• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

The Flash

Banned
txDlIva.png

QUOTE TO REVEAL

I5YfSoO.png

p19N20G.png

W3pUrUc.png

LXbXQrb.png

Ivs3DM3.png

3vtTXNM.png

iHw6t20.png

1ODnjrO.gif

KOC4KyI.png
AXcvF36.png

Q2eaGwe.gif
jRSGWJ7.png

Nom8mVf.png
aQWqIq9.png

xoJKAzJ.png
oQCcgMj.png

fjcahts.png

4BVVcMQ.png

2BT12Zh.png

EaEnAiu.gif
dJ3dNB4.gif

nauJlnA.png

vDLlMLC.png

3sDLq63.gif
yIaLhsn.gif

BsvGAYs.png

2hEvCX6.png

SlXhV2X.gif

WSV7EaK.png

1dzzB3n.png

73psJyb.png

gauc68N.png

sRhLNC5.png

49LOh5S.png

5u85RNc.png

qjMnnBH.png

RwMmvdu.png

pMHZq9f.png

wpAog4x.png

guj3rPt.png

PIRgeRw.png

Hn7UWnU.png

1qAK3gK.png

y8K8r4E.png

PipT13R.gif

exxIDGZ.png

MCVhZYl.png

jssxd5L.png

udRa0Ng.png

68uBTyK.png
4IgagX9.png
AWGDNNq.png

Zi7sN0Y.png
o0deSbR.png
u7hfXXS.png

w1vg0ul.png
Mkmng1b.png
qQNIUZQ.png

d7VywDT.png
N76mqe7.png
uyu687H.png

bg27GTD.png
nt0BeZ2.png
tiDybbz.png

j6IXd16.png

dQH1gpl.png
XWl2c21.png
jo4peA7.png

CPSKpMQ.png

PACP3Ig.png

nmq7d2G.gif

2MwrRTH.gif

iRQLCqn.gif
BROGlko.gif
C5wfbuh.gif

4GUs5Ow.png

kkUmBGP.png
3LqjVhM.png
K5BMmuF.png
UIidcg1.png

rxoKsQf.png
c5AugJY.png
k8Q5u1d.png
0h9I23B.png
1pXbDcv.png
62puXZJ.png
WdY8dNJ.png
dJSRTC5.png
rexHzMe.png

QQQY6CQ.png
mm2BW3E.png
qOHAV7k.png
AwHsKra.png
lCH9j3M.png
SqRWvcE.png
oObgP9h.png
FfamLRa.png
TxrOISr.png

vZdp6UV.png
73xWFds.png
xGWDsCY.png
WHcfjqL.png

uYFUKBL.png
oBFTaCr.png
BozSuDr.png
gSWpSBg.png
0aza0Ff.png
5l3wlJv.png
LMyAIXS.png
ehqh7Tg.png
xwnIBhx.png

hQaS48s.png
uqUEev6.png
oeMcRvx.png
qEbz2WS.png
g8QMoUk.png
eO9kf9n.png
PPSTKcN.png
h7HOxod.png
tAyeaY1.png

Chibi avatars by Joseph Blanchette

WK8ZiIs.png
3E4I0QP.png

The Flash

Banned
Ltwo5yk.png

Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions section of the OT! It’s the best place to go if you have a question about anything related to Killer Instinct Season 3. Let me be real with you guys for a second. I don’t think a lot of people actually read the OT. Call me crazy but a lot of times when you go into another OT it seems like I see a lot people ask questions that were covered somewhere in the OT whether it was in the FAQ or not. I don’t like that. Seeing that rustles my jimmies. It’s like you didn’t even bother to take the time to actually read through something that someone spent several days maybe even weeks or months putting together. With that in mind I’m reserving the right to post this lovely gif (provided by the one and only Zedox) in response to any question that I know was covered in the OT.
FAIR WARNING

L02GFdO.gif

The FAQ will be updated as new questions or information arise.

Q: Is this game cross buy?

A: Yes. Any piece of content purchased for the Xbox version will be available on the PC version (aside from KI Classic and KI 2 Classic) and vice versa. Full Cross-buy, both ways.

“In order to access your existing Killer Instinct content on Windows 10, Xbox One owners must receive the Season 3 game update, available starting March 29, 2016. Simply login to your Xbox One console and launch Killer Instinct. Ensure you’re connected to Xbox Live and follow the prompts to receive the update. Once the update is complete, launch Killer Instinct fully. Once the update is complete and you have launched Killer Instinct again, you will be able to login into Windows 10 to access your owned and earned content.”

Q: Is this game cross-play?

A: YES. Users on Xbox can play against users on PC and vice versa

Q: Does this game require Xbox LIVE Gold to play online on PC?

A: No. This game does not require Xbox LIVE Gold in any fashion for people playing on PC. The Xbox version still requires Xbox LIVE Gold to play online

Q: Is an Xbox LIVE account required on PC?
A: Yes. Xbox LIVE accounts are free and you can use Hotmail and Outlook accounts to easily set one up.

Q: Is Season 3 the only season available on PC?
A: No. All seasons are available on PC in the form of the Supreme Edition.

Q: What are the minimum and or recommended specs for the PC version?

A: See above under “General Info”

Q: Is this game available on Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin, Humble Bundle, GMG, or any other PC storefront?

A: No. Killer Instinct is exclusive to the Windows Store

Q: Is 60FPS really required for playing Ranked on PC?
A: Yes. Your settings must be optimized for 60FPS to be able to play Ranked on PC. You will not be able to play Ranked until they are.

Q: What are the purchasing options for Killer Instinct?
A: See “Pricing” for details

Q: What modes can I access with the free rotating character or an individually purchased character?
A: All modes of the game are available to the free rotating character or individually purchased ones. That includes but is not limited to; arcade mode, online mode, training mode, and so on.

Q: Is there a bundle that includes all three seasons on Xbox/PC?
A: Yes. It is called the Supreme Edition. It is available on Xbox for $60 and PC for $50.

Q: Why is the Supreme Edition $50 on PC but $60 on Xbox?
A: The Xbox version of the Supreme Edition includes KI Classic and KI Classic 2

Q: Is Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic on PC?
A: No. Killer Instinct Classic and Killer Instinct 2 Classic are only available on Xbox

Q: Is Shadow Jago included in the Supreme Edition or any other edition of the game?
A: No. SHADOW JAGO IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SUPREME EDITION OR ANY OTHER EDITION OF THE GAME.

Q: How do I get Shadow Jago?
A: Shadow Jago will be available for a limited time only for $10.

Q: Will buying the Ultra Edition of Season 3 get me all of the Season 3 characters as well as the Season 1 and Season 2 characters?

A: No. Buying the Ultra Edition of Season 3 will only get you the characters for Season 3. Purchasing the Supreme Edition will get you all the characters.

Q: If I bought one of the other Ultra Editions (S1 or S2) will I get a discount for Season 3 Ultra Edition?
A: No. You do not get a discount for Season 3 Ultra Edition if you bought any of the other Ultra Editions in the past.

Q: Retail?
A: Nope. There’s still the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack if you just want the S1 cast and TJ Combo.

Q: Is this game cross buy?

A:
justin-timberlake.gif

Q: Can I unlock characters with XP?
A: No. Characters must be unlocked with money

Q: Can I unlock accessories and colors with KI Gold?
A: Yes

50A3H2V.png

Big thanks to everyone in the Season 2 OT. Y’all are seriously amazing. I legitimately could not have done this without you guys. Special thanks to TroubledBat for proofreading, Poker Face for the Pricing Section, Collingwood for the OT suggestion, Silky for the Google spreadsheet, and Keits for the Rash gifs.

bI80jAf.png

“A giveaway! Wwwwhhhhhaaaaaat?”. That’s right folks, I’m doing a giveaway! What for, you ask? For one of Ultimate Sources Killer Instinct figures! One lucky person is going to get either a Jago, Fulgore, Sabrewulf, Hisako or Shadow Jago figure. The only thing that you need to do is post one of your favorite movie one liners and you’ll be good to go.

Q: Any figure of my choice?
A: Yes! So long as it’s Jago, Fulgore, Sabrewulf, Hisako, or Shadow Jago

Q: Just one figure? Why not offer all of them?
A: What a rude question

Q: How do I get participate in this romp?
A: Simple. Post the figure that you want along with one of your favorite movie one liners. The cheesier the better.

Example:
ONE LINER
Shadow Jago
It’s not a tumor! – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kindergarten Cop

Be sure to put ONE LINER as well so that I can spot your post more easily

Q: Why are you making me answer a question instead of just having me post what I want?
A: Why to promote creative thinking and intelligent discussion of course. Also, I like one-liners.

Q: Who will decide the winner?
A: Me.

Q: When will you decide the winner?
A: Within 48 hours of this thread going up.

Q: When will I get the figure?
A: Depends. I could have the figure sent to your place at checkout or have it sent to mine first. We’ll work out the details via PM.

Q: So you’re paying for the figure but I’m guessing you’re going to make me pay for shipping amirite?
A: I will pay for shipping in the US. If you live overseas you’ll have to pay for shipping

Q: Will you ship to Europe/Asia/Australia/South America/Central America/Canada?
A: As stated above. I will pay for shipping in the US. If you don’t live in the US, you’ll have to pay for shipping.

Q: What do I do when I get the figure?
A: Microwave

Q: When I opened the case all I found was a scratched up DVD copy of 50 Shades of Grey. Did you just take the figure out like a douche and mail me something else instead?
A: "Two words, my friend. No refunds." - Marcus, Borderlands

Outrun

Awesome OT.

Top rated stuff.

I think that the PC Supreme edition is looking good :)

Dark Jago

"Then You Go in Pieces Asshole!" Dolph Lungdren in the seminal classic "I Come in Peace"

NotLiquid

Midscreen Bully

Stellar OT. This will be the first time I'll be sinking my feet into the game now that it's on PC. Can't wait

malfcn

Amazing. Ultra OT.
Pumped to see Arby and Co. No RAAM in launch trailer, even though it showed Mira and Gargos?

Azzawon

HYPE! Awesome OT. Waiting for the patch to go live, come onnnnnnnn.

Also:
Fulgore
"Oh man, I short Marvin in the face." - John Travolta, Pulp Fiction

LiveWire

Fantastic OP!

Question for the PC version.

I bought Seasons 1 and 2 (Ultra everything) on Xbox One, but I cleared that console and sold it off. I still have the rights to the content on my Xbox Live account. How do I buy season 3 (and get all my old season 1&2 content) for my Windows 10 PC without having access to an Xbox One?

Pejo

Great OP, answered all of the questions I had about purchasing for PC. I'm in! Can't wait to try out all the characters. I used to main Mr. Skeltal and Glacius. Let's see if I still like them.

Somnia

Yo! Amazing OT... I haven't played since Season 1 even thought I bought Season 2 to support KI... I may go ahead and pick this up and start playing again finally. With PC support I hope more eyes get put on KI and the scene grows.

Figments

Fantastic OP!

Question for the PC version.

I bought Seasons 1 and 2 (Ultra everything) on Xbox One, but I cleared that console and sold it off. I still have the rights to the content on my Xbox Live account. How do I buy season 3 (and get all my old season 1&2 content) for my Windows 10 PC without having access to an Xbox One?

The licenses for S1 and S2 should automatically show up, and there should also be Combo Breaker and Ultra Edition options for the game in the Windows Store. If you want your saves to transfer, though, you need to log into KI S3 on an Xbox One.

Camjo-Z

>Conker hood
>Banjo shorts

they're going to make me buy this aren't they

Sorry if this was in the OP and I missed it, but is the Shadow Lords mode included at launch or is it coming in a later update?

As for the giveaway... Jago. "Yippee-ki-yay motherfucker!" - Die Hard

Does anyone here know how to do quote to reveal. I can't figure it out :/

Quote to find out

Having problems updating my Windows 10, which will probably stop me from playing this game on PC, like I can't get access to any other AAA release on it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

The OP is OP God damn. Well done man.

I'm in for the Wulf figurine!

"Welcome to the party pal!" - Die Hard, what else.

Anyone interested in playing some matches we are looking to get a Gaf lobby running tonight, and hopefully more often. Quote this post for my Gamertag and add me (preferably with a message). I know couple of us will he online tonight so I'll send invites to fill up the lobby.

Top Bottom