• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat Invitational - Now with more DOTA!

Wthermans

Banned
I loved MNC. Got to lvl 99 on PC and put ~150 hours into it. Been in the Invitational since October and I'm not a fan of the changes so far. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall for much of the game and fighting NPCs to get anywhere in the game just feels like a chore much of the time due to the low lethality of the weapons against bots in low levels. Plus the level advantage is maddening at times. Kinda bummed that Uber dropped support for MNC in favor of SMNC, but they wanted to go the MOBA/Shooter route and it'll be a hit for those gamers.

Atomski

Not sure if you can build or upgrade turrets anymore? I tried to but only found purchase options for more robots/jump pads hmm.

Already a lil bummed at that + the lowered damage.

My favorite part of the original was laying waste to their turrets. With the upgraded grenade launcher of the gunner I could take a few down before people would come onto me. Was like a giant stealth tank on the fringes of the enemy base at all times lol.
I believe once they are gone they are gone, like most moba games. Personally they almost felt worthless in the first game . People starting getting better they would just ubercharge and destroy all of them in. It would feel like a complete waste spending all you cash upgrading them.

I have only played a little of this beta and am not sure how I feel. I do like how its more team oriented now, less solo domination. But not sure how long it will hold my interest. Soon as I can get some friends playing I may enjoy it more.

i never got to play the original game. i would like to give this a go if anyone has an extra invite!
Exactly what he said... when the original came out ny computer couldn't fry an egg, now it owns the chickens which lays the eggs!

I'd love a key :)

Also, I see that weapon damage is being complained about... are they that weak? Also, I didn't see this in the OT but is there somewhere that goes into detail of the differences between the f2p and paid?

Exactly what he said... when the original came out ny computer couldn't fry an egg, now it owns the chickens which lays the eggs!

I'd love a key :)

Also, I see that weapon damage is being complained about... are they that weak? Also, I didn't see this in the OT but is there somewhere that goes into detail of the differences between the f2p and paid?

i also recently got (what i think) is a great gaming laptop (Asus G74SX) so i can play any game i want now with decent settings. it's great not running games in wireframe mode, lol

Yay, good to see an OT - should be a good game.

Erm, I got an out of the blue email telling me about the invitational, and then it says (and I quote):

"Uber Entertainment would like to wish you Happy Holidays with some bonus Uber Points for your account. Next time you log in to Super MNC Invitational you will be credited with the bonus points.

A big thanks to our fans that have helped shape the direction of Super MNC. It has changed a great deal over the last 15 weeks and we'll continue to update it regularly in 2012.

As a reminder, your Super MNC Invitational key code is "

And then stops, no code or anything, just links me to a page on Steam with tips on how to redeem keys.

Anilusion

I would love an invite!

hxQJf.jpg

I loved MNC. Got to lvl 99 on PC and put ~150 hours into it. Been in the Invitational since October and I'm not a fan of the changes so far. I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall for much of the game and fighting NPCs to get anywhere in the game just feels like a chore much of the time due to the low lethality of the weapons against bots in low levels. Plus the level advantage is maddening at times. Kinda bummed that Uber dropped support for MNC in favor of SMNC, but they wanted to go the MOBA/Shooter route and it'll be a hit for those gamers.

That sounds a bit upsetting to me, I also sort of dislike the new character designs in super.

Syril

So they pretty much made it DOTA as a shooter now? The original MNC never really grabbed me, but at least it was trying to do its own thing.

I've played nearly 40 hours of the beta now. I like it more than the regular MNC but I think it might just be because I prefer the new pros.

The trick is to play the game like a moba instead of a shooter and it all sort of clicks. You have to be way more patient and much less bloodthirsty than in most games.

I've played nearly 40 hours of the beta now. I like it more than the regular MNC but I think it might just be because I prefer the new pros.

The trick is to play the game like a moba instead of a shooter and it all sort of clicks. You have to be way more patient and much less bloodthirsty than in most games.

Does the game still revolve around a train of bots attacking the enemy base? I love that about the first game and still do.

JesseZao

MNC was a blast on XBLA for the first month when I played it. That DLC took too long to come out.

Hopefully the community on PC sticks around/grows for Super.

Edit: Would love an invite! :)

Wthermans

Banned
Does the game still revolve around a train of bots attacking the enemy base? I love that about the first game and still do.

It does. Killing bots is even more important in this game than MNC. In MNC you just needed bots to get down the moneyball. You could still kill turrets without ever touching an enemy bot. In this, all turrets have a shield (kinda like the moneyball in MNC) that has to be destroyed by the bots before you can kill it. Killing bots also gives you money and money gives you experience which is key to leveling quickly so you don't have a disadvantage against your opponent. Whoever kills the most bots and stays alive while doing so the longest will always be the highest leveled player of the game. If you're facing someone with a 2+ level difference, one of you will not stand a chance against the other.

Also, bots do a lot more damage and can take a lot more as well. If you get an early wave of Fujibots and Shadybots (basically upgraded Slims and Bouncers), you're going to need a team effort to destroy the wave or you'll need your own bots to soak up some damage while you whittle away the enemy Fujibot's health.

Yay, good to see an OT - should be a good game.

Erm, I got an out of the blue email telling me about the invitational, and then it says (and I quote):

"Uber Entertainment would like to wish you Happy Holidays with some bonus Uber Points for your account. Next time you log in to Super MNC Invitational you will be credited with the bonus points.

A big thanks to our fans that have helped shape the direction of Super MNC. It has changed a great deal over the last 15 weeks and we'll continue to update it regularly in 2012.

As a reminder, your Super MNC Invitational key code is "

And then stops, no code or anything, just links me to a page on Steam with tips on how to redeem keys.

That's a separate email from the invite. Sounds like you've previously been invited and that email is informing you about the free 600 Uber Points the devs gave everyone to test out the item store. If you can't find the first email with your Steam Key, you may need to contact Erknaut over on Uber's forums about getting another key.

AEREC

I forgot I signed up for this and started combing through an email account I never checked...it looks like a got an invite on Dec 24...but it's missing the code and this is pretty much what it says:

Uber Entertainment would like to wish you Happy Holidays with some bonus Uber Points for your account. Next time you log in to Super MNC Invitational you will be credited with the bonus points.

As a reminder, your Super MNC Invitational key code is . For instructions on activating the product key in Steam, click here.

Cheers,
Uber Entertainment

Did I wait too long or something?

Sanic

I forgot I signed up for this and started combing through an email account I never checked...it looks like a got an invite on Dec 24...but it's missing the code and this is pretty much what it says:

Did I wait too long or something?

Everyone who was in the beta up to that point got that email. You should have gotten a separate email earlier if you received an invite. My guess would be that you never actually go into the beta, and were sent that email by accident simply because you had signed up for it.

AEREC

Everyone who was in the beta up to that point got that email. You should have gotten a separate email earlier if you received an invite. My guess would be that you never actually go into the beta, and were sent that email by accident simply because you had signed up for it.

I signed up for the Beta the first day it was announced (Nov?)...I also went through my email account and thats the only email I got from Uberent.

If thats the case, does anyone have an extra key? Id be willing to trade a steam game for it..Ive got:

Serious Same HD the first encounter
Serious Sam HD the second encounter
Dirt 2
Mafia 1
Killing Floor
Portal
Day of Defeat source
Storm: Frontline Nation

Keasar

Wow, so many classes? I thought it would only be like 3-4 new ones. Now I got a little more hyped to play this.

Also if a invite would be available, I would really much want one too please. :)
Found on SteamID Keasar.

I signed up for the Beta the first day it was announced (Nov?)...I also went through my email account and thats the only email I got from Uberent.

If thats the case, does anyone have an extra key? Id be willing to trade a steam game for it..Ive got:

Serious Same HD the first encounter
Serious Sam HD the second encounter
Dirt 2
Mafia 1
Killing Floor
Portal
Day of Defeat source
Storm: Frontline Nation

Joined as well... hopefully I can get an invite soon.

PM'ed.

Top Bottom