• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX dated for 3/14/2013 in Japan

The Lamp

There's a bit of a difference between re-releasing a title a less than a year after its original game's release and having a 10 year gap between releases though.

Not when they decided to do it for Japan, but not for NA/EU, even though they couldn't hide behind the 'we were making up to Japanese gamers for the missed content in the original release' excuse for kH2FM and even though NA is a much bigger KH market than Japan, and even though it wouldn't cost them more than a week to localize it.

The Lamp

Yes there is, some voicework needs to be done a long with some translation.

The funny thing is that if you watch the original KH2FM trailer you see that they recorded new English audio for the game and then scrapped it at the Japanese release in favor of silent dialogue (Xemnas', '' the new you '' line comes to mind)

It's like they wanted to kick sand in NA gamers faces.

And yeah KH1 is really simple to understand.

Scarlet_Spider

Neo Member
The funny thing is that if you watch the original KH2FM trailer you see that they recorded new English audio for the game and then scrapped it at the Japanese release in favor of silent dialogue (Xemnas', '' the new you '' line comes to mind)

That wasn't new. They just spliced audio they already had together. They did the same thing for the original KH1 FM.

I definitely remember that part sounding more like what they did in the first final mix, which was just reusing audio that they already had even if the voice didn't match up that well with what was going on.

Tagg9

What does the text in this image say?

KIlWr.jpg

The Lamp

That wasn't new. They just spliced audio they already had together. They did the same thing for the original KH1 FM.

Did they? Hilarious. Then for a lot of the lines they didn't even need to record new VA.

But they went through the trouble of getting them for recom.

Beth Cyra

And yeah KH1 is really simple to understand.
I would kill for them to bring it over with Showdown of Fate voiced. Was really sad it was silent in the original. Never gunna happen because of Sephiroth though.

McNum

I hope this comes to Europe in 2013. But Square-Enix have been pretty good at the whole worldwide release thing. Well, worldwide release of the English version thing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I hope the turnaround time is fast for this one. I'd really like to play this version of the games. :D

KH1 was released in NA 6 months after the JP release and KH2 was only 3 months. There is going to be very little localization for KH1.5. I'm hoping for April-August.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder when we can expect a localization announcement?

Berordn

If we don't get the final mix edition, I'm not buying it.

It'd probably be more work to cut it out at this point. The Days cutscenes are probably what's giving them something to localize, since most of them didn't have voice acting.

That said, the Final Mix content didn't add significantly much over the original localized version. An extra boss, enemy recolors and new weapons were the most notable bits.

Mr. Fix

I believe they said 2-3 hours worth of Days scenes. The original game had about 40 minutes worth of voiced scenes.

That'd be pretty cool if they made it like a movie. I want that smooth transition at the very least. Cutscene viewers aren't really good for those though.

God, I hope that SE tax doesn't carry over. I could definitely see them releasing this for $59.99 when the HD remake standard price point is usually $20 lower.

That said, the Final Mix content didn't add significantly much over the original localized version. An extra boss, enemy recolors and new weapons were the most notable bits.

Pretty much. Most of the changes in Final Mix were balance changes to weapon and character stats. If you pile on the newer additions for the HD release, it'd at least be different enough from the vanilla release to be worth a shot.

That'd be pretty cool if they made it like a movie. I want that smooth transition at the very least. Cutscene viewers aren't really good for those though.
They are likely too lazy to implement a continuous play option. Might have to wait for the cutscenes to pop up on Youtube or whever.

Beth Cyra

It'd probably be more work to cut it out at this point. The Days cutscenes are probably what's giving them something to localize, since most of them didn't have voice acting.

Brand new Cloud/Sephiroth follow up to the boss battle as well.

Tsunamo

Neat, it comes out just in time for my birthday!
I'd say the games in the coming soon section are 2.5 ReMIX and the PC Browser game.
There's no localization to be done, though.
Not true, there's a couple of new scenes in 1 that need to be done and all of the Days cutscenes need to be revoiced (along with ones that were just dialog only before) for the cutscene only version of the game in 1.5 ReMIX.

Scarlet_Spider

Neo Member

They also added a bunch of new abilities, most notably KH2-esque finishers (a lot of which ended up as sleights in CoM). Combos in KHFM are now flashier and more powerful.

There's also a few unvoiced new scenes about Riku here and there and a couple of new Ansem Reports.

They also added new gummi blocks and gummi ship missions, but nobody likes those.

botty

Banned
How relevant was math/2 days?

It's very important. It details everything that happened while Sora was sleep. The story is amazing, and the gameplay would translate well if moved to consoles... especially if they included online multiplayer.

It also stars the best character in the series: Roxas.

SykoTech

It better get localized in 2013 as well then. Hopefully in the Summer.

Here's hoping that the 2.5 Collection gets a quick release like this also. Well, quick for Square Enix anway.

Drago

What are the chances that a 2.5 Collection gets a late 2013 release in Japan? Or is it more likely for 2014...

SykoTech

What are the chances that a 2.5 Collection gets a late 2013 release in Japan? Or is it more likely for 2014...

2014 is more likely. I don't really see Square announcing and releasing a KH game within half a year or so. Even if it is just a Collection.

But who knows...

Top Bottom