the battle experience to be blazingly fast no matter what.

Still cant see how people turn off battle animations.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Chespin is overly cute. That's how we know it's going to evolve into some sort of terrible monstrosity.

I wonder if people will complain about the actual Pokemon popping up in a quick scene for every wild fight...or if you can turn it off for that matter. I'd leave it on, but I know there is a set of Pokemon fan that want the battle experience to be blazingly fast no matter what.

Only in the after game. When I'm raising Pokemon (or doing Battle Subway), those animations would have literally taken up hundreds of more hours over the years. It's also more of a treat when I play a new Pokemon game and have the animations on for the playthrough.

ohlawd

I start turning them off after I finish the "plot"

4th gen Pokemon games were the only games that I had to turn off animations after the first few battles (lol like what.... 10 minutes into the game?)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
That's true, but the final BW footage showed marked improvements and tweaks in the 3D environments (specifically Castellia City & battles) over the earliest footage. Castellia City looked (often subtly) different practically everytime we saw it.

Yah, I remember Castellia City looking crazy-drab in that first Pokemon Smash footage we got. But comparing to the final game, I wouldn't say that graphical quality itself improved drastically but that the scenery was "dressed-up" more, so to speak.
The Nintendo will make sure it looks as good as it can, surely. This is a serious title.

To Nintendo, it's Pokemon. It doesn't need to excel at visuals but instead only excel at what the franchise is known for.

ffdgh

In the case of the battle subway in bw and their sequels, Those darn stalling pokemon like ferrothorn, meganium,ludicolo, or heck anything with recover/leech seed and good defenses take forever with animations.

~ZIO~

Neo Member
Hm. I might actually get this new Pokemon game. I haven't really played Pokemon since Gold/Silver. This one sounds like the one to finally get back into the franchise.

I will still seek to use the classic original 150, though. Being the old school gamer and all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
My type speculations...

Chespin: Grass/Steel, basically a offensive version of the Ferroseed line, where his chestnut ends up becoming armor. Or perhaps they can further the "Sonic" jokes and give him the ability to roll up into an armored ball, with Gyro Ball and such.

Fennekin: Probably Fire/Psychic, perhaps taking advantage of the "trickster" archetype Foxes, like Reynard, are typically associated with. Lots of tricky moves to confuse and befuddle foes. I guess Fire/Dark works too along those lines.

Froakie: Water/Electric, and base him off Jiraiya of Thunder, the Japanese Ninja whose associated with frogs. He could grow some ninja-kite appendages, and the cloudy parts of his body could become thunder clouds.

Verelios

Grass:
Turtwig>Snivy>Treecko>Chikorita>Bulbasaur>Chespin

Fire:
Torchic>Charmander>Cyndaquil>Fennekin>Chimchar>Tepig

Water:
Totodile>Mudkip>Squirtle>Piplup>Oshawott>Froakie

come at me bros

Get the hell out of here with Mudkip being greater than Squirtle. It's Mudkip. MUDKIP. I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

But you're right on Tododile. One of the best starters by far.

Damn... Gamestop is selling B/W at $30 used. Seems super high to me. Should I give in or buy an older DS one?? (I am just looking for a DS Pokemon game to fill in the gap from Yellow to XY)

Aggrotek

My type speculations...

Chespin: Grass/Steel, basically a offensive version of the Ferroseed line, where his chestnut ends up becoming armor. Or perhaps they can further the "Sonic" jokes and give him the ability to roll up into an armored ball, with Gyro Ball and such.

Fennekin: Probably Fire/Psychic, perhaps taking advantage of the "trickster" archetype Foxes, like Reynard, are typically associated with. Lots of tricky moves to confuse and befuddle foes. I guess Fire/Dark works too along those lines.

Froakie: Water/Electric, and base him off Jiraiya of Thunder, the Japanese Ninja whose associated with frogs. He could grow some ninja-kite appendages, and the cloudy parts of his body could become thunder clouds.

Don't like that x4 Fire weakness.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Don't like that x4 Fire weakness.

Make him really fast though and strong, so it's not that much of an issue if properly set-up.

Plus Grass/Steel is good bar the x4 Fire weakness, and in the Stealth Rock world, Fire isn't that big of an issue, is it?

Grakl

Damn... Gamestop is selling B/W at $30 used. Seems super high to me. Should I give in or buy an older DS one?? (I am just looking for a DS Pokemon game to fill in the gap from Yellow to XY)

HG/SS are really good. I like Black/White 1/2 more, though.

My type speculations...

Grass/Rock is more likely, I think.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

BW and BW2 are probably the best games to jump back in with. They're much quicker and polished than the generation before. I bought BW2 for $25 new when it launched thanks to a Futureshop deal. Pokemon games generally maintain their value for a long time, but you can probably find it used for under $30 if you shop around.

All you people that havent played for awhile should just play HG/SS. Probably not much lower since it is pokemon. Pokemon BR on Wii is like 39.99 preowned I think.

Aggrotek

Make him really fast though and strong, so it's not that much of an issue if properly set-up.

Plus Grass/Steel is good bar the x4 Fire weakness, and in the Stealth Rock world, Fire isn't that big of an issue, is it?

I suppose not. Plus as a steel type it'll probably be able to use EQ.

Does anyone else really think the Title Screen music for B2W2, when it starts, sounds a lot like Godzilla? I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom