• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGITΩ

Get a Miiverse Spam going on about the game, that way the actual Wii U community weighs in. I just posted on the Nintendoland Miiverse.

This is interesting, since no one asked for such a monstrosity on 360 or PS3 to begin with.

Yeah, the game seems pretty bad. I played it for a few minutes and instantly deleted it.

I thought the demo was awful.

I partly wish people would elaborate on their opinions, though there are other MGR:R thread to do that at.

Zandatsu while taking a dump woud make this the most satisfying game in existance.

This became my top reason for wanting a port.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm good with it being where it is now. Definitely looking forward to MGR and Bayonetta 2. Just concentrate on those and a ZOE remake/boot.

Terrell

while his approach might not be the best one, i agree with him. every single thread about the god awful wiiU 3rd party support is full of nintendo fans "we don't need those games, they're shit". every single game on the platform? best thing ever or they're "okay" to keep them occupied until the next big thing (whatever that is) comes out. well, i guess that does explain why nintendo platforms don't get the games though, the fans don't want them.

Ummm....

As a "Nintendo fan", I really dislike being lumped together with people who exhibit certain attitudes :\

Oh, I see someone already addressed this.

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo fan. I'm somewhat indifferent to the game, but I acknowledge that part of my indifference has to do with the following:

1) Not really enjoying Metal Gear in the first place and having a lack of interest in its bullshit canon with a side-plate of cheese
2) Not having played the demo to know if it's good from a gameplay perspective or not to set itself apart from point #1
3) A desire to support NONE of Konami's future ventures after their treatment of Team Silent and Hudson

However, all that said, I can see that there's likely an appeal to this game that should prevent me from outright discounting it as some people do.

Unless you're aware of their intentions, you're lumping a bunch of people together that may not fit the criteria you think they have (some of these detractors might not even be fanboys, for instance) and people who don't hold such an extremist view (such as myself).

I'm sorry, my protip still applies.

Don't see this happening. They have 2 exclusive games coming. Their platform specific where this would be months old (possibly longer) port.

I don't think its truly beneficial to anyone.

Gilby

Only interesting if they do the EXTREMELY OBVIOUS and allow players to use the WM+ for the "chop enemies into pieces" sections, allowing them to remove the slow-mo required to do so with an analog stick. It *might* make a better game.

You would think Nintendo would have worked with third party developers and publishers to avoid this.

Especially with Japanese ones. It's getting more ridiculous though, when 3DS gets it's own Castlevania that connects to the console games, but Wii U doesn't get Lords of Shadows 2.

Forkball

I never get these claims from developers. How would they see demand? Internet message boards? That is only a fraction of the game buying public. And it would depend on which message boards they check. Honestly just release it or say "we won't make money so we aren't making it" but don't try to put the weight on gamers.

Meesh

This is a little embarrassing, but I haven't played Metal Gear since....the very first one so I'd bite :)
Petition signed btw.

Even if it did happen it's already way too late. No point wasting time. >_>
Pretty much.

If Platinum's going to do a late port, make it Bayonetta as a warm up for the exclusive sequel.

If Wii U owners are going to petition for a Metal Gear, make it MGSV so the platform can get a timely release of a more significant title.

Wouldn't it be up to Konami to decide if they port it? I love Platinum Games, don't own a WiiU, but come on Konami. Ballsy. If you want to pull the Wii Capcom test for the WiiU you have to more than 3 actual franchises people still care about.
As someone who lived through the Capcom Wii test thing, here is what will likely happen. Konami will release the MGS HD collection on WiiU. It will sell poorly or meh. No Ground Zeroes for you. You'll get bad ports of PES and the Silent Hill HD collection. If they need to boost their financials they'll release the ZOE HD collection. For Lords of Shadow 2, they'll re-release an unoptimized port of Lords of Shadow 1 for $60. It will sell poorly and no LoS2 for you.

Above all else, they will never re-release NES Contra. It's been seven years. It's mother-fucking Contra. Don't give me that arcade shit on Xbla. It's not the same. You lost the source code didn't you? Fuck it I'm done. Could have made a killing on Wii VC, but no. You love your pachinko machines too much. Yeah they've got nice bumpers, but they don't love you like I do. You don't even know what up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start even means any more.

Trike

Whats up with all of the Metal Gear Rising hate? Didn't know it really existed for the game. Is it because of the Bayonetta 2 betrayal? I thought those people said they were killing themselves.

It's weird for people to say that Wii U owners should be happy with the two Platinum games that they (will) have. Its not selfish to want support from a developer making games that seemingly would not require much effort to port. Wii U fans just don't want a repeat of the Wii in terms of support.

Then again I also have a 360/PS3 and a decent PC so I don't have to worry about this kind of console war crap.

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo fan. I'm somewhat indifferent to the game, but I acknowledge that part of my indifference has to do with the following:

1) Not really enjoying Metal Gear in the first place and having a lack of interest in its bullshit canon with a side-plate of cheese
2) Not having played the demo to know if it's good from a gameplay perspective or not to set itself apart from point #1
3) A desire to support NONE of Konami's future ventures after their treatment of Team Silent and Hudson

However, all that said, I can see that there's likely an appeal to this game that should prevent me from outright discounting it as some people do.

Unless you're aware of their intentions, you're lumping a bunch of people together that may not fit the criteria you think they have (some of these detractors might not even be fanboys, for instance) and people who don't hold such an extremist view (such as myself).

I'm sorry, my protip still applies.

As far as not enjoying Metal Gear or it's canon, Revengeance is a spinoff that is trying to stand on it's own so those unfamiliar with the story can jump in. It is also not really that close in gameplay. If you are a fan of Platinum games I would suggest trying the demo if you are able. But good for you keeping an open mind about a game you aren't interested in. You aren't obligated to like every new popular release.

Step 1: buys WiiU

Step 2: Start petition for ports

Step 3: wait.

Profit.

Its like the Vita cycle, but with hope!

Wii U port begging is annoying, but not as annoying as the general hate the console seems to get now.

Purpose of Kickstarter: Pay people directly so they can make shit.
Kickstarter's original purpose was to get funding for projects that would other wise have no chance be become a reality. Small developers and individuals who need money for their projects, not huge corporations.

Somewhere along the line that has become perverted and is just being abused now.

The demo was like a bad joke that I can only assume comes from the Internet hyping anything with a major franchise label attached to it. Make something else.

Hooo come on. It's better than the usual bullshit excuses but... They want the players to beg for a port which will be scheduled for next year? I think it's pretty insulting...
Like EA delaying NFS thinking people will "double-dip". Beats me.
release your fucking game simultaneously with other platforms,just add off TV play and everybody's happy...

Riposte

Kickstarter's original purpose was to get funding for projects that would other wise have no chance be become a reality. Small developers and individuals who need money for their projects, not huge corporations.

Somewhere along the line that has become perverted and is just being abused now.

Why should I care more about whether a dev is "small" or only an individual over whether I want the end result or not?

I want a WiiU or PC port Platinum's recent games, so I'll be glad to use a means that enables them to deliver that.

ohlawd

What happens if I clone myself 10,000,000 times and say that each one of those clones wants a MGR Wii U or PC port?

Does that count? :D

Grief.exe

I always jump in these threads, imagine Platinum games on PC.

Vanquish, Bayonetta, MGS:R all in 1080p+ with 120 fps, glorious.

Neiteio

I always jump in these threads, imagine Platinum games on PC.

Vanquish, Bayonetta, MGS:R all in 1080p+ with 120 fps, glorious.
r9FJe.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I kinda wonder why nintendo wastes time and money on those people tbh.

Because they're a publisher seeking high quality video games in order to satisfy their customers, and not spiteful childish cunts who don't know the difference between a developer making a game and a publisher who not only funds it, but controls all the licensing.

Riposte

This is Konami how do we show them Demand on Wii U they hardly even make games for Nintendo platforms

There were a few exclusive Konami games for the Wii. Off the top of my head (though I haven't played them all): "ReBirth" brand of titles, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Castlevania Judgment, Elebits, and Kororinpa.

Is what you are saying any less true for other devs? Sounds like nonsense.

Well then I gotta say I do want it. As someone who doesn't want either Xbox or Playstation and will be getting Wii U, I definitely want this game available.

There were a few exclusive Konami games for the Wii. Off the top of my head (though I haven't played them all): "ReBirth" brand of titles, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Castlevania Judgment, Elebits, and Kororinpa.

Is what you are saying any less true for other devs? Sounds like nonsense.

well I was thinking of Konami's big AAA guns but since you played the Elebits and Kororinpa Wii Exclusive card I guess my statement about Konami support on Nintendo platforms is nonsense

wooo woo more Kororinpa for Wii U

There's a questionable amount of hate for Rising in this thread. I'd actually be curious to see if the same people throwing shade on it now are the same people who were hyped for the Watermelon Cutting Simulator that the original version seemed to be.

No. Nintendo needs to stop stealing our games. I'm sick and tired of it.

( Joking of course, but It's pretty funny seeing people call the demo bad because it may not be coming to WiiU though. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom