• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Switch hinted

Which is it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mediking

0 chance anything remotely resembling the regular version of the game is hitting the switch. Anyone that thinks so has some serious learning to do about just how much weaker a system it is.

pocket seems the logical choice.

Perhaps....

But still....

Screenshotted. ;P

Grakl

Finally for the Wimtendo Bitch!!

????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
?????????lmao???????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????
????????????????????????

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
At this point, having only followed the game from afar, I barely know what FF15 is.

Is it feature complete? Is it a multiplayer game? Is it good?

Mediking

I'd rather get FFXIII trilogy at this point.

That's the same kinda game Square Enix should've done like Capcom did with Street Fighter 2 on Switch. It would've sold well in May for sure. I mean it still can... but there was a window for it.

ggx2ac

Just saw footage of the FFVX pocket edition. Oh man, it's not what I would call pushing the boundaries of what a phone can do.

duckroll

I'm going to assume that poor guy had a terrible phone autocorrect before he posted. Otherwise....

I'd rather get FFXIII trilogy at this point.

If that ever happens it'll probably just the the streaming version they have tried to put on mobile across three different failed services so far. That thing is hilarious. FFXIII Trilogy, The Last Remnant, and some other random shit every single time.

Robin64

I'm honestly really surprised that Switch didn't get a version of FFIX when it was remade in Unity for mobile/PC. I'd snap that up.

The Pocket Edition makes most sense, but why not just announce that platform with all the others at the same time. You wouldn't need to be coy about it.

Tyaren

FFXV isn't this bastion of graphics it will have a downgrade but we aren't talking the call of duty games on Wii here

Have you seen the Xbox One version of the game? It isn't shown very much, all ever talked about and shown is the PS4 version, but already the Xbox One version looks frankly terrible. Low resolution and blurry IQ, no texture filtering whatsoever. If it already looks like this on that console, I wonder what they would have to do to get the Switch version running, especially on the tablet. :/

FinalAres

Yeeeeessssssss.

I have no problem with this. This is like Dragon Quest XI having two versions. Amazing. Well done Square Enix :D

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, is FFXV for Twitch. An innovative meta game where FFXV is retold as a quest of live streamers through several SE games. This will also come to Switch if it ever gets a twitch app.

duckroll

The Pocket Edition makes most sense, but why not just announce that platform with all the others at the same time. You wouldn't need to be coy about it.

I mean, it looks really stupid, so maybe they either want to improve it significantly for a retail version, or reconsider their options? It looks REALLY stupid!

Ydelnae

It will be the Pocket Edition or another build of the game. The team already had a hard time porting the game to consoles, it's not going to handle Switch specs.

Neo-Ryudo

Yeeeeessssssss.

I have no problem with this. This is like Dragon Quest XI having two versions. Amazing. Well done Square Enix :D

To be fair to really like the look of the pocket edition. Will be interesting to see how it plays with combat and traveling the world as these are the main aspects of FFXV Imo.

Edit* I forgot about the episodes so I guess it's just kinda story based with a few areas and the main story battles.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Could maybe be the AAA port for switch the dev who developed the HD ff game is working on?

I wonder why both SE with this "similar to twitch" and level5 with the "swi..." hints can't simply announce things normally

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Have you seen the Xbox One version of the game? It isn't shown very much, all ever talked about and shown is the PS4 version, but already the Xbox One version looks frankly terrible. Low resolution and blurry IQ, no texture filtering whatsoever. If it already looks like this on that console, I wonder what they would have to do to get the Switch version running, especially on the tablet. :/
Assuming they base it off of the pc version where things would hopefully be more optimized to run on lower spec pcs, it could come out better than it would if they were to have a version out on switch now for instance.

LAA

FFXV isn't this bastion of graphics it will have a downgrade but we aren't talking the call of duty games on Wii here

Think you're underestimating FFXV really.
Difference between FFXV and BOTW is that FFXV aims to be realistic, while BOTW can be less detailed/use lower poly stuff, as it aims for a cel shade-ish style.

Theres so much they'd have to get rid of or downgrade significantly, forget the detailed textures, forget the high poly clothing/hair/models, lighting, (good looking food...), grass to name the things at the top of my head.

I'm sure they could port it if they really wanted to, I'm just saying it would take a bigger effort than you're giving credit for, and would probably have to look more like a PS2.5 ish game probably and I think it'd be doing the game a little of a dis-service to have a "Fantasy based on reality", look less like reality...

wrowa

I honestly would prefer some improved Pocket Edition over a downported "normal" XV. Pocket Edition might be unique enough to be fun even though I've already played XV, a downport of XV on the other hand would just be the same experience in worse.

Galava

Difference between FFXV and BOTW is that FFXV aims to be realistic, while BOTW can be less detailed/use lower poly stuff, as it aims for a cel shade-ish style.

Theres so much they'd have to get rid of or downgrade significantly, forget the detailed textures, forget the high poly clothing/hair/models, lighting, (good looking food...), grass to name the things at the top of my head.

I'm sure they could port it if they really wanted to, I'm just saying it would take a bigger effort than you're giving credit for, and would probably have to look more like a PS2.5 ish game probably and I think it'd be doing the game a little of a dis-service to have a "Fantasy based on reality", look less like reality...

Switch runs on nvidia. PC version on very-low settings ftw!

duckroll

Whats the point of pushing boundries when all mobile phones are suffering from battery life problems?

Why does Mobius exist?! Lol.

Honestly though, I think this doesn't look cheap or weak technically. It's just that compared to what FFXV is, the difference in art direction is super stupid. Lmao.

LordKano

I just listened to the twitch clip and man he's really not subtle at teasing stuff, so yeah there's something FFXV coming, but I don't think they'd bother with a HD port of their awful mobile version.

I'm betting on some dumb spin-off, like a board game or something.

Robin64

Given we got the rather nice looking Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U, I am sure a decent port of the full-fat Final Fantasy XV could be accomplished. It just always struck me as being a really inefficient engine, given how atrocious the Xbox One version looks and the base PS4 struggling with it too.

Pocket Edition running on Switch with some nice shader additions, native res, etc, would be okay though. Honestly, it just looks like FFXV Bravely Default Edition to me. I'm okay with it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I'm not saying it wouldn't take effort, FFXV was a mess of a game that they is made out of 2 engines cobbled together, and the Xbox one version suffered especislly so from this as it wasent the main version. What I'm saying is the pc version probably makes the game alot easier to port to anything they want now

Top Bottom