• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's the molduga theme right? It's a great track but specific to a certain enemy in a certain area of the game. Easy to miss, and not likely to be encountered too often by anyone who's not farming those guys.

I wish we could put stickers down on the Hyrule Castle map. There are so many branching paths.
No, he's talking about Kass. If someone didn't recognize that song then they missed finishing a great part of BotW.

Red

No, he's talking about Kass. If someone didn't recognize that song then they missed finishing a great part of BotW.
I see now.

Does anyone know if you can find
Farosh's scale
in Hyrule castle? I've found
dragon fang shards from all three dragons, and scales from both Nayru and Dinraal.
It seems like I should be able to find the last scale but i have no idea if it's actually in there.

I don't want to know where it is, only if it can be found.

Are the towers just for making name of land in area visible?

No, you get detailed topographical details that are quite helpful (remember you can zoom in). Allows you to see elevation of land/mountains/valleys, roads, bodies of water, built structures (houses, enemy camps), trees, etc. Without the tower you get nothing from the map except your location in a void.

Red

No, you get detailed typographical details that are quite helpful. Allows you to see elevation of land/mountains/valleys, roads, bodies of water, built structures (houses, enemy camps), trees, etc. Without the tower you get nothing from the map except your location in a void.
You also don't get all geographic features named. Some require a visit before their titles are added to the map.

Pokemaniac

No, you get detailed typographical details that are quite helpful. Allows you to see elevation of land/mountains/valleys, roads, bodies of water, built structures (houses, enemy camps), trees, etc. Without the tower you get nothing from the map except your location in a void.

I think the word you're actually looking for there is topographical.

fighting calamity ganon as soon as i left great plateau, took me a while to finish the blights, the thunder blight is ALWAYS a fucking pain, but finally got the hang of him as well as the others.

Calamity ganon, full health, stomped me and i died.

Have to fight all of blights again, holy shit i'm gonna cry

Red

Found all the shrines. Good stuff. Can't finish them all yet but at least I know exactly where to go once I'm ready to tackle them. Still can't find
Farosh's scale
in the castle. It must be there, but it's a lot of trouble trying to find it.

[TW]Stone;241755861 said:
Should I invest more in hearts or stamina at the statues?

Stamina if you want to make exploration easier and arguably more or less fun depending on who you ask. Hearts if you suck at combat. Or you can go with a balanced approach. Edit: stamina will also improve how long you can do spinning attack, aerial aiming/shooting, and dashing, all of which are useful in combat.

I invested in more stamina early on, and didn't regret it at all.

There is a way to exchange hearts for stamina and vice versa for a small fee any time. So don't sweat it, you can "change your mind" later on.

Wollan

Received my Neon Nintendo Switch yesterday and I just para-glided down from the Great Plateau in my first sitting. Got the winter overall and killed the stone giant before I left.

Purchased the Season Pass DLC straight after and I will return to the Great Plateau to pick up my rewards in my next session (hopefully it doesn't require a new game?).

Sidon

I'm still not over the fact how incredible this game actually is.

Lots of people complained about the Ganon fight being too easy, but I thought it was a breath of fresh air - you just trekked across like what...100 hours of content, and having a doable end fight was awesome. Finally I didn't get stuck on some end boss, allowing me to actually finish a game story. Everybody seems to expect Dark Souls like difficulty on games nowadays, it's getting long in the tooth. Here the difficulty is kind of smeared out over the entire experience and they're giving you the time and resources to get grips with it.

I seriously hope we'll see more open world games like this. I can't go back to the Ubisoft iconathons, and even Horizon and W3 feel stale to me now.

TheMoon

Received my Neon Nintendo Switch yesterday and I just para-glided down from the Great Plateau in my first sitting. Got the winter overall and killed the stone giant before I left.

Purchased the Season Pass DLC straight after and I will return to the Great Plateau to pick up my rewards in my next session (hopefully it doesn't require a new game?).

It doesn't. The "rewards" are also entirely worthless. Unless you're really craving that silly Switch t-shirt.

bomma_man

Found all the shrines. Good stuff. Can't finish them all yet but at least I know exactly where to go once I'm ready to tackle them. Still can't find
Farosh's scale

Why can't you finish them? You have everything you need from the plateau

jariw

Farosh's scale

From what direction did you enter the castle? IIRC, a chest with a scale was available somewhere when I entered the castle
from the docks

Moreche

I've never recommended buying a console for one game but I'll make an exception for this.
You should definitely buy a switch for BOTW.
I just wish my TV was calibrated the same as my Switch screen, the game looks better on the Switch screen.

Are there post-divine beast side quests in Goron City? I went through the city briefly afterwards but didn't notice anyone with quests aside from
the Gerudo who buys gem stones from you
. Surely, there's more than just that?

TheMoon

I've never recommended buying a console for one game but I'll make an exception for this.
You should definitely buy a switch for BOTW.
I just wish my TV was calibrated the same as my Switch screen, the game looks better on the Switch screen.

Remember, you are the antidote to the ills of your TV remote.

Man, this world is just too large, I wouldve preferred Nintendo to put some quality side missions or at least missions that direct you around these gigantic areas, Im not one to explore just to explore, I usually like going to a location with some purpose, still early but Im guessing this is how the game will be.

Im not one to explore just to explore

You're the opposite of me.

I am a rabid nutcase completionist with a tendency to dawdle and sniff the flowers - Ocarina took me 120 hours, and I sunk 870 hours in Endless Ocean (and still didn't find everything). Think I can wave bye bye to the next year or so ...

This is more like me. I even played The Last of Us like an exploration game, I think I examined every square foot of wallpaper in all the abandoned houses.

When I love a game world, then I soak it in and really take my time with every area. I took over 5000 screenshots in BotW and I'm not done yet 😁

TheMoon

Man, this world is just too large, I wouldve preferred Nintendo to put some quality side missions or at least missions that direct you around these gigantic areas, Im not one to explore just to explore, I usually like going to a location with some purpose, still early but Im guessing this is how the game will be.

They have those. It's not some hand-holdy formula, though.

You talk to people and they might tell you "do you see X in the distance? I heard...." or "people say that around X, they saw a Y" ...

It's just not super in-your-face.

Chauzu

I finished this game 100%, but can't wait for the first DLC pack. Trials of the Sword will be amazing, and who knows, maybe I start from scratch with hard mode...

Red

Why can't you finish them? You have everything you need from the plateau
You don't. There are at least three (and maybe four—
unless I missed something in Kakariko
that require completion of divine beasts. Two require the camera. Two require dragon scales. I don't want to do the beasts yet, because
I want to complete the boss rush before beating Ganon.
I don't have the camera because I am leaving the meeting with Impa until everything else is complete. I found two dragon scales in Hyrule castle, but only one of these was useful in completing a quest, so I am still looking for another. Dragons still have not spawned in my game and I remain convinced that meeting Impa is the trigger for their appearance.
From what direction did you enter the castle? IIRC, a chest with a scale was available somewhere when I entered the castle
from the docks
I've entered from all cardinal directions. I did find a scale
near the docks, in a chest behind a bombable rock, but it was Dinraal's scale—which I also needed, but which is not the one I am looking for now.

I've since explored most of the interior of the castle, and traveled most of the exterior paths, but I haven't scaled every wall on the outside. I have a feeling the thing I'm looking for is in an obscure bombable rock somewhere and it will be a real pain to find.

I wonder if I should wait for the DLC to hit before I get heart containers and pick up the master sword. I wonder what the combat trial reward will be.

jariw

I also wonder if the trial of the sword is different in master mode.

It is harder, in the same way as in the overworld, if I understood the Treehouse Live stream correctly. Actually, I don't understand how it's possible to beat it in Master Mode unless it's a perfect run. There doesn't seem to be that many weapons available on each stage, and the enemies regain strength if they aren't killed.

If you follow the trail of the old man's advice from the plateau until you reach
the Hateno Lab
, you'll get a pretty good start on things to do. When you get side quests (or main quests), you can select them in the quest list to get them highlighted on the map.

piggychan

ooo I always just manually time the deflections, but I'll miss like 1 out of 10, so that could be good xD

Just to confirm since I haven't booted up the game in weeks and memory gets hazy when playing other JRPGs but today I decided to venture back into the game and take a snap shot.

DDLtrS-UMAAyloI.jpg:large

Red

How do koroks hang around on death mountain and not get burned to a crisp?

I just entered the last shrine I am currently able to access. Once I do this I think I'll stock up on food and finally tackle Ganon. There are only a few sidequests I have going that could distract me. I am running out of other things to do. I am a little frustrated by not being able to find the
Farosh's scale
in the castle, but I guess it won't be an issue for much longer.

TheMoon

How do koroks hang around on death mountain and not get burned to a crisp?

I just entered the last shrine I am currently able to access. Once I do this I think I'll stock up on food and finally tackle Ganon. There are only a few sidequests I have going that could distract me. I am running out of other things to do. I am a little frustrated by not being able to find the
Farosh's scale
in the castle, but I guess it won't be an issue for much longer.

Koroks are secretly Gods.

Out of stuff to play until Uncharted: The Lost Legacy so decided to start the game over since I wasn't feeling it my 1st time thru and really enjoying it this time. This might be my 1st ever Zelda game that I complete.

Not sure I want to spend 1000 rupees on the Ancient Shield when I can time the Beam deflections right back at them with any other shield.

Looks neat though. ;p

bomma_man

You don't. There are at least three (and maybe four—
unless I missed something in Kakariko
that require completion of divine beasts. Two require the camera. Two require dragon scales. I don't want to do the beasts yet, because
I want to complete the boss rush before beating Ganon.
I don't have the camera because I am leaving the meeting with Impa until everything else is complete. I found two dragon scales in Hyrule castle, but only one of these was useful in completing a quest, so I am still looking for another. Dragons still have not spawned in my game and I remain convinced that meeting Impa is the trigger for their appearance.

I've entered from all cardinal directions. I did find a scale
near the docks, in a chest behind a bombable rock, but it was Dinraal's scale—which I also needed, but which is not the one I am looking for now.

I've since explored most of the interior of the castle, and traveled most of the exterior paths, but I haven't scaled every wall on the outside. I have a feeling the thing I'm looking for is in an obscure bombable rock somewhere and it will be a real pain to find.

I wonder if I should wait for the DLC to hit before I get heart containers and pick up the master sword. I wonder what the combat trial reward will be.

Ah I see, you can't access them at all. I thought you meant you had a bunch of orange shrines on your map.

OMG this game is so good. No game has right to be this good. Amazing.

Now few questions:

I just got the quests to free divine beasts from the village. All the locations are scattered in various directions. Which one should I target first?

Also where do we get best clothes/armor? I unlocked that armor enhancing fairy too.
In that area, there was a big circular machine thing (similar to shrines where we drop mechanical balls in them to solve puzzles etc) but there was no ball nearby. Where do we get the ball?

And what about Amiibos? Which ones to buy? And what are these Amiibo cards? Are they legit?

Top Bottom