• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

headerurpeq.jpg

page317luf.jpg

ot22wupxk.jpg

9jmm5bngcbnv.jpg

page4wha0m.jpg

page5v6a1k.jpg

page8toptdbgx.jpg

page8midsmxbd.jpg

page8bottomo2bsd.jpg

page10razyn.jpg

I only had the time to play for around 40hrs but I feel like there are still more than 100 left to play. What an amazing game.

Rosur

Wish I had time to play this weekend damn busy weekend being sociable. (only played 5ish hours so far).

I finished the main quest yesterday and now I'm torn on whether I explore the rest of the Wasteland with my current character or start anew and save some of the discoveries for later. Heck, I haven't even recruited all companions yet.

d00d3n

After about 70 hours of farming I think it is time to move on for now. The radiant quests broke me ... :(

Kaversmed

My savegame says I've played for 1 day and 20 hours and I've only completed 2 main quests and 6 side quests. This. Game. xD

Can you create/craft weapons and armor? I've being modding stuff, but are there blueprints to create stuff from zero or something? I don't know why I didn't asked before.

Lanrutcon

Remember folks: to get the best ending you need to build all the settlements. And get them happy. And build them some couches. Settlers love couches.

You can take a break to play the wasteland exploration and shooting minigame occasionally, but keep your eyes on the prize.

Betty

Banned
I am in love with the game but haven't moved past the museum town at the start because I got obsessed with building up my settlement and house.

DKHF

Haven't played for 2 or 3 days, but I'm going to get back to it tonight. And start working towards the platinum...

I've got some questions:

Are there Bobble Heads that can be missed out? (like the Raven Rock one in Fallout 3).
Can I continue playing after finishing the main quest?
Are there any other things you could fuck up and lose some major quests or fractions, companions etc.?
What would you say is the level you would reach if you really play the game a lot (doing the majority of quests and discover most places etc.)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do I increase my settlement size? I have 20 people right now at Sanctuary Hills but the 'size' bar is still green.

sappyday

Also how frequent is the randomness of Idiot Savant with 1 INT? With my current character I raised my INT from 4 to 6 in order to get the Science perk but now I'm scared my Idiot Savant perk is useless and I love that perk because I'm already at lvl 30 and I haven't discovered a lot of locations or even done a lot of quests. I just want to know so if I do another character I'll roll with 1 INT.

Is it actually possible to rearrange your S.P.E.C.I.A.L.-Perks after (!) you started the game?

I invested most in Intelligence. Yet, I'd rather have done it into strength and luck.

Game is getting shredded on RPGCodex and people claim I should play Wasteland 2 DC instead if I'm interested in a post-apocalyptic setting. Is that accurate?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How do I increase my settlement size? I have 20 people right now at Sanctuary Hills but the 'size' bar is still green.

That size bar is for how much crap (stuff you placed) you have around your settlement I do believe not people.

Im constantly having to delete stuff due to mine constantly going into the yellow due to too many items placed.

Lanrutcon

Also how frequent is the randomness of Idiot Savant with 1 INT? With my current character I raised my INT from 4 to 6 in order to get the Science perk but now I'm scared my Idiot Savant perk is useless and I love that perk because I'm already at lvl 30 and I haven't discovered a lot of locations or even done a lot of quests. I just want to know so if I do another character I'll roll with 1 INT.

Idiot Savant has been proven, statistically, to always be a boon regardless of intelligence. I believe that at Int 6 you get roughly 12.5% average increased xp with 1 rank, double that with 2 ranks. There's a chart somewhere.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Game is getting shredded on RPGCodex and people claim I should play Wasteland 2 DC instead if I'm interested in a post-apocalyptic setting. Is that accurate?

In my humble experience, RPGCodex shreds everything I like. I have some serious issues with Fallout 4, mind you, but I like it. So all I can say is that they seem to do this often and you should try out this game for yourself.

Hasney

You get more XP with more INT, so it triggers less often, but you get more XP when it does.

JVIkUEU.png

Can't stop playing this.

Just hit level 41, got Gun Nut 4 - have an insane sniper rifle. Pretty much unstoppable now.

Not bad for a game I only got interested in after the "shit storms" of NeoGAF. So thanks to overreactions, I've easily found my game of the year and possibly my game of the generation so far.

Any good guide to building settlements?

Here's how I did it:

Step 1) Choose a settlement

Step 2) Loot all the junk you can find in neighbouring areas and dump it in the workbench of the settlement you wish to expand.

Step 3) Scour the settlement and scrap everything you can and don't need. You can store a few couches and chairs in the workbench instead of scrapping them, so you can use them later without having to rebuild them.

Step 4) Make a few backup saves just in case you go off the deep end and waste all your resources

Step 5) BUILD

Step 6) Make sure there's enough beds and enough food. One settler can generate 6 food. If you plant Corn, Tato and Mutfruit, you can use the produce (and purified water) to craft Vegetable Starch, which is a junk item that nets you 5 adhesive.

Step 7) Build a generator + water purifier if you can (not all settlements are near water). Keep the extra generated purified water to craft vegetable starch, or sell it for a profit.

Step 8) Build a generator + radio beacon and invite settlers to come over. Put them to work either farming, scavenging (build a scavenger station) or on guard posts. Keep an eye on the population counter, so it doesn't exceed the number of beds you have.

Step 9) Once you have the Local Leader perk (and later on Cap Collector), you can build shops (and later on Emporiums). Assign settlers to these, use them to sell all your scavenged weapons, armor and meds. Definitely build a bar for your settlers to relax in at night.

Step 10) Profit

psychotron

Reposting for OT2...

I'm confused. People keep talking about how great the
silver shroud costume is, but I got it last night from the comic store and it had like half the damage resistance of my current armor set. I'm still only about ten hours in having just got to diamond city.
I don't get it though, as there were some tough ass enemies I fought, including an alpha deathclaw just to get to this thing, and it's weak. What am I missing?

Reposting for OT2...

silver shroud costume is, but I got it last night from the comic store and it had like half the damage resistance of my current armor set. I'm still only about ten hours in having just got to diamond city.
I don't get it though, as there were some tough ass enemies I fought, including an alpha deathclaw just to get to this thing, and it's weak. What am I missing?

It gets upgraded once you finish the questline.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
can someone tell me how i can befriend mccready or do his quest line?
Where can i see the status of my relationship with him?

i want that 20% headshot accuracy!

Hasney

If you want to play a more hardcore RPG, sure. I prefer Fallout 4 to play though, it's much more fun and I do like Wasteland 2.

Lanrutcon

Are you looking for an rpg with a lot of depth, roleplaying, dialogue, complex choices and mechanics? Then no, FO4 is not what you're looking for.

Are you looking for a fun, open world explore-athon with a light rpg backend and lots of stuff to shoot/loot? Then it's pretty fucking awesome.

(Wasteland 2 is pretty cool, btw. The two games have nothing in common barring the words 'post apocalyptic')

UberLevi

Reposting for OT2...

If you follow up on the quest involved with it, it should
upgrade to provide you with like 40 resistance, +1 Agility and Perception, and 15% damage reduction from humans

Top Bottom