• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
sp0rsk said:
Wow, youtube upload for every game sounds awesome.

It would be. It won't happen with 2.4 though..it's a very new addition to the SDK.

Sony will put out universal in-game messaging and think they're hot shit. You won't suddenly see a bunch of previously optional SDK options made 'core', all at once.

Speevy

Banned
Guys, the record/youtube thing came from my post, and I didn't intend to suggest it was in the realm of actually happening.

I just asked if it would be feasible.

Niks

It was a long wait Sony, but it seems like it will be worth it.

MGS4 and FW 2.4.... June will be a good mont for PS3 owners :D

FFChris

Speevy said:
Guys, the record/youtube thing came from my post, and I didn't intend to suggest it was in the realm of actually happening.

I just asked if it would be feasible.

Sounds feasible, but a strain on system resources. It would have to be saving a frame every few frames I guess. Maybe if they took short strips of video?

It seems ironic that MS haven't released a spring update and all the time Sony are catching up by releasing cool features like this to add to their system.

iceatcs

FFChris said:
Sounds feasible, but a strain on system resources. It would have to be saving a frame every few frames I guess. Maybe if they took short strips of video?

It seems ironic that MS haven't released a spring update and all the time Sony are catching up by releasing cool features like this to add to their system.
I think they reserve one of SPU, maybe it is possible to do without use any footprint resource.

jmd494

FFChris said:

There comes a time when the cost/benefit prospects of further updates preclude almost anything from actually happening.

FFChris

Justin Dailey said:
There comes a time when the cost/benefit prospects of further updates preclude almost anything from actually happening.

Shame.

Still, nice to see Sony is developing their OS a little.

Zoe

FFChris said:

I think one guess was that it essentially saves the feed that Remote Play produces.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Sure there are a lot of features in PSN, but can you buy awesome exclusive gamer pics? There's no gamer tag, and the PSN HOME page isn't mentioned in this update so there. (or could that be part of the other stuff we didn't expect?)

Wait, that's sounds a little odd. How do you identify your friends?

FFChris said:

True, but there are some fundamental issues with the PS3's implementation that need correcting in light of what the competition has been offering. This seems to address the largest of those issues IMO.

jmd494

FFChris said:
Shame.

Still, nice to see Sony is developing their OS a little.
Yeah...if there is one thing Firefox has taught us about MS, it's that MS will absolutely FREEZE once they're comfortably ahead of their competition. Hopefully, Sony will keep pushing and MS will have to improve too.

Narcosis

So in game messaging and universal friends lists are coming pretty soon eh?

Interesting......

Given the recent trends of multiplatform games on both the 360 and pS3 being damn near identical, if Sony implements these features as well as we all hope then for people like me who own both consoles it will definetly make game purchases an interesting ordeal of trying to figure out which version of any given game I should get....

And as far as this Youtube stuff, are there legal issues with that? I seem to remember Rockstar going on a binge of trying to remove GTA IV vids from youtube and similar places even after the game launched

LordK

Narcosis said:
And as far as this Youtube stuff, are there legal issues with that? I seem to remember Rockstar going on a binge of trying to remove GTA IV vids from youtube and similar places even after the game launched

Wasn't that just because the vids were uploaded prior to the game actually being released? I dunno...

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I have a developer friend who's told me it's coming early summer, but, well, take that for what it's worth. I'd be shocked if it wasn't out by the end of June. Now give me custom soundtracks and I'll be truly amazed (and home).

Zoe

Narcosis said:

Since it's the developer's choice for the time being, that must mean they allow it, right?

Looks like the developer can customize the video being uploaded. For Mainichi Issho, the tags are automated, there's a (c) added in the description, and it says on the page that it was uploaded using a PS3.

womfalcs3

Banned
Niks said:
It was a long wait Sony, but it seems like it will be worth it.

MGS4 and FW 2.4.... June will be a good mont for PS3 owners :D

- MGS4
- FW 2.4
- Resistance 2 SP footage
- Euro 2008
- All-new Monk and Psych

What a glorious month it will be.

B-Ri

womfalcs3 said:
- MGS4
- FW 2.4
- Resistance 2 SP footage
- Euro 2008
- All-new Monk and Psych

What a glorious month it will be.

if they hit wipeout HD i will call it MONTH OF THE FOREVER...
part 1

Justin Dailey said:
Yeah...if there is one thing Firefox has taught us about MS, it's that MS will absolutely FREEZE once they're comfortably ahead of their competition. Hopefully, Sony will keep pushing and MS will have to improve too.

That's why it's *good* to be behind sometimes. I wonder what the price of the 360 would be today had the PS3 launched at $399.

rc213

This will help the PSN Community a bunch. I always hesitate messaging buddies I've on met Gaf when they are playing a different game. Mostly because you usually have to quit out of the game just to read the msg.

Clinton514

1. A smaller blog mentioned this about 2 weeks ago and why are these sites jumping on it now?

2. I wouldn't get my hopes up based on tiny rumors.

But..here's to hope.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Clinton514 said:
1. A smaller blog mentioned this about 2 weeks ago and why are these sites jumping on it now?

But..here's to hope.
I doubt Jim's source is that blog and/or rumour.

Oni Jazar

Clinton514 said:

There's a story about a guy dying and going to the pearly gates. Behind the gates there's this man in robes in front of a computer posting an article.

The guy goes to St. Peter and asks, "Who is that?"

"Oh that's God. He's got a Jim complex."

Jim > You.

Nooreo

I also hope They

Update the flash player (Hulu.com XD)
take out the 60 friends limit
Add the new video store (Music store also? )
And with in game xmb (Confirmed, i know )

it will be complete for me ^o^

Clinton514

Oni Jazar said:
There's a story about a guy dying and going to the pearly gates. Behind the gates there's this man in robes in front of a computer posting an article.

The guy goes to St. Peter and asks, "Who is that?"

"Oh that's God. He's got a Jim complex."

Jim > You.
I suppose that's supposed to be a jab at me. I don't know a Jim, nor do I have anything against him.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Clinton514 said:
I suppose that's supposed to be a jab at me. I don't know a Jim, nor do I have anything against him.
Jim....

eq6ur5.jpg

Clinton514 said:

But..here's to hope.

This information is more of it's not what you know, it's who you know kind of thing. Let's just say that it's really easy to see if it's a rumor or not if you know where to look.

Top Bottom