• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Konami left AAA game development because putting up tens of millions of dollars and waiting four years for something to come out wasn't working for them anymore. I think that a AA strategy of cheaper games for mobile and Switch (and direct download for the other consoles?) Could be a good fit for them. A Gradius title doesn't need to be AAA to be fun, just like Bomberman.

What's Treasure up to these days, are they still alive?

New Gradius please.

Savitar

Ha, those are pretty cool.

Been wanting to get the game but the bad news kept me from doing so, however with the patches and stuff like this, chances are I'll get it when I got a bit extra cash to flash.

Zukkoyaki

Konami left AAA game development because putting up tens of millions of dollars and waiting four years for something to come out wasn't working for them anymore. I think that a AA strategy of cheaper games for mobile and Switch (and direct download for the other consoles?) Could be a good fit for them. A Gradius title doesn't need to be AAA to be fun, just like Bomberman.

This would be amazing to see and it isn't out of the realm of possibility either (just look at Bomberman's support and numbers). Nintendo seems interested in working with them as well to make things happen.

kunonabi

Pyramid Head deserves better than this

Not really he's been shoehorned for years into a bunch of silent hill projects he had no business in so this is actually a step up. They even used his real design instead of his awful movie look.

Eolz

If Nintendo had the option of funding an MGSV port, would they? Should they? Would it be distasteful?

Depends on the price, but Konami would have an interest in doing that. Great game, good technical showcase as well, AAA experience, already done.
I don't see Nintendo paying money for Castlevania, but they paid for MGS in the past. That wouldn't be distasteful, different audiences.

Nicko

Wow, I might actually get this game now simply to show some Castlevania support.

Please Konami, Castlevania on Switch would be my dream come true.

TreIII

And this is the right answer.

Considering Nintendo already has a few other ex-Konami patriots on speed dial (aka Good Feel, the makers behind Kirby Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World), I would just hope that they can do more in this vein, where corporate level Ninty and Konami work something out and they just get the right people on the job. Castlevania, Gradius/Parodius, Goemon, anything should be within reach.

While we're at, Nintendo and Konami...SOMEONE PLEASE CALL UP 8ING SO WE CAN GET A NEW FRIGGIN BLOODY ROAR, DAMMIT! Bloody Roar would be a small time fighting game anywhere else, but it just may have a chance of getting legit attention on a platform which likely won't get too many traditional fighting game ports, anyway.

Eolz

Yeah, this update (60fps, more free maps, free cameo characters, tweaks, etc) and all this support since launch really convinced me to buy the game.
Especially since it's not out of stock everywhere with scalpers profiting off it.

When we heard of Super Bomberman R and Street Fighter II on Switch, I thought there is a market for these types of updated retro experiences on Switch if they control the budget.

Konami doesn't seem to want to be involved with huge AAA projects, but hopefully Super Bomberman R will lead to them greenlighting another classic IP on Switch (Goemon, Bonk, or Castlevania please!!!).

60fps and some neat guest characters? I almost want to get it but I still don't want to pull the trigger at its current price. As soon as it goes on sale I'm hitting buy.

Mr. Hyde

When we heard of Super Bomberman R and Street Fighter II on Switch, I thought there is a market for these types of updated retro experiences on Switch if they control the budget.

Konami doesn't seem to want to be involved with huge AAA projects, but hopefully Super Bomberman R will lead to them greenlighting another classic IP on Switch (Goemon, Bonk, or Castlevania please!!!).

If Konami continues making games like this, I will show my support for them. I'd rather companies like them and Atlus not feel the pressure of creating high budget next gen console games.

foltzie1

If Nintendo had the option of funding an MGSV port, would they? Should they? Would it be distasteful?

Has Fox Engine been ported to the Switch already? If so, then maybe a MGS collection of some sort might have legs.

Otherwise I concur. Do something AA style with other franchises.

Top Bottom