• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Can't wait to jump into this update. I have a question as a primarily PvE player first, PvP second. With the new drop system for getting HEs from named bosses, will I only be able to get these off of Challenge mode missions or can I also get them Hard ones? I've never really paid attention to whether the very final boss on hard is a named NPC or not.

Damn!! The gesr set icon colour for the next incursion is purple.
Does this mean we will be getting high level gear sets as well?

HA2vQ72.jpg

So do they just not surface the items being sold at DZ rank 70 and 90? I'm 61 and see nothing higher than 50 for sale. DZ06 only has two Nomad pieces and two Nomad BPs.

Airan

I need to think up a plausible excuse to get out of work. Maybe accidentally stab my thigh with a fork or something. Uuugh I want to get my MP5 now that I'm lv 40.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Nah, look around. This is a surprise to a lot of people. They have been very transparent about all the changes, and previous patch notes, but the incursion they weren't.

The reason a lot of people are surprised is because they didn't pay enough attention and let their imaginations go wild. They heard "Incursion" and thought it was going to be a Destiny style Raid.

Massive never said it would be though.

I read reports about people who got their DZ level reset to 1.

Sounds like a nightmare.

Apparently it's just a UI bug.

They never, ever said it would be a raid.

+1

And FAQ:

"Is this equivalent to Raids?

PM: Raids are composed of multiple groups, so Incursions are not a raid in the MMO sense. Their difficulty, however, is comparable. Playing Falcon Lost in Challenge Mode will be extremely difficult, and will only be in reach of the best agents, using the right strategy and perfect coordination."

Brakara

Nah, look around. This is a surprise to a lot of people. They have been very transparent about all the changes, and previous patch notes, but the incursion they weren't.

The fuck are you talking about? In their Incursion stream you could even see the number of waves.

"Due to server errors, your characters are locked. You can force unlock them and revert back to the previous saved data but some progress may be lost."

Oh FFS!!!

+1

And FAQ:

"Is this equivalent to Raids?

PM: Raids are composed of multiple groups, so Incursions are not a raid in the MMO sense. Their difficulty, however, is comparable. Playing Falcon Lost in Challenge Mode will be extremely difficult, and will only be in reach of the best agents, using the right strategy and perfect coordination."

Or they could just of said "you will be fighting 15 waves of enemies"

Where are the new mechanics? The difficulty isn't anywhere near comparable to raids. This is 1 fucking room with enemies spawning. That's nothing special.

The fuck are you talking about? In their Incursion stream you could even see the number of waves.

They also never said "this is all you'll be doing". Could have just been the first part, not the entire incursion.

Argue it all you want, they were not clear this was a horde mode. Horde mode has been around for 10 years now. They could of been much clearer stating this was a horde mode.

Maximus P

Dz is becoming a little heated now, I'm seeing rouges everywhere. Luckily, I'm in the lower bracket and i can hold my own......for now.

Looks like there were some stealth changes. DT for crafting was increased and daily missions give 5 less PCs. Only +10 instead of +15

They also never said "this is all you'll be doing". Could have just been the first part, not the entire incursion.

Argue it all you want, they were not clear this was a horde mode. Horde mode has been around for 10 years now. They could of been much clearer stating this was a horde mode.
They were very clear. You just weren't listening.

They were very clear. You just weren't listening.

Sure. I read all the patch notes, watch all the state of games. Read NeoGAF, reddit. They weren't clear. I'm glad you were able to understand this was simply a horde mode by seeing 10 seconds of gameplay.

Show me where they said it was horde mode?

Granadier

Only reason Wes has 302 keys is because he dips at the first sight of trouble and leaves his teammates as bait.

3nRbMN2.gif

I watched 5 min of the stream and new right away it was a horde mode in one room. I mean if you actually thought this was going to be a raid like Destiny then i think your expectations got the better of you. Destiny's raids are one of a kind.

I watched 5 min of the stream and new right away it was a horde mode in one room. I mean if you actually thought this was going to be a raid like Destiny then i think your expectations got the better of you. Destiny's raids are
one of a kind.

I never assumed it would be like destiny. Based on the way they talked about it though, I assumed it would be more complex than a horde mode, something that's been around 10+ years now.

MikeyMike

Hope I get to play today... any incentive for redoing Incursion if it's already clear for the week? Wouldn't want to be left out if everyone else has already done it.

theWB27

Sure. I read all the patch notes, watch all the state of games. Read NeoGAF, reddit. They weren't clear. I'm glad you were able to understand this was simply a horde mode by seeing 10 seconds of gameplay.

Show me where they said it was horde mode?

Why does someone have to show you anything? They were clear it wasn't raid and you wanted to believe it was. It doesn't seem like the internet is in rage about what the mode is. So it seems like you just weren't paying attention.

You read all those things and still came to your own conclusion. They were clear about it not being a raid.

I never assumed it would be like destiny. Based on the way they talked about it though, I assumed it would be more complex than a horde mode, something that's been around 10+ years now.

Why would yoy think that though when all they showed in the stream was gameplay in one room?

I logged on the stream , watched for 5 min and knew it was a horde mode right away. I mean they didn't have to say it because common sense told me exactly what I was seeing.

Granadier

Hold off your judgements until you actually make it through.

tumblr_m95fdlegEx1r4fuk0.gif

blacklotus

So went to the DZ, guy crosses my bullets, i get Rogue status.
Run away cause it was an accident. Guy comes after me being a dick.
Dies being a dick.

:|

Maximus P

Finally found a HE sniper in the DZ and the game crashes out before i even get to have a look. I literally saw the golden sniper pic then the screen goes blank.. :-(

FLAguy954

Fuck, TIL that you won't be able to equip a mod on the gear set items until you have at least 4 pieces equipped -_-...

Granadier

Fuck, TIL that you won't be able to equip a mod on the gear set items until you have at least 4 pieces equipped -_-...

This isn't true. I just watched Goth put a mod into his vest and it was the only piece he had equipped.

Top Bottom