• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Oh no, Colorado air is fantastic. I was up in the Rocky Mountains last week and it felt incredible. Though once we got up to the tip of some of the mountains I had to inhale oxygen to keep my head straight.

Humid air...the last time I went to Michigan I legitimately felt like I was drowning because there was so much water. It just feels awful.

You are now a Florida man.

Kumubou

I read this post in Josh the Funkdoc's voice
...good, I'm not the only one who did that. :X

https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/877958571173961728

Kickstarter for porting the latest version of Arcana Heart to Steam to start July 5th.
Hopefully this doesn't completely explode in their face... they're going to need a lot more English-speaking communication if they want any shot of it succeeding. I guess it ultimately comes down to what sort of number they need to hit (although I think if they really do need to fully fund the port, they're in trouble).

At least the game is a relatively known quality.

mitchlol

GAF I'm about to pull the trigger on GG Rev, Steam is having a sale and I'm not sure which route is the cheapest?

I can buy Rev + Rev 2 and all the DLC for $59.95 or get GG Rev Deluxe and purchase the upgrade.

shaowebb

https://twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/877958571173961728

Kickstarter for porting the latest version of Arcana Heart to Steam to start July 5th.

IN. Been wanting to play as the final character for a LONG while now. Cannot wait for this to hit someday. I mean look at how fun Minori's combos are!
https://giant.gfycat.com/CraftySlightKronosaurus.webm

And thats even before throwing in her new Arcana that lets you send up tidal waves of blood for some really neat extensions and oki.

Lemstar

GAF I'm about to pull the trigger on GG Rev, Steam is having a sale and I'm not sure which route is the cheapest?

I can buy Rev + Rev 2 and all the DLC for $59.95 or get GG Rev Deluxe and purchase the upgrade.
get the $45 rev2 bundle

all the characters, no cosmetic dlc

Dahbomb

Humidity becomes exponentially worse with each increase in temperature.

If the temperature is still around room temperature the high humidity doesn't bother as much, you will just be a bit uncomfortable.

High humidity plus high temperature feels absolutely bad. That's because high humidity actually lowers the amount you can perspire in a given time which is the body's natural way of cooling off.

You can have 90% humidity at 80 degrees feel way worse than 0% humidity at 90 degrees.

Ex: New Orleans right now at 9 15 PM is around 82 degrees (there isn't even any sunshine out right now). Humidity is at 87%. Because of this high humidity, the temperature that you actually feel is 93 degrees. If humidity was 0% then temperature would feel 80 or below even.

Now imagine being in Lahore in the middle of July at 42+ degree celsius (that's 105+ F for you Americans) at 100% humidity... that's what hell on earth feels like.

I have friends in Florida from Pakistan who still complain about Flordia weather LOL! I have been there a few times and while it's not that hot the humidity factor is real.

Dahbomb

Sorry for the weather rant but god damn weather in New Orleans for the past 3 weeks has been absolute shit with non stop raining every day. Feels bad to bust your ass to work and then half of the appointed people don't even show up because of the weather.

Sayad

On a hot humid day over here, the walk from your car to the house's door is enough to make you want to take a shower, it really is the worst.

worst weather is dubai and new delhi, Im sure florida comes in at #3. If my glasses fog up from going outside to inside then I know its crap weather

pizzacat

Banned
worst weather is dubai and new delhi, Im sure florida comes in at #3. If my glasses fog up from going outside to inside then I know its crap weather
This is my life in Florida btw.

It's the worst. Once I'm out of my car to walk to a place the cars get an OS on me where my glasses get fogged up and I can't see then I take them off to still not see

:[ I hate florida

Dahbomb

Both of these are pretty bad when I went there. Dubai is extreme dry heat, literal desert. I don't believe for a second it's habitable outside of the main metropolitan area. And I got stories for days in Dubai but this is not the place for them of course.

Delhi is hot and humid enough and then you got a million people there clogging all sorts of traffic. Not that Lahore/Karachi are much better in that regard but Delhi takes it to an extreme.

All you dudes sitting at home in your air conditioners, sipping on your clean water and enjoying non-censored internet... count your blessing.

As someone who lives in Karachi, I can't help but laugh whenever people from Lahore complain about humidity. And especially when they try to compare Karachi/Lahore as being on the same league in regards to weather/temperature.

You guys get high humidity for a few weeks at best. We get incredibly high humidity often for months on end.

I recently travelled across Punjab. The temperature had a peak of around 40-41°C but as long as I wasn't standing under the sun, it was perfectly bearable. You do the same thing in Karachi, you're probably gonna get a heatstroke if you don't stay properly hydrated cause you'll be sweating like crazy. Also doesn't hurt that Lahore get a lot more rain annually than we ever do.

Relative Humidity in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan:

The average annual relative humidity is 37.9% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 20% in May to 58% in August.

Relative Humidity in Karachi, Pakistan

The average annual relative humidity is 75.9% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 60% in December to 85% in August.

Dahbomb

Oh we got a Karachi-ite here.

But yeah no doubt Karachi has way more humidity than Lahore on average. You have to actually be by a major water body to have some humidity in the first place, most humidity in Lahore only comes during monsoon season.

mitchlol

get the $45 rev2 bundle

all the characters, no cosmetic dlc

Ended up getting the $59.95 version. Probably unnecessary but I wanted it, GG looks so god damn good, its just a massive learning curve compared to Street Fighter.

What is the optimal route to learn the game?

At this stage just learning the mechanics is tough and even some of the mechanics can be considered advanced. So what are the crucial things to learn first, before focusing on a particular character and their BnBs?

Ended up getting the $59.95 version. Probably unnecessary but I wanted it, GG looks so god damn good, its just a massive learning curve compared to Street Fighter.

At this stage just learning the mechanics is tough and even some of the mechanics can be considered advanced. So what are the crucial things to learn first, before focusing on a particular character and their BnBs?

I think the best thing is to try to relate GG mechanics to other games you have played. For example, Dead Angle is just a V-Reversal, and Blitz is just a Focus Attack.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Tbh there should be consideration for setting up different leagues or something because currently the same few people are usually creaming everyone.

Take the T7 tournaments for example, JDCR and Saint seem to be steamrolling every tournament. Everyone else shows up and has very little chance of winning usually.

Make different leagues and even beginners will have some chance at winnings/glory, which will be a great incentive to try harder and get better. Instead of just attending a tournament and getting destroyed mostly.

There are roughly 20 Korean players that could come over to the EU/Europe and do this FWIW. Hoping a bunch make it over for Evo.

NEO0MJ

I prefer it humid over dry. My skin starts getting so itchy and my mouth so dehydrated and I can't stand it.

There are roughly 20 Korean players that could come over to the EU/Europe and do this FWIW. Hoping a bunch make it over for Evo.

Maybe next year after people are more familiar with the game and characters things will be better?

Spuck-uk

Banned
I prefer it humid over dry. My skin starts getting so itchy and my mouth so dehydrated and I can't stand it.

Maybe next year after people are more familiar with the game and characters things will be better?

Koreans being far better than the west has been true for a real long time. BUT I think with 7 being a less technical game than 7 there's the opportunity to close the divide.

Dahbomb

Tekken would have to fundamentally change for Koreans to not dominate at it.

Either that or US takes on Tekken like they do Capcom games. I don't think that's likely.

As long as Tekken is 3 out of 5 rounds, it's hard for people to random out the JDCRs, Knees, Saints and Nobis. And even then it's not easy to random out people in Tekken in general.

Anne

At King of the Iron Fist, only 1 American even made top 16 so...

Tekken 7 being less technical doesn't mean shit. People can learn how to do all that stuff in NA. Us getting the game 2 years late in a culture that doesn't support high level play is all that really matters.

That doesn't change the fact that Koreans will be grinding several hours a day in a very competitive, high level, and local environment. Meanwhile NA Tekken players are more on the 9-5 + family responsibility line.

Zissou

I posted this in the xrd thread in response to a similar question- maybe it'll help:

It can be difficult, but you can do pretty well even with basics, and there are a ton of resources out there for learning the game. If you're not already aware of it, Novriltataki's guilty gear crash course series is really good for getting started. Even if the early episodes seem stupidly simple, the series quickly progresses to more advanced stuff you may not be aware of.

AAK

As someone who lives in Karachi, I can't help but laugh whenever people from Lahore complain about humidity. And especially when they try to compare Karachi/Lahore as being on the same league in regards to weather/temperature.

You guys get high humidity for a few weeks at best. We get incredibly high humidity often for months on end.

I recently travelled across Punjab. The temperature had a peak of around 40-41°C but as long as I wasn't standing under the sun, it was perfectly bearable. You do the same thing in Karachi, you're probably gonna get a heatstroke if you don't stay properly hydrated cause you'll be sweating like crazy. Also doesn't hurt that Lahore get a lot more rain annually than we ever do.

Relative Humidity in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan:

The average annual relative humidity is 37.9% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 20% in May to 58% in August.

Relative Humidity in Karachi, Pakistan

The average annual relative humidity is 75.9% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 60% in December to 85% in August.

In 2007 I spent a couple weeks in July at a home in a region of Karachi called Defense that's very close to the seaside of the Arabian Sea. The house had no generator set up and the electricity would go out for at least 8 hours a day usually between 11- 5. Within seconds you will have sweat dripping from your sleeves to the ground. I was also suffering the most painful case of diarrhea in my life so hydrating myself was another gateway to extreme anguish. I can't even imagine the lives of the lower class.

Funny how when I see pictures of Dubai, I never think about how hot the temperature is, I just marvel at how pretty it looks. I just assumed the weather would be nice with a nice sea breeze like so-cal.

Wow, EVO is next month? It weird not to have crunch time associated with EVO this year for me.

DDBE3PWV0AQiHlq.jpg:large
the curse remains strong

Beckx

@MrWiz

Back by popular demand! Arena tickets for Evo Sunday are $20 off! Hurry before offer ends!

I mean this is like the opposite of demand. like literally the demand wasn't there so the price is dropped.

Tripon

I mean this is like the opposite of demand. like literally the demand wasn't there so the price is dropped.

desperate times call for desperate measures

Cut him some slack, he's an esportist not an economist.

I went though the buying process to see what discount Wiz is giving for Sunday (I'm not going this year, but I was curious) and NWS in discord said his friend in Jan. paid a lower price even with the discount, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

mbpm1

I went though the buying process to see what discount Wiz is giving for Sunday (I'm not going this year, but I was curious) and NWS in discord said his friend in Jan. paid a lower price even with the discount, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
RiseUp

Top Bottom