• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S 1TB Console – Minecraft Limited Edition Bundle is $399/£349/€399

LAA

I'm not even into Minecraft but I really like thr look of the console tbh and may go as far to say it's the best game themed console I've seen, at least the attention to detail they've put into it with all the nods towards the game.

LordRaptor

Is this super expensive to make Scorpio look less stupidly expensive?

I don't get it,
I don't believe the core Minecraft audience are in the "super hardcore buy at a high price for limited edition collectible tat" demographic.

This isn't a master chief themed halo collection with a cat helmet

Ricky_R

Couple of things:

- Actual box looks awesome
- Console looks kinda cool, but not for me
- Great idea to make a Minecraft themed console
- That price????

The standard 1TB console is 299. This comes with Minecraft and is a limited edition. The bottom of the console is transparent and it lights up. Fair price..

On paper, maybe, but in the real world, where you can get a standard 1TB one incl. a full price game for €249 any time of the day - and further discounted if you take your time to lookout for it - €399 for a bundle with a 20€ game and a bold design seems to be rather optimistic. But as you said, it's a limited edition and maybe it's just so limited that they intend to sell just a couple of them anyhow.

sirronoh

As someone who works in marketing, Microsoft should know their demos better than this. I'd be willing to bet the size of the collector market for Minecraft is smaller than the family market.

Well, at this price, maybe Phil was right after all -- the Xbox One S really is competing with the PS4 Pro.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This should have been $250 so it could hit $200 during BF a and been THE console parents grab for their 12 year and younger kids. MS finally has the chance to have a hit and they completely fucking squander it. What are they thinking?

Broank

Damn 400 buck seems crazy. I just got the original Minecraft One S bundle a few months ago for less than half of that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This should have been $250 so it could hit $200 during BF a and been THE console parents grab for their 12 year and younger kids. MS finally has the chance to have a hit and they completely fucking squander it. What are they thinking?

well they've had plain xbox bundles with minecraft before - those would be the affordable options. This is presumably designed to be a lower volume, higher priced offering.

but it is really expensive. People know what the xbox costs, and surely any parent looking at getting a console for their younger child for minecraft will look at this - and then look at the almost half price white standard console and at least do a double take?

SpotAnime

As a parent, I would tell my kid "no way are you paying that much for that, get the cheaper one."

As an adult, I tell myself "no way would I ever pay that much for that, get the cheaper one."

Microsoft is cray-cray.

Spades

It's like MS are actively trying not to sell as many consoles as possible. The price is way too high, which is a shame as I think $100 less and people would snap these up; both existing Xbox One customers and those who don't own an Xbox.

$ 4 0 0

Pretty cool looking tho..

It's crazy as hell. My daughter actually got me (kinda) into minecraft. I started a castle!

But I can't stand that roadblocks shite.

2SeeKU

d1XWK7d.jpg

Looks like you can also get a Xbox One S Minecraft Pig Wireless Controller.

The buttons are a cute detail.

Missed opportunity, just sick to 500gb and get the price as low as possible, this would sell like crazy if it wasn't so damn expensive!

Don't show this to your kids if you value $400.
As a parent, I would tell my kid "no way are you paying that much for that, get the cheaper one."

As an adult, I tell myself "no way would I ever pay that much for that, get the cheaper one."

Microsoft is cray-cray.
The cheaper ones are only 500GB. That isn't enough storage.

Top Bottom