• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

I wonder what it will be...

Here is an interesting quandary though. If I have my XB1 games installed on an external hard drive, would I be able to get an XB1X, set up my XBL account, plug in the drive and keep on trucking?
You should be able to, you will probably just have to download any graphical updates for the games on the drive though.

Colbert

Banned
Here are some better pictures of the Scorpio Special Edition console itself and the packaging. The packaging is great imo. Gives you the feeling to buy something special.

M4VYKtl.png

gzE8q6R.png

MCD

Console is super deeeeeeep black. Was it meant to be hidden under the tv and forgotten? I'm the kind who loves "gamey" designs like the OG xbox and gamecube.

Can't fault the design here though. I mean smaller than an S, more powerful and with built in power supply (again like the S)? Sign me the fuck up.

I like the console, and the box it comes in. I'm less sure about the controller, as vertical lettering rarely looks "right" anywhere IMHO. But it's not that big a deal.

I will probably try and bag one of these, assuming they are available to the public.

gogojira

Man that console looks so good, I even like the text. Not so much on the controller but I honestly don't give a shit because I'm going to use my elite controller either way.

deadstar72

Neo Member
I'm not sure why everyone's shitpiling on Lasty95's post, I read it as he was asking why you'd get a scorpio edition over a regular one x (correct me if i'm wrong though). Anyway looks nice, but like others have said that vertical lettering on the controller does look odd.

Easily the best looking console right now. I was a fan of the OG Xbox One as well, even though it was enormous. Still not getting it because there's no games that interest me in the Xbox side, but a beautiful console nonetheless.

Mihos

Gold Member
I gave my Xbox One away, so may pick up an X to replace it with. Not redoing the theater to 4k until maybe next summer though.

I'm buying the system in day one, but I think I'll just stick to the regular one. The script on the console isn't bad. It just looks really weird on the controller like that.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I get why they did it green, but it would look so much better in white.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
For once, I may actually keep a box. I usually toss them out after a week but this one... this one, I might just keep it around.

The presentation is 9 PM CEST, but the GameStop announcement seems to be at 2 PM CEST so you may be able to pre-order before that. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

2PM CT (Central time) is not the same as 2 PM CEST (Central European Summer Time).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anyone else without a 4K set getting this?

Me.

From what I've seen downsampling makes quite a big difference in display. Less aliasing and clearer graphics and textures. Plus, you'll get all the other benefits the x brings in texture filtering, load times, and other x specific enhancements.

But... I'm not convinced just yet. My plan is to resell it if, within a few days, I'm not pleased. Even if I take a small hit it'll be worth it to see how it looks in the comfort of my own home, on my tv and in my setup.

Of course is all may change based on what ms shows or doesn't show. But I'm for sure in for a pre-order ;)

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
2PM CT (Central time) is not the same as 2 PM CEST (Central European Summer Time).
Sorry about that, didn't notice that autocorrect and misread tweet. So the GS announcement will be at 2PM CT / 3PM EST. The Xbox press conference stream will follow at 9PM EST?

GS_XBOX_Preorder_GS.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Sorry about that, didn't notice that autocorrect and misread tweet. So the GS announcement will be at 2PM CT / 3PM EST. The Xbox press conference stream will follow at 9PM EST?

GS_XBOX_Preorder_GS.jpg

Both are 3PM EST., though, the GS Announcemennt might be sometime during the conference.

Top Bottom