• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

i was like "wtf are they going to do after the galaxy games?"

now i know.

that being said.

WTF are they going to do after this?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LMAO

2017-09-1400_54_24-xafnun0.png

Altazor

insane.

can you imagine opening up a year with Zelda BOTW and closing it with Mario Odyssey? Because that is happening.

yes, I know there's still a few months to go.

VariantX

This is going to sell the fuck out of Switches. Which is even insane for me to say because Zelda probably by itself sold nearly every Switch for the first 2 or so months.

I'm trying not to hype myself too much, but I can't help it. This looks like it could be the greatest video game ever made. For me, anyway.

insane.

can you imagine opening up a year with Zelda BOTW and closing it with Mario Odyssey? Because that is happening.

yes, I know there's still a few months to go.

that still leaves them with two months in 2018 to round up the first year.
nuts.

GOTY is going to be a brawl between these two. I wouldn't be shocked if something else wound up winning as a result.

One of the two will win.

If I vote for BotW as #1 it gets 10 points.
If I vote for Odyssey as #2 it gets 9 points.

It's not an all-or-nothing vote.

ciccione

As for Zelda, it seems they worked hard and perfectly crafted the game. It could be one of the greatest Mario ever.

I'd avoided a lot of footage, excluding the initial reveal and the E3 2017 trailer, but I just couldn't take my eyes off this.

It was mesmerising stuff. Just fresh idea after fresh idea. Incredible stuff.

Vespa

Looks incredible!

Also seeing that lovely water in the Seaside Kingdom I had two thoughts, Mario Sunshine 2 and a new Wave Race. It's nice to dream.

Dmax3901

Was watching it in a small window at work with the sound off, terrified to watch the whole thing later. Does anyone wish they didn't watch it?

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And it happens with every new Mario game too. People always have a habit of underestimating the worlds.

Well I'll never forget the "tech demo" and "3D runner" comments after the Switch reveal. Gonna be really, really funny in hindsight in the review thread.

TBH these comments were absolutely stupid the moment they were typed lol.

13ruce

Banned
Mario 64 and both Galaxy Games are gonna be topped boys... It's happening! Holy shit that was awesome as fuck!

Was watching it in a small window at work with the sound off, terrified to watch the whole thing later. Does anyone wish they didn't watch it?

Very brief and vague description of what is seen:

It shows snipits of a couple of new worlds, transformations, costumes, minigames, hint providers, a photomode, the T-Rex in action and a few other things along with reruns of previously seen footage.

If you can resist then great but you aren't 'spoiled' by watching per se, it's just great new footage and I'm sure there's loads they will never show off.

Top Bottom