• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mistel

Banned
What aiming mode should GAFers play online? I'm afraid that all these aiming modes will fragment the audience.

Assisted Aim – Full: Traditional locked on targeting
Assisted Aim – Partial: Short lock-on period
Free Aim – Assisted: Brief initial lock
Free Aim: No lock
IF you're aiming to do missions then avoid no lock as the NPC's have ridiculous accuracy, and make it a lot less enjoyable as they'll kill you faster than you kill them. Anywhere from traditional to partial free aim should be fine for missions along with free roam.
I thought heist were coming in the near content patch?
The first patch for the next gen version will contain heists.

Striker

I stuck with the partial aiming because that's where most users tend to be. Speaking of, I have no issue getting in Online in my own sessions an even in missions with people, but I haven't been able to join big rooms filled with everyone yet. I keep getting timed out errors.

- EDIT: As I say that I got in a room with six people. Progress.

Over it. This gave me connection problems and so did another game I tried. If I was not so invested in games, I would trade my Xbox One stuff in. I refuse to believe things can be so broken and unbalanced in this day and age. It's frustrating. It's almost been a year and almost half of the issues that occurred with the console still plague it. Random party drops (due to network limitations, yet I have an open NAT and network setup tells me I'm good to go), can't see a feed, can't send an invite, can connect to games.

forms

Honest question here; what is it that you DO in GTA Online? My experiences from prevgen is that all games were an all out slugfest, people driving in citcles trying to kill each others. What has changed, are there any inventives for being less of an asshole? :D

Is there any way to start games with a forced first person perspective?

graffix13

Probably going to wait a few days before I get on.

I am afraid of some of my online trophies not popping. I'm not doing those again!

Vespene

Honest question here; what is it that you DO in GTA Online? My experiences from prevgen is that all games were an all out slugfest, people driving in citcles trying to kill each others. What has changed, are there any inventives for being less of an asshole? :D

There seems to be very little extra direction given. While I'm content with it just being a sandbox where people hunt each other's bounties, I would've loved a more direction oriented game with, dare I say, loot. Imagine running missions where the objective is to steal a car engine from a moving train. Then another story mission where you have to highjack a bus to steal a wheels shipment... etc... etc... culminating in you having all the parts to build a custom car. That would be a lot more interesting than grinding levels and money to buy upgrades at the mechanic.

Maybe heists will be like this, and its the reason Rockstar has spent over a year working on them.

Probably going to wait a few days before I get on.

I am afraid of some of my online trophies not popping. I'm not doing those again!

Well, I'll point out that as soon as I got into a lobby, I had every online trophy I had before (all of them) pop up one at a time. I wasn't sure they would activate but it did a good job.

I still didn't get my transfer money yet though.

Currently lvl 139 with about 600 in game races. my record is about 250 wins to 350 non wins, and I think that's a pretty good record.

forms

There seems to be very little extra direction given. While I'm content with it just being a sandbox where people hunt each other's bounties, I would've loved a more direction oriented game with, dare I say, loot. Imagine running missions where the objective is to steal a car engine from a moving train. Then another story mission where you have to highjack a bus to steal a wheels shipment... etc... etc... culminating in you having all the parts to build a custom car. That would be a lot more interesting than grinding levels and money to buy upgrades at the mechanic.

Maybe heists will be like this, and its the reason Rockstar has spent over a year working on them.

Ok, so it is still pretty much the same then. A smaller friends only mode would have sufficed. :D

graffix13

Well, I'll point out that as soon as I got into a lobby, I had every online trophy I had before (all of them) pop up one at a time. I wasn't sure they would activate but it did a good job.

I still didn't get my transfer money yet though.

Currently lvl 139 with about 600 in game races. my record is about 250 wins to 350 non wins, and I think that's a pretty good record.

Yeah, I've read that most people aren't having problems with them popping, but a few are claiming they are just getting a few or none at all.

Sounds like it may be an issue with the Social Club and servers synching? I dunno. Either way I just figure I'll wait a few days until things stabilize and they work out the kinks.

Vespene

Ok, so it is still pretty much the same then. A smaller friends only mode would have sufficed. :D

There is a certain charm to playing with randoms in a game like this. It lends nicely to the randomness that ensues when strangers meet in a world where almost anything can happen. I have countless stories of rolling with my friends hunting bounties or surviving them as groups.

There is a certain charm to playing with randoms in a game like this. It lends nicely to the randomness that ensues when strangers meet in a world where almost anything can happen. I have countless stories of rolling with my friends hunting bounties or surviving them as groups.
Friends and crew are the way to go, but I have really enjoyed teaming up with random people. Normally I'll pull up to a store or land a copter near someone and if they don't immediately shoot you (which will happen often) then they jump in and we just ride around causing chaos for as long as possible.

Mistel

Banned
What's the fastest way to level up? My imported character is only level 12 :(
If you get up to 15 then you unlock violent duct which is a fast mission with decent RP returns following that at 20 you get lost and found which is a short race that make things faster gaining RP to level up.

Nori Chan

Great OT, how are all of your characters looking like? My male main is 107 while my female alt is 42. She looked so much better on 360 kinda hate that you only get one chance to change your character.

1YedNBG.jpg

hopefully they actually come through with the plastic surgeon option cause I want to work more on my female

Cc23830

Great OT, how are all of your characters looking like? My male main is 107 while my female alt is 42. She looked so much better on 360 kinda hate that you only get one chance to change your character.

hopefully they actually come through with the plastic surgeon option cause I want to work more on my female

Mine was even worse, I wasn't payi.g attention and thought I'd come back to the character creator, so my guy looks identical to my ps3 one :(

I don't remember from playing on the 360. I always wanted Free Aim anyway. Any kind of lock would be awful.

There was free aim in GTA O on 360/Ps3, but it sucked... You had to chose Free Aim in Single player then load up multi. It put you into a free aim only lobby, but in all likelihood, it was empty... And then if you joined a job, you'd have free aim while everybody else had auto aim.

R* really screwed it up. I still don't understand why you can't create a game mode, like say, Team Death Match, and then have a setting "Free Aim / Auto Aim" like freaking every other game in history.

Amazing amount of requests to the PS4 crew! I'll get to everyone as soon as I can, I could only take one day off work, and as such, am back there now :( I'll update everything as I can, thank you for your patience! I would like to bring up again that any application to the crew should be joined by your Gaf name if you could, since I believe most places on the Social Club offer a message with any request.

You do what you do in every GTA game...make money, buy useless things, drive, fly, steal and kill! Personally, I enjoy driving with friends, and stunting off whatever we can, finding ramps, and exploring. Occasionally I'll go bounty hunting, but I'm a fairly passive player, unless provoked :D

So, can you create a mission now that forces first person perspective. I can see that being used really well and abused really poorly.

It's a shame that most user created content is just really bad races where they just tack random jumps and objects together to try and create stunt tracks.

Teknoman

Hoping Heists really drive more mission based gameplay. Because the way they sound like they'll be, it should be pretty awesome.

Finally got my 800K bonus for pre-ordering.

Currently sitting at 1.8M, with a nice apartment 10 garage (that I want to upgrade from to the better ones). Unfortunately I want to get rid of all my cars and buy and upgrade new at least 3 (motorcycle, sports, super).

Also is it true that partial aim assistance is the one where most people play? Is that the default aim where every other option is something you have to change?

How much can completely maxing out one car cost without factoring in the cost to just buying the car?

Ooccoo

So they lured people into buying the next-gen version promising online heists, yet they're STILL not available. How is this not false advertising?

Mistel

Banned
Also is it true that partial aim assistance is the one where most people play? Is that the default aim where every other option is something you have to change?

How much can completely maxing out one car cost without factoring in the cost to just buying the car?
Traditional is full aim assist, partial is that reduced traditional is probably the most common.

Maxing out cars depends on type Super's are the most expensive to upgrade generally, Sports or Muscle will offer the same performance upgrades wise with more visual options to play. Plus Sports and the Muscle categories are cheaper aslo.

Benfort

Neo Member
I would like to bring up again that any application to the crew should be joined by your Gaf name if you could, since I believe most places on the Social Club offer a message with any request.

Didn't work for me. Sended a request, but didn't see an option for a message. psn-name is rampue.

Tigress

So they lured people into buying the next-gen version promising online heists, yet they're STILL not available. How is this not false advertising?

Where did they promise heists in the current gen version?

Please.. I want you to point me to any where that Rockstar said heists were coming with the current gen version.

The closest they said was that it was coming in the next update after the current gen versions came out and that *ALL* of them (and they made sure to emphasize this) were getting heists.

So, I fail to see how that is Rockstar using Heists to try to get people onto the current gen versions.

Having a hard time connecting online, any tips?

Playing a solo sessions, is there any difference in what I can do in solo session

Why can't I get a job playing GTA. Real jobs sucks. I need to be playing this, NAO! I can't decide on whether or not I want to further my SP replay...or just play around in Online....decisions, decisions!!!!
Didn't work for me. Sended a request, but didn't see an option for a message. psn-name is rampue.
Ok, no worries. I can't fuly remember how it all works, I just know I can send messages when I do a FR, or try to recruit someone.

Top Bottom