• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkified

Can't wait for mine to arrive. The Star Wars Advent Calendar (along with the Christmas freebie) I ordered with it have already shipped but the Pet Shop shouldn't do the same until at least the 2nd. Sucks, but when something's retiring so soon it's understandable. Did build the Doctor Who set today, actually looks really great on display.

Oh totally I agree Ghostbuters Idea set arrived today as well, Wall-E tomorrow with some advent calendars. Gonna go shopping to track down a Doctor Who set on Sunday

Ponn

Banned
Ok, here we go! For your consideration, Scooby Doo and The Old Ones!

CyZ3VEP.jpg

It's cutting it close and I cheated a little bit to finish it by keeping some of the basic builds of various sets I used to make good ol' Cthullu. I know it has problems but i'm a little happy and proud I actually finished a moc for Halloween. I'm already getting neck spasms and hand cramps so I will pay for it this weekend but worth it to me.

"And if it weren't for those meddling kids I would have Ftaghn away with it too!"

And before anyone notices and says something yes I did add on a couple extra layers to that Lighthouse to make it a little taller.

And Haunted House because why not, who needs an excuse to post pics of the HH.

My grandiose scheme was to have Cthullu coming out of the water near a bridge (probably tower bridge) kinda destroying it a little as he made his way to the shore and the Lighthouse. I wanted to put the lighthouse more on a cliff leading down to a shore build and maybe even had a ghost ship coming in as well. I may not get to any of that in time for Halloween but I got the centerpiece done. Maybe I will keep him together and try to put it all together for next year.

Linkified

So UK GAF, so just checked on a Lego order I never received the ship email, however it looks like Yodel only delivered one package when there should of been 2. Both tracking items show they have been signed for

Has anyone had issues with Yodel and how does Lego handle these issues?

willp2003

So UK GAF, so just checked on a Lego order I never received the ship email, however it looks like Yodel only delivered one package when there should of been 2. Both tracking items show they have been signed for

Has anyone had issues with Yodel and how does Lego handle these issues?

Give it a few days, sometimes they ship orders in two parts, even though they are on the same order. If it doesn't turn up, then email them, and they will sort it out.
Just ordered detectives office. That's 3 modulars in 2 weeks. I blame all of you!
(Double points though!)
Yodel are the worst company though, I wish they would use dpd instead

I know I could find this answer on my own with some googling but my vision is all messed up right now and I'm guessing someone here will know off their head.

Is there a difference between the 2007-2012 Dark Stone Grey and the 2012 DSG, or why is this helmet listed twice under the same color name?

Ryuuroden

Here are more photos of the new Lego Cave. It's not fully set up yet but its far enough that I felt good taking some pictures to share.

New Lego Room 01 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 02 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 03 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 05 by Brendan M, on Flickr

..... uh oh, I just revealed a picture of the super ultra secret prototype engine for my dieselpunk airship. Thats just one of 8 to 10 planned engines and one of the others is about 2x that size. >.> Yeah, the project is insane. I do believe I will have to build in a steel rod frame inside of the main airframe due to the weight but I will not glue or anything.

New Lego Room 06 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 09 by Brendan M, on Flickr

Yeah, I had the same plans as wetwired.

New Lego Room 10 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 11 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 12 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 15 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 16 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 20 by Brendan M, on Flickr

That's the table Orthanc goes on when at conventions. I have it set up so I can start the next phase of building on it. Yep that's right, I am doing the forges of isengard and desolation and ent attack. All the scenes that happened at Orthanc from the entire trilogy will be on display the way I have it planned.

New Lego Room 21 by Brendan M, on Flickr

How I organize my instructions. Any sets I have duplicates of, the duplicate instructions go in a shoe box. I just keep 1 set in files.

New Lego Room 23 by Brendan M, on Flickr

My slide out drawers with small plates and cheese slopes and round plates and tiles 1x4 and under. Some of it is massive bulk and is in the plastic shoebox containers instead since for instance I have 1000's of DBG 2x2 tiles.

More photos are on my flickr page.

ghostmind

Amazing room Ryuuroden!

I am going to take inspiration from it for my own LEGO basement, and finally get the ball rolling on this project!

I spotted Disney CMFs several days ago at a Walmart. Spotted a few remaining ones at a Target today.

Checked my smartphone and stupid link to Minifigures doesn't work for LEGO S@H on smartphones. Largest toy company in the world can't afford decent programmers? Or testers?

Anyway, S@H has Disney CMFs on sale again. From such a long gap, this batch has to be from another production run they squeezed in.

I recall people from other countries stated the Disney CMFs no longer showed up on S@H for their region. Anyone outside of U.S. seeing Disney CMFs available at LEGO S@H

26093356162_d4ec4f20c0_n.jpg

Ryu: Man, that is some serious Vittsjo shelving you got going on there ;)

I was considering getting a second one for my SW displays but you knocked it out of the park there... is that 3 or 4 of them in a row?

Also: I have no words for that new project of yours 8) ... that engine there alone would probably take me a year to make LOL

Linkified

Give it a few days, sometimes they ship orders in two parts, even though they are on the same order. If it doesn't turn up, then email them, and they will sort it out.
Just ordered detectives office. That's 3 modulars in 2 weeks. I blame all of you!
(Double points though!)

On yodels own site it states that I have received the goods via tracking code on Legos website. I'm genuinely concerned as they will try to pass the buck

valkyre

Guys have you ever noticed for some parts of the same color, from original Lego sets directly out of the box, to have different color tone? Sometimes its very subtle difference, but some other times it is not and it looks as the color tone used is quite different (looks as if it is discolored from exposure to sunlight).

I had this happen as well on my Slave I set. 2 of the sand green slopes 2 x 2 curved with no studs appear as though they are discolored. Also a couple of 1x2 dark red brick slopes appeared very differen (more dark) tone compared to the remaining dark red parts in the set. This is right out of the box.

So, have you ever encountered something similar? I have a lot of Lego sets and I havent noticed something like that to this extend like i did on Slave I. I substituted those different colored parts with others that I had (except for the sand green slopes which are not easy to come by) but it still makes me wonder about Lego quality control.

I almost can't believe I'm typing this, but Yodel aren't that bad these days. Their tracking and customer service are way better than they used to be and they actually try and deliver stuff when they say they will.

I'm not sure if they're really okay now or whether Hermes are just so bad that Yodel seem amazing in comparison, but yeah.

wetwired

Jebus, that's a lego room to live in.

Went to a halloween parade today and knowing there was going to be a Batmobile there I had to get this photo

IMG_20161029_172153.jpg

Jebus, that's a lego room to live in.

Went to a halloween parade today and knowing there was going to be a Batmobile there I had to get this photo

IMG_20161029_172153.jpg

Super slick...

For a second there i thought that was Michael Keaton in the background.

Remind me again, where is that Batmobile from? You made it, right?

suaveric

I'm thinking about starting to collect the Winter/Chirstmas Lego sets. I know that they usually bring one out every year and then retire it immediately. This years set is Winter Toy Shop, right? What about that Holiday Train, is that going to stick around for a few years or is that also a one and done? Thanks.

I'm thinking about starting to collect the Winter/Chirstmas Lego sets. I know that they usually bring one out every year and then retire it immediately. This years set is Winter Toy Shop, right? What about that Holiday Train, is that going to stick around for a few years or is that also a one and done? Thanks.

This year's set is the train, it was the Toy Shop last year. They don't retire them immediately, you'll have a few Christmasses to pick them up if you want them, but if you're only buying one you might be better off getting Santa's Workshop as that's the oldest one available at the moment.

I got the free 24-in-1 Christmas set today, very weird little set (you can't build them all together so really it's just a Creator box, kind of) but the box and presentation is really lovely. Like an Ideas box.

Ryuuroden

Here are more photos of the new Lego Cave. It's not fully set up yet but its far enough that I felt good taking some pictures to share.

New Lego Room 01 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 02 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 03 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 05 by Brendan M, on Flickr

..... uh oh, I just revealed a picture of the super ultra secret prototype engine for my dieselpunk airship. Thats just one of 8 to 10 planned engines and one of the others is about 2x that size. >.> Yeah, the project is insane. I do believe I will have to build in a steel rod frame inside of the main airframe due to the weight but I will not glue or anything.

New Lego Room 06 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 09 by Brendan M, on Flickr

Yeah, I had the same plans as wetwired.

New Lego Room 10 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 11 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 12 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 15 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 16 by Brendan M, on Flickr

New Lego Room 20 by Brendan M, on Flickr

That's the table Orthanc goes on when at conventions. I have it set up so I can start the next phase of building on it. Yep that's right, I am doing the forges of isengard and desolation and ent attack. All the scenes that happened at Orthanc from the entire trilogy will be on display the way I have it planned.

New Lego Room 21 by Brendan M, on Flickr

How I organize my instructions. Any sets I have duplicates of, the duplicate instructions go in a shoe box. I just keep 1 set in files.

New Lego Room 23 by Brendan M, on Flickr

My slide out drawers with small plates and cheese slopes and round plates and tiles 1x4 and under. Some of it is massive bulk and is in the plastic shoebox containers instead since for instance I have 1000's of DBG 2x2 tiles.

More photos are on my flickr page.

Just wanted to bring it over to new page

Amazing room Ryuuroden!

I am going to take inspiration from it for my own LEGO basement, and finally get the ball rolling on this project!

Doooo it. If you have the basement for it, its awesome.

Oh when will the nutcracker be available?

Ryu: Man, that is some serious Vittsjo shelving you got going on there ;)

I was considering getting a second one for my SW displays but you knocked it out of the park there... is that 3 or 4 of them in a row?

Also: I have no words for that new project of yours 8) ... that engine there alone would probably take me a year to make LOL

Yeah that is like 4 of them in a row. I have like 9 so far. I plan on getting like 4 more to finish the wall.

Osahi

Damn. Missed the delivery guy with my Resistance Troop Transport. Usually they just ring at the neighbours, but not today. Hope they are back on monday.

TheFuzz

Damn.

I just finished the new AT-ST. As a build, and as a finished display piece, this is one of my favorites. Looks so good and the build was nice and involved.

As the second set out of my SW dark ages, it was impressive. I almost bought the Resistance X-Wing, but seeing all the love for the Troop Transport has me torn.

Thoughts on what to get next?

Damn.

I just finished the new AT-ST. As a build, and as a finished display piece, this is one of my favorites. Looks so good and the build was nice and involved.

As the second set out of my SW dark ages, it was impressive. I almost bought the Resistance X-Wing, but seeing all the love for the Troop Transport has me torn.

Shuttle Tydirium is SOOOOO good if you can find it. I also LOVED the First Order TIE Fighter.

Haven't pulled the trigger on the Troop Transport yet myself, but the U-Wing may replace it on my shopping list..

Ryuuroden

Shuttle Tydirium is SOOOOO good if you can find it. I also LOVED the First Order TIE Fighter.

Haven't pulled the trigger on the Troop Transport yet myself, but the U-Wing may replace it on my shopping list..

I think the first thing I start when I start building again is all the Star Wars backlog I have. Right now, I am still doing some organizing, moving some stuff from drawers to half shoe boxes or full size shoe boxes.

Damn.

Been seeing so much love for AT-ST, I am getting tempted. Not enough though that I won't wait for 20% off or more.

Interesting weapon build using a roller skate part.

Plum

Bought the VW Beetle today. Man this build is even more fun than the Camper Van build was. I've only just finished the first set of bags but the way the shape is coming together is amazing. Can't wait to get the Mini Cooper around Christmas.

TheFuzz

Been seeing so much love for AT-ST, I am getting tempted. Not enough though that I won't wait for 20% off or more.

Interesting weapon build using a roller skate part.

Are you in the US? It's been 20% off since release practically, I got it for $33 off Amazon.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can anyone give me feedback on this model I've been working on? It's supposed to be the G6155 Interceptor from Spy Hunter PS2. It's built on a similar frame to the Speed Champions line, but I don't think it's quite right.

For reference, the actual one from the game:
Looks great, I would only choose other wheels, when avaiable

Can anyone give me feedback on this model I've been working on? It's supposed to be the G6155 Interceptor from Spy Hunter PS2. It's built on a similar frame to the Speed Champions line, but I don't think it's quite right.

The nose looks a tad too muscular, almost like a Shelby 500.. The model you show looks a lot sleeker at the nose. The same kind of goes for the tail as well. But otherwise, it's immediately recognizable.

Linkified

Went into the Lego shop in Newcastle today held Doctor Who set in my hand then set it back down. I think I may just go for certain Ideas sets, modulars and and anything Disney.

Talking of Disney has there been any theories to do with any more Disney Parks Lego sets on the horizon

Speaking of Disney, i just ordered Arendelle Castle off amazon.it for like 50% off!!!

Sure, i have no clue what to do with it, but it does have a bunch of pretty unique pieces, also that price is just too good to pass up.

fake edit: actually you have to pay shipping there unless you live in Italy i imagine, so it's not quite as great, still a very very good price.

That's great! Maybe use the cheese slopes above the grille as the headlights rather than the ones to the sides? Also see if you can add that black detail to the plates under the doors.

TheFuzz

A bit suspicious, the boxer batman and the prison joker have already been revealed in sets (batcave and arkham) and the pics are all taken from different angles, some at an angle, some facing forwards.

I think Excalibur Batman is a Dimensions set, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom