• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Parasyte until 4:30. Football game 5 hours later.

2yAgdSB.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, not only a marathon for Halloween, but it's for IBO?

I honestly might just skip that night, especially considering the group of episodes we'd be watching.

Edit: So looking at the schedule, the marathon would have episodes 13 through 19.

......so we're beginning the night with WUT'S A FUNERUL?!

Didn't see the new thread until today. And I just barely made the wall of shame.

Not going to watch the IBO marathon on the 29th. No point in watching the worst parts of IBO a third time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Honestly, I might watch the first episode since it was hilariously bad. But after that, I'll probably use the time to work on backlog stuff to prepare for Nov. stuff.

Seda

I'm kinda surprised Halloween affects ratings enough to place a marathon a few days before it. I know some people might do parties or whatnot, but when compared to the actual Monday holidays?

Grexeno

I'm kinda surprised Halloween affects ratings enough to place a marathon a few days before it. I know some people might do parties or whatnot, but when compared to the actual Monday holidays?
Any excuse for a marathon is a good one for Toonami

I'm heading to a Halloween party that night, so it works out well for me.

EDIT: With JJBA, as I mentioned before, I'd love if they had episode previews, because there's so much amazing stuff to show out of context. Frog punching, for instance. As for the series promo, I hope they mention the "multiple generations" thing.

To no one's surprise, Gundam IBO marathon will be on 10/29, via Toonami's facebook.
"Hey, we need to marathon a show in October. Maybe something Halloween-related with shades of spooky themes in it? I know. How about One P-"

"Iron-Blooded Orphans."

"Uh...okay."

Such a wasted opportunity. A Thriller Bark marathon on right before Halloween makes too much sense.

Ray Down

Banned
"Hey, we need to marathon a show in October. Maybe something Halloween-related with shades of spooky themes in it? I know. How about One P-"

"Iron-Blooded Orphans."

"Uh...okay."

Such a wasted opportunity. A Thriller Bark marathon on right before Halloween makes too much sense.

And if they wanted a real horror marathon, just show Sword Art.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aaahhh, omg the Jojo promo. I cannot wait to see it on TV.

What a great way to answer one (well, almost two) of your biggest questions relating to the show.

I wonder if watching it with the Toonami group will help the dub grow on me.

As someone who read the manga and fantasy cast everyone in my head with specific voice actors doing specific previous roles, I don't like a lot of the official cast :(.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if watching it with the Toonami group will help the dub grow on me.

As someone who read the manga and fantasy cast everyone in my head with specific voice actors doing specific previous roles, I don't like a lot of the official cast :(.
Especially considering I've already seen the anime twice now & I associate specific actors with certain characters. But this is something I tend to have an issue with if I see one version first over the other.

At the very least, the Part 3 dub seems to be in decent hands based on what I've heard.

Um, in regards of the manga, how far do the spoilers go?

It's really just "guys fight", and while it takes a few episodes to start happening, the fact that there are vampires and guys with super powers are base-level spoilers for the series.

Plus, the promo just covers part 1, which is relatively short.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, good point. That should mean that we could get a Part 2 promo later on. Would be neat if they used Roundabout again.

Edit: Speaking of which, I am going to explain the whole name change situation the next time I'm on the podcast (which I'm hoping will be the Jojo premiere). As someone who fully knows about the Crunchyroll names & why they're used, all I want to do is jump in & explain since each time it's discussed, you guys sound uncertain.

Sorry, it's just a habit that I want to let people be up to date/have the correct info when I know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom