• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampyr delayed to spring 2018

Honestly with how busy the rest of the year is, I had completely forgotten about this game.

So I think delaying it might be a good idea.

Freddo

Not surprised one bit since there hasn't been that much info available about the game yet. If it really was a November release, I'm sure there would have been more recent previews and stuff by now. I do look forward to the game a lot though, and can't really think of many games I look forward to next year. So this suits me fine.

I was really excited for this, it is not every day that we get a "Vampire" themed game, but hey take all the time you need, I want this to be perfect, cause it maybe another 3-5 years before I get another vampiric game.

wrowa

Given how janky it looked i welcome the delay.

It's going to be janky either way. Publishers like Focus just don't have the money to give developers enough of a budget to develop ambitious jank-free 3D RPGs.

You've got to embrace the jank.

Redshirt

Banned
Yep. I care. Looking forward to it. Will wait on reviews, but will definitely pay release price if Dontnod delivers.

Sailent

Banned
You could see it from a mile away. The last gameplay they uploaded looked like very early development.

Aces&Eights

It's going to be janky either way. Publishers like Focus just don't have the money to give developers enough of a budget to develop ambitious jank-free 3D RPGs.

You've got to embrace the jank.

I agree. There is a certain charm when mid tier games have some jank. As long as the overall package is engaging and fun to play, I can handle some Deus Ex head bobs.

makaveli60

Yep. I care. Looking forward to it. Will wait on reviews, but will definitely pay release price if Dontnod delivers.
Me too. I love the Victorian London + classic vampire setting and the social mechanincs also seem unique and interesting. This game can easily become something special (at least for me) if it will be really like what they say and with some polish.

I was really excited for this game last Fall. Since its delay, however, I completely forgot about it until the announcement of its release date. Now, eh. I'm certainly still interested but not what I would call excited. I still plan to get it, just maybe not day one. I will have to see. Maybe watching some vids of it to remind myself why I was excited for it will reignite my interest and cause me to pick it up day one again.

Last edited:
I am very much looking forward to this but I can’t help but feel a little wary. I’m not going in expecting a “9 out of 10” level game. Probabky gonna be more like a 7 or high 6, which is fine

iorek21

Short answer is I didn't like it... long answer is... well a long answer...

well, LiS was kinda aimed to a Tumblr audience and for less enthusiast gamers (or non-gamers even), the number of people that played or at least know this game is surprisingly high

Vampyr will be a VERY different experience, as was Remember Me, DONTNOD's first game

Grimmrobe

Hope these guys can deliver. From what I've seen so far the game looks promising. I like the idea that I could essentially play it 'evil' and just murder and eat everyone.

Top Bottom