• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

A little while ago in this thread I mentioned I've never been on a run of wins or losses. Always WLWLWL...

Well, that has since changed. Two days ago I got my highest score of the season. Since then I've played 10 games and lost 9 of those. I'm now currently sat at the lowest rank I have ever had.

Also, I played for 2 straight hours last night and unlocked just 1 loot box (white white blue white). It's pathetic. There's no way in hell anyone could unlock the stuff they want just through playing. Give us double XP during the event, or more coins for duplicates.

This anniversary event has been the worst yet.

When did this happen? I always leave at the victory pose screen.

Not sure, might just be a bug, but I know for sure that I left a comp game at that point and it didn't register my xp. I had 16500 or so and figured that one game would make me level up. Nope, was still at the same amount of exp. Irritating. I'm just going to wait for the PotG to start now.

Yager

Banned
Yeah I'll join you today, I might pick up Injustice later today as well.

At this rate, I'll just be happy to hit 2800 again before season ends...

Great! If you pick it you can join us one of these days, we're playing now before Maestro becomes an Injustice god (dude is amazing at fighting games).

Also FYI, if by any case I sound angrier than normal it's because I've been dealing with bed bugs and that shit is starting to mess with my head.

Anne

Ryujehong Widow :eek:

Esca beating s00n 1v1 and landing pulse bombs

Solo support offense

Tip support defense with Who.R.U Ana

Veelk

Banned
Lol at Rogue looking at that team comp and nope.jpg-ing out to switch

It was a really smart decision, but it was funny to have them peek in and then immediately walk back.

holysan

Rogue needs to get a more diverse hero pool. They're getting outdived the whole time. AKM is a killer McCree, yet he sticks to S76 where he doesn't look nearly as strong. More sustain doesn't help him there either when Miro kills him anyway :(

LiK

Mystery Heroes is a good chill mode. Woke up late last night and decided to get the rest of the weekly lootboxes. Wanted to play with a few Gaffers who were on but they were playing Comp at ridiculous hours. It was like 3AM lol (Yes, they're American)

xviper

why no one is talking about how much they nerfed Reinhardt ?? he's probably the worst tank now

the speed of his swing is MUCH slower, and it doesn't reach like it used to, and i feel like he takes more damage now, kinda like Winston

i know they nerfed his ULT, even though it was already weak, but why no one is talking about the hammer speed ?? any Rein mains will notice

Jellie

why no one is talking about how much they nerfed Reinhardt ?? he's probably the worst tank now

the speed of his swing is MUCH slower, and it doesn't reach like it used to, and i feel like he takes more damage now, kinda like Winston

i know they nerfed his ULT, even though it was already weak, but why no one is talking about the hammer speed ?? any Rein mains will notice
People have talked about it. There isn't much left to say about it. Also earth shatter weak??? Was second best ult after grav.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Esca kicked some serious ass today. Holy shit.

It's not like Rogue is bad in terms of player skill, but they do seem way lacking in discipline and coordination compared to the more prepared teams like KDP and Lunatic Hai.

I'm really surprised Lunatic Hai held it together and fought Rogue off the point on Hanamura. That looked like a sure thing for Rogue, with multiple kills on the point and AKM sitting on high ground.

Magnus

First day of my #staycation before starting a new job. First loot box. Kicking things off right.

(I don't even play Genji, but I should start!)

bz72kqb.jpg

>push to talk
>bong rip

Considering the conversation I had to listen to was:

"Man, I gave you the biggest chip! Look how big that chip was! Hahahahaha oh man look at this gnarly chip! Isn't this chip fucking shaped weird? Hahahaha."

I wouldn't be surprised.

I lasted about 30 seconds before I just muted him.

What? Where did they nerf his hammer speed?

xviper

What? Where did they nerf his hammer speed?

the hammer is terrible now, go play and see for yourself, this is the worst nerf ever, Reinhardt didn't need any changing, he was my main, i play 90% of the matches with him

so instead of nerfing an actual overpowered heroes like Pharah or Zarya, they decided to nerf Reinhardt, which i don't remember seeing anyone mention that he is OP or needs any change

Akuun

It wasn't a direct nerf, but IIRC Blizzard changed the way his swings and actions worked so that they are server side instead of client side. Basically everyone now sees the same things happening on screen, but from the player's perspective, everything is a bit slower because your actions have to wait for the server to register.

Or maybe it's a bug:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20755017015

LiK

I still can't wrap my head around Genji. I just haven't been able to get a rhythm going with his abilities. Gonna take more practice.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1st game, got matched with a group of 4, lost, got -16sr.

2nd game, got matched to a different group of 4 facing off against my previous group of 4, won, got +35sr.

��

Chance

Is the Rein Hammer Lag also a thing on PS4? I forgot to test it last night.

Oh! But reddit was totally right about the Tracer ledge walk on Volskaya. Luckily if you go at the right angle you can get across in a single blink.

I-hate-u

Wait they reduced his swing speed?

I still can't wrap my head around Genji. I just haven't been able to get a rhythm going with his abilities. Gonna take more practice.

What's your control layout for him?

I'm forced to put jump on L2 but I hate it because the I dont like the PS4 triggers in general

Always be tapping jump, toss shurikens haphazardly from afar into red outlines, press deflect when you've overextended -- then dash into your target if they're low health, or dash away from them if they're winning. When possible hit ult and repeatedly press attack and dash and somehow kill everyone with 200HP or less. There, you're now a Genji pro.

LiK

What's your control layout for him?

I'm forced to put jump on L2 but I hate it because the I dont like the PS4 triggers in general

I use default since I have jump with my paddles on my Scuf. It's just I can't get into the rhythm of primary fire, mixed with his dash and melee. Just one of those heroes that doesn't jive with my playstyle but I wanna learn him. It'll make me better at countering him.

Always be tapping jump, toss shurikens haphazardly from afar into red outlines, press deflect when you've overextended -- then dash into your target if they're low health, or dash away from them if they're winning. When possible hit ult and repeatedly press attack and dash and somehow kill everyone with 200HP or less. There, you're now a Genji pro.

ROFL, this actually sounds like a good tip, tbh. Just need to be a total dick towards my teammates and also bind "I need healing" to a button.

Akuun

Make sure to spam I NEED HEALING from across the map and as far away from line of sight from the healer as possible.

And if you're in line of sight, juke those fucking Ana shots as if she was an enemy Widow.

MKIL65

How can my team constantly blame me, melee me, spam thanks in chat and send toxic messages to me, when I'm the one carrying them!

mIuzEXH.png

Yeah, I upvoted myself. Since they were too salty to admit that they were wrong. That the reason we lost was because of their incompetence, not mine.

LiK

How can my team constantly blame me, melee me, spam thanks in chat and send toxic messages to me, when I'm the one carrying them!

http://i.imgur.com/mIuzEXH.png

Yeah, I upvoted myself. Since they were too salty to admit that they were wrong. That the reason we lost was because of their incompetence, not mine.[/QUOTE]

The whole meme about Hanzo mains is getting so goddamn old now. Hanzo is legit good. I enjoy using him now as well. Good job bruv.

ISOM

mIuzEXH.png

Yeah, I upvoted myself. Since they were too salty to admit that they were wrong. That the reason we lost was because of their incompetence, not mine.

Nothing brings the salt mines like playing Hanzo. It doesn't matter if you're even playing well, their prejudices warp their POV and everything you do is bad.

hypernima

Banned

mIuzEXH.png

Everyone needs someone to blame.
Don't sweat it. Playing off meta should prove a bit more merit with this new kill feed system at least.

AbaFadi

Banned
I don't understand why Blizzard decided that you need to be in top 500 at the end of the season to get the rewards, but you get the season reward competitive points for just hitting a certain rank once. Honestly they would solve so many problems with throwers if they just gave you the end of season rewards based off where you finish the season. It's way more common for people to say they already hit masters or whatever so they don't care anymore, than it is for someone to say they already hit top 500 and don't care anymore (I've witnessed the latter plenty of times, but it doesn't apply to the majority of the player base).

LiK

I don't understand why Blizzard decided that you need to be in top 500 at the end of the season to get the rewards, but you get the season reward competitive points for just hitting a certain rank once. Honestly they would solve so many problems with throwers if they just gave you the end of season rewards based off where you finish the season. It's way more common for people to say they already hit masters or whatever so they don't care anymore, than it is for someone to say they already hit top 500 and don't care anymore (I've witnessed the latter plenty of times, but it doesn't apply to the majority of the player base).

I had this exact same thought. People shouldn't be getting rewards at highest tier. They should get it for rank when season ends. People would wanna win more instead of reaching Diamond or above and then just throwing cuz they don't give a shit anymore.

Rein is still okay for people who have low ping; I can still push hard and shatter people to win team fights. However, Rein is really close to being unplayable for me because of my ping and the netcode change to Rein's hit registers.

Everything I do is very laggy now. Can't follow up after earth shatter, can't hit point blank targets (hammer goes through them and no reg/late reg), firestrikes are really hard to land, charge is impossible to land on anything not sleeping, and shield blocking is slower AND meaningless because you cancel the animation really late to get a reg--unless you are baiting shatter or hook.

Overall, the nerf sucks. It doesn't change Rein fundamentally, but makes him very team reliant because of the follow up and decreased potential of aggressive play. It is pretty much crippling and an off limits hero for people who have 100ms+ ping like me. This sucks because I invested some time in learning Rein at a high level; he is one of my best and most effective heroes.

Also, Rein is easier to dive now. You can't smack monkey, Tracer and Genji, and you have a harder time smack>cancel with block to hit tracer. Rein is originally weak to dive, and now he is even weaker. I also hate deathball so much and prefer to dive using Winston/D.Va, but people refuse to cooperate and pick dive heroes, so I usually pick Rein. That pretty much makes me re-evaluate my role as a main tank. I usually flex, but I will be more DPS oriented from now on (it sucks to climb with tanks when the easier method is to kill everything at low elo instead of being fancy and creating space).

mIuzEXH.png

Not that I want to start a thing here but looking at that team comp, wouldn't you be better switching?

Yes, you are obviously good at Hanzo and the hate at specific characters is pointless before you see someone use them.

On the other hand, if you have four DPS in your team and it's obviously not working, would it not be better to be the one to make the change? Would another tank not have been more useful in that situation to give absorb some damage and give the rest of your team something to build off?

I don't know if that was the compositions throughout the match, don't want to make too many assumptions. I had a mentality change recently where I started making character changes when it isn't working, rather than getting angry at my team. Even if we lose, at least I felt I tried everything.

Hope this doesn't sound pernitcky.

Top Bottom