• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

TUSR has managed to make an OP that embodies anime in its entirety while still containing all the important informations.
It's frankly brilliant.

Sölf

Mike, if you could gift me the ~2000$ I would probably join you. :p

Well, maybe in a few years, when I actually have a stable income and stuff.

phaze

I thought I posted a lot but I'm not even in top 24. I'll never be in top 5 at this rate, you dweebs have too much free time.

Called it!

Also....there's a NEW TIGER MASK??? WHAT IS HAPPENIN'!

It's the latest, nostalgia based, life extinguishing trap from Toei.

But that's Ping Pong.

People magically powering up, because they suddenly resolved their life issues, during the ping pong matches of all things, isn't realistic at all. ;p

I thought I posted a lot but I'm not even in top 24. I'll never be in top 5 at this rate, you dweebs have too much free time.

People magically powering up, because they suddenly resolved their life issues during the ping pong matches of all things, isn't realistic at all. ;p

Someone didn't watch the recent Olympics

Clov

Aniplex of America has March Comes In Like a Lion and Occultic;Nine. It seems like those and the new Working are going to be thier titles this season.

Holy hell AoT dynamic city swinging sequences were animated in 3D, printed off and then the character art was drawn on top of them? No wonder they burn through artists like they're going out of fashion, I can see why Aya Suzuki just flat refuses offers of work from studios that are still producing on paper. Thanks for the link it's both sad and fascinating at the same time, I guess everyone involved is too damn scared of both the up-front capital cost and the reduced productivity that comes from bedding down a new production process despite the huge long term gains it offers.

I don't know if you saw this when I posted it in the last OT, but this article is a good alternative perspective of a team of animators at OLM who are working to integrate digital animation tools into their production pipeline. It may interest you in particular since it does go into some technical details.

Wanderer5

Alright it almost here, but first the end of summer season...

Thunderbolt Fantasy #13 END

Woooooow lol.
That quite a collection he has.

Man what a wonderful show this has been, and I sure as hell can't wait for more to happen.

And now for 91 Days to come.

Deadly

Thunderbolt Fantasy 13
Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Who would have thought these 2 were so fucking OP? The first fight was amaaaaaaazing but the 2nd one was a tad underwhelming. SEASON 2 WHEN?

Narag

It was nice to see Thunderbolt Fantasy remain consistently good throughout. That's a treat in of itself when a show doesn't stumble.

TheRancor

As far as scanning goes, yeah Sunrise definitely still does. There are some animators who work entirely digitally now, but it's still a huge hurdle for the industry at large. Really wasteful though, especially considering how there's increasingly more digital work required in the composition of entire scenes these days.

If you haven't read this before you'll have a read kick out of reading what Aya Suzuki has to say about the sad state of the Japanese animation industry in terms of not embracing digital pipelines fast enough: http://www.anigamers.com/interviews/animator-aya-suzuki-anime-industry-animenext-2015

This was just last year! Ughhh!
Of course there's the whole argument of clearly analog images (brush strokes/paint on glass/obvious pencil lines) paired digital pipelines. There are definitely a ton of options digital drawing provides for sure and is the way to producing a much more efficient workflow. Most anime attempts to look like the clean model sheets anyways, so it probably wouldn't matter if it was analog or not for those cuts.

On the other hand, I'd definitely miss some of the line texture easily achieved with pencil and paper. No doubt current digital software can emulate it to an extent. Hopefully they can still co-exist in the future.

Still, I feel like highlighting some recent examples of pencil lines or digital attempts of emulating it cause why not lol. Information cribbed from here https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/781461583125942272

Take a look at the upcoming Tiger Mask W, the episodes themselves with the cleaner albeit still scanned drawings will be using software to emulate the rough lines of the original.
uVtE5Bz.jpg

But the ED by Umakoshi is doing the rough lines for real with pencil and it seems to be shaping up pretty cool at least. Hopefully it will still come through after it's in-betweened.

-------------------

Then there are also projects like The Tale of Princess Kaguya where drawings are specifically done on paper and magnified. The style by Osamu Tanabe was to draw everything small and enlarge it, which created lines where the grains were visible, producing very obvious pencil lines in the final result. Would be a pain in the ass for digital artists for sure.
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14090/animated-character_acting-fabric-genga-norio_matsu
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14091/animated-dancing-genga-shinji_hashimoto-the_tale_o

I'm just rambling at this point but whatever lol.

Ascheroth

Fucking amazing. Shang is ridiculous.
I lost my shit at how the final confrontation between Bones of Creation and the Enigmatic Gale played out. So goood.
Tield everything up pretty neatly (except
what happened to the Nights Lament afterwards, did I miss something or should I just assume that's she went back to her forest?
), while still opening up a lot of room for the sequel. I like.

blurr

Hi, I'm new to anime which anime should I watch beside 3lion, Flip Flappers and Brave Witches?

Boku no Pico

Seriously though, The Great Passage has my intrigue aside form 3Lion out of the new ones that will air.

Then there are also projects like The Tale of Princess Kaguya where drawings are specifically done on paper and magnified. The style by Osamu Tanabe was to draw everything small and enlarge it, which created lines where the grains were visible, producing very obvious pencil lines in the final result. Would be a pain in the ass for digital artists for sure.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14090/animated-character_acting-fabric-genga-norio_matsu
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14091/animated-dancing-genga-shinji_hashimoto-the_tale_o

I'm just rambling at this point but whatever lol.

That[re:image] was my favorite scene in the entire movie and one of the more powerful moments I've seen in animation in general.

Chase17

Pokémon Generations 04

Dragonite was fun and it was cool to see Ethan.

Something was really bugging me about this episode though and I can't put my finger on it. Might be the animation.

Wanderer5

Fucking amazing. Shang is ridiculous.
I lost my shit at how the final confrontation between Bones of Creation and the Enigmatic Gale played out. So goood.
Tield everything up pretty neatly (except
what happened to the Nights Lament afterwards, did I miss something or should I just assume that's she went back to her forest?
), while still opening up a lot of room for the sequel. I like.

Seems to me that
she had gotten killed by the destruction of the mountain.

Qurupeke

Wait Luke Cage is up? lol fuck anime

Time for more Marvel series goodness.

Marvel TV is worse than anime. I wasted so much time watching Agents of Shit and BoreDevil, which I could have spent watching something actually good. :( At least the Netflix series are better than the mess the DC TV series have become.

Marvel TV is worse than anime. I wasted so much time watching Agents of Shit and BoreDevil, which I could have spent watching something actually good. :( At least the Netflix series are better than the mess the DC TV series have become.
Is your goal in AnimeGAF to be the opposite version of me?

Yes Agents of Shield does suck though.

Diamond is Unbreakable 27

I've always liked this arc because the idea of an "Alien" in JoJo really isn't that out there, and the first thing Josuke thinks to do when he learns his abilities is to be an asshole and cheat Rohan out of money. Also never really noticed but he looks like a Kai from Dragon Ball.

Pretty weird place to end the episode but FUCK I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT TWO EPISODES. Highway Star is one of my all time favorite fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom