• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Kerrby

Banned
AzureNightmare said:
...just answer the Goddamn questions already

The question doesn't even make any fucking sense. Why would I resent you? All I said is the bar should've been set realistically, there's no way it's going to reach 100,000 people.

Dumb question.

Kerrby said:
The question doesn't even make any fucking sense. Why would I resent you? All I said is the bar should've been set realistically, there's no way it's going to reach 100,000 people.

Dumb question.
The question isn't in reference to me alone, its in reference to all the fine, well meaning Mega Man fans who have chosen to not give up in the face of insurmountable odds and fight to see a game that they oh so strongly believe should see a legitimate chance of being released. The fact that you keep avoiding my questions makes your constant involvement in this thread all that more questionable and I think I deserve a decent explanation as to why you are being excessively negative both to me and towards the people who want to see their favorite subseries of Mega Man games get another release. If anything, it is your constant dismissal of their actions combined with your refusal to even acknowledge my questions, which are directly pointed at you and your sucktastic attitude, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Borman

Excuse the dust and such...
IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

AzureNightmare said:
The question isn't in reference to me alone, its in reference to all the fine, well meaning Mega Man fans who have chosen to not give up in the face of insurmountable odds and fight to see a game that they oh so strongly believe should see a legitimate chance of being released.

His point is that the failure of the Megaman fans to meet half of their goal is evidence that Capcom has done nothing wrong in canceling the game. It's fair to be upset at Capcom for cancelling the game you are looking forward to (which all of us here are looking forward to). But in the end you must acknowledge that the Megaman series has never been as big as Mario or Street Fighter. In a modern video game world dominated by zombies and AK74s a series about androids killing each other has lost its relevance and it's a uphill task for Capcom to make a Megaman game that'll be finanically viable. So there must be a point where you stop hating Capcom and instead start hating Inafune for running the series to the ground. MML3 just came years too late.

scytheavatar said:
His point is that the failure of the Megaman fans to meet half of their goal is evidence that Capcom has done nothing wrong in canceling the game. It's fair to be upset at Capcom for cancelling the game you are looking forward to (which all of us here are looking forward to). But in the end you must acknowledge that the Megaman series has never been as big as Mario or Street Fighter. In a modern video game world dominated by zombies and AK74s a series about androids killing each other has lost its relevance and it's a uphill task for Capcom to make a Megaman game that'll be finanically viable. So there must be a point where you stop hating Capcom and instead start hating Inafune for running the series to the ground. MML3 just came years too late.
No, he really has no point whatsoever. Inafune didn't run Mega Man into the ground and if anything, he was revitalizing the series right before he quit his job at Capcom. Its actually quite interesting how all Mega Man projects got shitcanned after he left his job there. I don't see how you can say the series was run into the ground when there were games like Mega Man Zero and its sequels, Mega Man ZX, Mega Man Battle Networks 1-3, Mega Man 9 & 10, Maverick Hunter X, and Mega Man Powered Up. These are all relatively recent games that absolutely shined quality wise and you cannot objectively disagree about that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly the only game recently that sold much were the 8-bit games and, like SF4, was fueled by nostalgia.

Well, I'm gonna be the guy to say it and mention that it didn't hurt sales that Mega Man 9 was probably the best game in the classic series.

Yeah, I went there.

Boss Doggie

Fine Ham Abounds said:
Well, I'm gonna be the guy to say it and mention that it didn't hurt sales that Mega Man 9 was probably the best game in the classic series.

Yeah, I went there.

Your post doesn't say Megaman 3

Ookami-kun said:
Your post doesn't say Megaman 3
You heard me!

I'll agree 3 was at least as good if not better than 2 up until the Wily Stages. 3 had my least favorite Wily castle ever. Even the Yellow Devil didn't look right.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
3 blows its end game load on the Doc Robot stages, which are probably pound for pound the toughest four stages in the entire franchise. They had nothing left for Wily, so they threw some short ass stages along with over generous e tanks together with some lackluster copycat bosses.

2 and 9 are overall better games, but 3 is a solid bronze choice.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This game got cancelled almost 3 months ago and the FB page isn't even at 50,000 yet? Man. Capcom made the right decision. I wonder how many of those 50k are just sympathizers who probably wouldn't have bought the game in the first place (like me).

If people gave a shit about this game, it would've hit double the target in a week. As it is, it's another Okami or worse.

diffusionx said:
This game got cancelled almost 3 months ago and the FB page isn't even at 50,000 yet? Man. Capcom made the right decision. I wonder how many of those 50k are just sympathizers who probably wouldn't have bought the game in the first place (like me).

If people gave a shit about this game, it would've hit double the target in a week. As it is, it's another Okami or worse.

Blame 3DS not Legends 3.

diffusionx said:

It'd be 150,000+ right now if had Japan's support. But they don't believe in Facebook :c

Anzan

Neo Member
SnakeSlashRO said:
Blame 3DS not Legends 3.

Yeah, man, stupid 3DS. Why isn't it selling software at all. Like those 500K+ copies of SFIV and that 1.5 million copies of Ocarina of Time, 1 million copies of Nintendogs, 350K Layton in japan alone, and 250K copies of the awful RE Mercs.

No, don't blame 3DS. It's selling software just fine. This is an awful situation, but he's actually right. There SHOULD be more support for this if the game was likely to be successful. And what would have been better to make the game on? If you put it on PS360 you triple or possibly even quadruple the budget and need that many more sales to make a profit. No, it's not the 3DS's fault. Not at all. It's a cheap system to make games for now selling good software numbers and good hardware numbers.

Blame Capcom if you want, and I'm as big as a MML fan as exists, but if a Facebook page that's been promoted on every single major gaming site on the internet can't get 100,000 people to click "Like," do you really think it was going to be successful?

On the bright side, Keiji Inafune just announced his new game, which is in fact a 3DS title. It's a Romance of the Three Kingdoms pirate game, and being designed as a trilogy. Hope it makes it to the west!

wwm0nkey said:
The Bringback MML3 fan page made a video for NYCC, they are setting up a fan booth even.

Video

Really don't think I've ever seen so many people that cared about a game so much.

Is it going to next to the Capcom Booth? I hope not.

EDIT: Video taken down

Anzan said:
Yeah, man, stupid 3DS. Why isn't it selling software at all. Like those 500K+ copies of SFIV and that 1.5 million copies of Ocarina of Time, 1 million copies of Nintendogs, 350K Layton in japan alone, and 250K copies of the awful RE Mercs.

No, don't blame 3DS. It's selling software just fine. This is an awful situation, but he's actually right. There SHOULD be more support for this if the game was likely to be successful. And what would have been better to make the game on? If you put it on PS360 you triple or possibly even quadruple the budget and need that many more sales to make a profit. No, it's not the 3DS's fault. Not at all. It's a cheap system to make games for now selling good software numbers and good hardware numbers.

Blame Capcom if you want, and I'm as big as a MML fan as exists, but if a Facebook page that's been promoted on every single major gaming site on the internet can't get 100,000 people to click "Like," do you really think it was going to be successful?

On the bright side, Keiji Inafune just announced his new game, which is in fact a 3DS title. It's a Romance of the Three Kingdoms pirate game, and being designed as a trilogy. Hope it makes it to the west!

You went and wrote an essay, I didnt say a word about sales. No one wants to buy a 3DS. Good games that are selling on the system is good for the people who own one. Also this game was canceled before the price drop. So you can't even go there. Still no one wants to buy a 3DS...

Boss Doggie

SnakeSlashRO said:
You went and wrote an essay, I didnt say a word about sales. No one wants to buy a 3DS. Good games that are selling on the system is good for the people who own one. Also this game was canceled before the price drop. So you can't even go there. Still no one wants to buy a 3DS...

Oh boy...

SnakeSlashRO said:

You're cute.
Can we keep him?

Boss Doggie

But really, simply putting a game on a "better" handheld won't make it sell more (especially after seeing what Vita is offering, its set doesn't make MML3 welcome)

Izayoi

Banned
SnakeSlashRO said:
:lol

You're a real guy.

AzureNightmare said:
The question isn't in reference to me alone, its in reference to all the fine, well meaning Mega Man fans who have chosen to not give up in the face of insurmountable odds and fight to see a game that they oh so strongly believe should see a legitimate chance of being released. The fact that you keep avoiding my questions makes your constant involvement in this thread all that more questionable and I think I deserve a decent explanation as to why you are being excessively negative both to me and towards the people who want to see their favorite subseries of Mega Man games get another release. If anything, it is your constant dismissal of their actions combined with your refusal to even acknowledge my questions, which are directly pointed at you and your sucktastic attitude, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Because it's pointless to keep fighting for a game that was obviously dead even while it was in development?

qq more

SnakeSlashRO said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Boss Doggie

qq more said:
NINTENDO AM DOOMED

Hahaha it always manages to get into random places!

X fanboys are really weird. Then again that's what happens when their blue hero never appeared as a playable character in crossovers compared to this game that had so many appearances as playable characters.

j/k

Kerrby

Banned
diffusionx said:

You basically posted what I wrote
but not as good ;)
so expect a reply from AzureNightmare asking questions about why you're a realist.

CoffeeJanitor said:
Because it's pointless to keep fighting for a game that was obviously dead even while it was in development?
Why is it pointless? Historically Videogame companies have listened to large masses of angry and/or upset fans.

Kerrby said:
You basically posted what I wrote
but not as good ;)
so expect a reply from AzureNightmare asking questions about why you're a realist.
I'm still expecting some answers from you Kerrby.

OH JESUS THREAD BUMP JUST GIVE UP GUYS!1 AMIRITE!?

So we've got some developments worth mentioning, mostly New York Comic-Con centric:

So this is a real thing happening. That's right, the 100,000 strong group has their own NYCC booth, where our very own Capcom is also present as well.

TMQbv.jpg

2Lj3x.jpg

wC7X5.jpg

JTuSc.jpg

qhw4O.jpg

YqeZ9.jpg

cWB56.jpg

XrG42.jpg

On top of this there is an interview scheduled tomorrow between Seth Killian and the booth rep, so props to them for setting that up. Ending it all will be a "100,000" march to Capcom's booth with the intention to hand them a bound book full of fan stores and reactions to Legends.

Also Comcept is offering to make the game too. As is Cyber Connect. As is internal Capcom staff. Everyone except the Capcom execs. Yeah.

Anyway, thought this was all bump worthy.

Godspeed Legends booth people, you've made it pretty far.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
5o6zq.jpg

B.K. said:
It's too bad that all this still won't do any good.
last i heard 100,000 facebook likes mean 100,000 sales. so it makes sense that the people that make big choices about profitability would uncancel the game after seeing all those zeroes!

Top Bottom