• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.50 add Boost Mode for PS4 Pro.

Vashetti

Banned
Someone test Boost Mode on Street Fighter V & Overwatch.
  • Street Fighter V: Are the background elements for the OG stages 60fps?
  • Overwatch: Are the Character Select & Highlight Intros 60fps?
  • Both: Is gameplay running at 120fps?

Overwatch already has a Pro patch.

5taquitos

Some more oddball titles from me if anyone is interested in performance in lesser played games!

Furi - Better, MUCH less screen tear at the start of the game.

Fallout 4 - Seems locked to 30fps now, aside from occasional hitches which id assume are streaming issues.

Homefront Revolution - Garbage game still, but again, now seems a pretty much locked 30 FPS.

Saints Row 4 - Still not a locked 60FPS unfortunately. Although its undeniably closer. To hazard a guess I'd says its now constantly between 50 and 60. It does spend a fair bit of time of 60FPS however which it didn't before (unless you pointed the camera at the floor or the sky etc)

Grow Home - Still absolute trash performance wise

Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - Now locked 60FPS, even in trouble sops like near the railway line and on the curve near the two houses.

Doing god's work, thank you!

Wallach

now I wish some games like Skyrim didn't get a Pro patch

edit - lol Fallout 4 will get shit on by getting a Pro patch too

Tested Yakuza 0, not seen any tearing at all with Beast Mode enabled, even spinning the camera around quickly in densely packed parts of the city or whilst getting pummelled by Mr. Shakedown with a billion Yen flying all over the place!

Also gave Bloodborne a try just for the hell of it, runs like complete arse as expected. The framepacing is so bad it will always feel like it is running at 20FPS to me. I just can't play the damn game because of it.

I'll give Until Dawn a try tomorrow, that was a difficult game for me to get through because of the performance and would love to try a second play through if significantly improved.

• Overwatch: Are the Character Select & Highlight Intros 60fps?

OW got a Pro patch. Also, YES! i hate how the Character Select runs at 30fps now. its stupid. the game was so sexy.

Bustanen

I can tell you that Witcher 3 is silky, buttery smooth in Novigrad. I tried it at night and day and could see no drops. YouTube is processing, but not sure about the NDA, probably shouldn't be saying either. Doh.
Amazing. Going to play it through again after Blood and Wine.

icespide

Banned
  • Overwatch: Are the Character Select & Highlight Intro animations 60fps?
Overwatch has a pro patch

yes to 110fps lol
zfGuK7u.gif

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I think that (maybe) Fallout 4 and Skyrim can benefit when installing a lot of mods.
I installed around 5 visual mods on my PS4 and now FO4 runs like crap.

Sorry for caps, but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT DOES FOR BLOODBORNE. I have yet to buy a Pro btw.
Haven't played it myself but posts seem to indicate that it's pretty much a consistently locked 30 fps.

But the framepacing issues are still there.

Also gave Bloodborne a try just for the hell of it, runs like complete arse as expected. The framepacing is so bad it will always feel like it is running at 20FPS to me. I just can't play the damn game because of it.

Sorry for caps, but I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT DOES FOR BLOODBORNE. I have yet to buy a Pro btw.
Can see improvement in this comparison. Stutter when approaching the doors at the start completely gone in boost mode.

Here's a REALLY quick video on Bloodborne. Old Yharnam. Sorry, no fancy titles lol first par is peasant mode and second beast mode (starts around 1:22).

Seems like it's still processing so it's kinda low quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqgylCea40

Skux

I swear they put the NDA on just for hype value. Commercial outlets like DF can't cover this so it falls to the users to capture all the footage and build word of mouth.

Dying Light has been massively improved thanks to Boost Mode. All the big frame rate drops, even when dashing around on buggies, have gone. Nice and smooth now.

Some more oddball titles from me if anyone is interested in performance in lesser played games!

Furi - Better, MUCH less screen tear at the start of the game.

Fallout 4 - Seems locked to 30fps now, aside from occasional hitches which id assume are streaming issues.

Homefront Revolution - Garbage game still, but again, now seems a pretty much locked 30 FPS.

Saints Row 4 - Still not a locked 60FPS unfortunately. Although its undeniably closer. To hazard a guess I'd says its now constantly between 50 and 60. It does spend a fair bit of time of 60FPS however which it didn't before (unless you pointed the camera at the floor or the sky etc)

Grow Home - Still absolute trash performance wise

Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - Now locked 60FPS, even in trouble spots like near the railway line and on the curve near the two houses.

that Ethan Carter boost!

My backlog games getting stronger
giphy.gif

JayEH

• Overwatch: Are the Character Select & Highlight Intro animations 60fps?

Even on pc sfv had 30 fps elements.

Mascot

Is there any truth to the rumour I just started that this is a bait & switch by Sony to sell everyone a Pro before removing the boost from the public firmware roll-out?

"Hey, it was a beta. There were technical issues with boost".

I'm buying a Pro.

Withnail

Little did we know that PS4 Pro wasn't even in its final form.

Beast mode is unlocked and it's 🔥 🔥 🔥

wouwie

It would be interesting to see if boost mode improves Dirt Rally (don't think there was a pro patch for that game). There was noticable tearing in the Monaco stages iirc.

Top Bottom