• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

The Tweet explained it: their materials sucked, so they had to redo it. Would you prefer it quicker and not look as good, or wait a little bit more and have it look good? These things happened, and it's nothing I haven't heard, being the cause of a delay.

Well, the tweet is inaccurate. The last email says the end of January.

Hi, guys, just had a query - Firewatch was my first LRG purchase, and the times for orders opening were specified a bit in advance. I'd checked around, and hadn't seen anything specific for Oxenfree on the 20th - is there a specific time that LRG usually opens its orders? I wanted to make sure I was on time for it, I'd kick myself (hopefully not literally) if I was a few hours late and missed out.

Belated, but my copy of Firewatch looks fantastic. Seeing the in-game postcard brought to life was a nice touch, too.

JDH

The new blue shipping boxes are fucking incredible.

Speaking of shipping boxes (and sorry if it was covered already) Do we still add a shipping box to our order, or is it added automatically after ordering a certain number of items?

Also if let's say it adds "automatically" and I added it, am I paying for it twice essentially?

I know I read something about that, but can't remember what!?

Hi, guys, just had a query - Firewatch was my first LRG purchase, and the times for orders opening were specified a bit in advance. I'd checked around, and hadn't seen anything specific for Oxenfree on the 20th - is there a specific time that LRG usually opens its orders? I wanted to make sure I was on time for it, I'd kick myself (hopefully not literally) if I was a few hours late and missed out.

Belated, but my copy of Firewatch looks fantastic. Seeing the in-game postcard brought to life was a nice touch, too.

Oxenfree is not releasing on the 20th. It will either be the 27th or 3rd. LRG will update their website when the final release date has been determined. Orders always open at 10:00 am EST and again at 6:00 pm EST. Your local time will obviously vary.

Oxenfree is not releasing on the 20th. It will either be the 27th or 3rd. LRG will update their website when the final release date has been determined. Orders always open at 10:00 am EST and again at 6:00 pm EST. Your local time will obviously vary.

Fantastic, thank you! I'll keep an eye out for the specific date.

Semoreh

I've started playing Firewatch, and it's great so far. The text is fully traduced in French too, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Oh, and I received my two Oddworlds, one being... the Blue version :D
I don't know what to do now... I'm glad I've got a collector item, but I objectively prefer this cover. Also the edge is less readable in the Blue cover.
I'll probably sell it but it's hard to part with it.
#luckymanproblems

Not a good time to be broke. I hope it's not limited.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll get better :/

As for badland games, I don't think they ever limited the number of games they published...

NDPsycho

I've started playing Firewatch, and it's great so far. The text is fully traduced in French too, I was pleasantly surprised :)

I don't know what to do now... I'm glad I've got a collector item, but I objectively prefer this cover. Also the edge is less readable in the Blue cover.
#luckymanproblems

So...open it and turn it around? You have all three covers technically.

Skulldead

I'm going to ask here (i know i could at Buy/Sell, but I'll try here before) Anybody is interest to exchange his blue copy variant of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath for any previous other release of LGR ? PM me please.

ephemeral

#luckymanproblems

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you'll get better :/

As for badland games, I don't think they ever limited the number of games they published...

I really love this community, all the sympathy makes me feel a lot better, so thank you :). That's great news then, so I can pick it up eventually without having to pay scalpers. One of the best Vita games released so I'm glad it's getting released physically.

Yeah, that's the nicest cover for sure. I got the other one unfortunately. :) No big deal though.

I find the LE cover to be the worst looking of the bunch.

Clive

Hi. Long time lurker and got accepted last week. Anyway, what was your favorite release by LRG?

Shadow Complex and Stranger's Wrath are legitimately great games IMO. Really looking forward to playing Firewatch, Volume and Oxenfree too but one just arrived, one hasn't been released and one will be shipped whenever SkullGirls ships.

Hey, you here! Welcome! My favorite release so far was One Way Heroics, definitely.

Good taste. Ended up in my top 10 for GOTY. Not sure it's my favorite game they've released since I already liked Soldner X-2 and Stealth Inc so much, but since One Way Heroics was an all new game to me when they put it out, it was a huge surprise.

I'm so glad they did that one or I might've let it pass by until some super dirt cheap PSN sale and just throw it on the backlog.

Dashey10

Neo Member
Here's my list of favorite games from them.

Oddworld New N Tasty, Xeodrifter, Octodad, Shadow Complex Remastered, both Shantaes, Fire watch, Soldner-X 2, and Oddworld Stranger's Wrath.

JDH

So worth my effort setting my alarm to buy any releases tomorrow or will there be nothing?

I thought here was going to be something in Jan 20?

Edit: Just read this page. Derp. I was going by the OP for the date. Nevermind..

emb

Nothing today, right?

Edit: Yep, looks that way. My alarm keeps going off on Fridays and I keep panicking just for a sec. :p

Hi. Long time lurker and got accepted last week. Anyway, what was your favorite release by LRG?
It's a three-way tie for me. Firewatch might edge things out because of the map and since it's the only LRG release to get more than one playthrough in my house. My wife watched me play, fell in love, and wanted to give it a shot herself. I'm thrilled to have physical copies of their two Shantae releases as well. I hadn't played either of those before.

Dashey10

Neo Member
It's a three-way tie for me. Firewatch might edge things out because of the map and since it's the only LRG release to get more than one playthrough in my house. My wife watched me play, fell in love, and wanted to give it a shot herself. I'm thrilled to have physical copies of their two Shantae releases as well. I hadn't played either of those before.

Yeah. I own both of the Shantae games on Steam and enjoyed playing through them. I'll be honest, I never heard of Firewatch until LRG announced it and I watched Markiplier played it and I fell in love with it.

Dashey10

Neo Member
Swapper-PS4_grande.png

Swapper-PSV_grande.png

3,300 Made. 2 per Customer.

I didn't see an announcement for this.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Awesome cover and game.

From their latest email:

With these releases we will be rolling out a customer loyalty program where each purchase will help you earn free prizes. We'll also be allowing you to mark your purchases to be held so you can combine shipments across multiple game releases to save on shipping. Details on both of these will be available next week.

I've never heard of The Swapper, it looks great! I am so down for this.

Anyone know how it runs on Vita?

Its an amazing game, really well done puzzles that are tough, yet fair. Vita version runs at a steady 30FPS (while PS4 one runs at 60FPS). I never had any issues with the Vita version, runs great from the several playthroughs I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom