• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Monday Night Combat Invitational - Now with more DOTA!

Atomski

Had a couple good matches today. Think I may actually get into this game. Lot different than the first one but it seems like a great team game.

Atomski

Posted on their boards. It seems stupid to me.. Im guessing it has something to do with balancing but Im pretty sure 2 people queing together would be pretty common.

zulfate

Posted on their boards. It seems stupid to me.. Im guessing it has something to do with balancing but Im pretty sure 2 people queing together would be pretty common.

ill reply to your post to make a scene lol

add me on steam my name is zulfate, that goes for anyone go ahead and add me

Atomski

First reply explained it.

It was apparently causing teams to be imbalanced due to the low player population. It's probably the most frequently requested feature at this point. With the recent population increase it seems likely that they will turn it back on soon

Hopefully they fix it soon. :/

jet1911

Well... played my first game and I had absolutely no idea what the fuck was going on around me lol. We won and I had fun but yeah... no idea what I was supposed to do except shooting people in the face.

zulfate

Well... played my first game and I had absolutely no idea what the fuck was going on around me lol. We won and I had fun but yeah... no idea what I was supposed to do except shooting people in the face.

for a beginner i would say follow the lanes were the bots are coming from, shoot the enemy's bots so that yours rapes their base, when the annihilator goes up get your ass up there and defend it....oh and never die!!!! do your best to not die lol. always try to stick with your team and try to follow what they are doing for example: if they are slowly pushing go with them, i dont know what i am saying i am drunk.

DarkKyo

Oh man I am dying for an invite to this. If someone has an extra one please consider sending it my way... thank you!!

"What's the difference between invitational and a beta?

It means it's pretty much a beta, except everything unlocked or paid for is permanent."

Does this mean my Level/Credits/Unlocks from Invitational carry through to when they make it public?

Joined the Steam group, but I may have to wait a week to play due to my new laptop's charger having issues.

Why they can't just replace it, I don't know.

Mikeside

I signed up as soon as I heard but I still don't have an invite :(

why do you hate me, Uber?

edit: looks like people have been given extras?
If anyone has one - I'd be incredibly grateful to get hold of one :)

jet1911

for a beginner i would say follow the lanes were the bots are coming from, shoot the enemy's bots so that yours rapes their base, when the annihilator goes up get your ass up there and defend it....oh and never die!!!! do your best to not die lol. always try to stick with your team and try to follow what they are doing for example: if they are slowly pushing go with them, i dont know what i am saying i am drunk.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. :p

alstein

Way to shit all over your original fanbase!

/bitter.

I feel like this was the direction they originally wanted, but I preferred the more arcadey/TF2-ish style.

DOTA may be better for a F2P model though.

Guess I'll be waiting for War of the Roses then.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
If anyone has an extra invite, I'll trade psychonauts or bunch of heroes for it.

Played a bunch of games and man o man there is SO much carnage at times! I've been running as the gunner to switch it up from Combat Girl and been tearing it up.

Repgnar

If anyone has an extra steam key I could trade a dota 2 beta key for it, i'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Gone to Nabs, thanks for the trade.

TheExodu5

Banned
Got a code from a gaffer this weekend. I'll give it a shot tonight. I'm looking forward to it because I really didn't care for the original...I found it very standard fare as far as multiplayer FPS goes, and I felt the DOTA elements didn't really come in to play enough.

The game has changed a lot, and I think I like it much better this way. It's not necessarily disappointing.

It has changed into a completely different game, which wasn't something I expected. I played a lot of the original on both PC and 360 and was looking forward to more of the same but you don't get anything like that. It's definitely leaning into the idea of a MOBA than the previous game, so I guess that's my issue, never really clicked with that type of game.

DarkKyo

It has changed into a completely different game, which wasn't something I expected. I played a lot of the original on both PC and 360 and was looking forward to more of the same but you don't get anything like that. It's definitely leaning into the idea of a MOBA than the previous game, so I guess that's my issue, never really clicked with that type of game.

I like how you have to invest more into each match than the first MNC. Lots of leveling up, lots of battling robots, and more attributes to upgrade. The new range of characters is really exciting too. My problem with MNC was that while the combat was great, it didn't really feel like you were working towards much. Bring down the moneyball and that's it. SMNC has a heavier stakes feeling to the matches reflected in stats, agent level, earning credits, and overall longer and more intense matches.

I like how you have to invest more into each match than the first MNC. Lots of leveling up, lots of battling robots, and more attributes to upgrade. The new range of characters is really exciting too. My problem with MNC was that while the combat was great, it didn't really feel like you were working towards much. Bring down the moneyball and that's it. SMNC has a heavier stakes feeling to the matches reflected in stats, agent level, earning credits, and overall longer and more intense matches.

For me that's not something I really cared about, you got contained matches that weren't complex, it was a simply pick up a play but I understand that people like that stuff and I do too, just not in every game. I will probably give it another shot sometime once it has moved further along.

Top Bottom