• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular fitness Youtuber quits due to 4chan shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

casabolg

Banned
ihigei8ki1.jpg

Every time

tafer

Boy, people generalizing the behavior of one the biggest and most influential communities of the internet is kinda funny.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Always entertaining to see people who don't know anything about 4chan aside from the sensationalist headlines weigh in on the site.
Even though I stopped going there a while back, it has some of the best communities and creative minds out there. /b/ sadly is not like the rest of 4chan though.

Quackula

most of the non-/b/ areas of 4chan are about on par with any other large, active online community. Only difference might be that anonymity makes trolling a little easier.

I don't go there anymore, but yeah, some of the boards are okay.

flippedb

Banned
Some /fit/zens are making torrent backups of Scooby's videos, in case he deletes them. They're really helpful and include tons of useful tips so it would be great if they were preserved for future generations.
Always entertaining to see people who don't know anything about 4chan aside from the sensationalist headlines weigh in on the site.
Even though I stopped going there a while back, it has some of the best communities and creative minds out there. /b/ sadly is not like the rest of 4chan though.

Even /b/ is not as shitty as people seem to think. Some people are pretty nice and actually helpful. Of course, not everyone is nice, and there are some truly fucked up people there, but no online community is exempt of that.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Shame for the dude. He seems a legit fella. I'm sure he'll land on his feet. I checked some of his stuff and I'm impressed. I may avail myself of his beautiful knowledge. His learn to run vid was pretty dope.

Velcro Fly

I remember they went after popular speedrunner/streamer CosmoWright. They got his number of his website that he used for professional stuff outside of gaming and kept harassing him. Pretty sure it happened on his streams a few times and also happened at AGDQ in January. Pretty sure he had to get a new number and everything. I'm just glad it didn't go beyond that (at least I don't think so).

For real this dude sounded like he was fighting back tears that entire video. I've never even heard of this dude until right now but my heart breaks. It's crap like this that sometimes makes me wish everything you did on the Internet was in some way linked to your real life so you couldn't bully and harass people and get away with it just because it happened online.

I thank all you loyal subscribers, I have always thought of you as family. If you have benefitted from my years of fitness advice, all I ask is that you pass it on. Take some young, awkward, kid with low self confidence and take them under your wing. Teach them about fitness, nutrition, and lifting. Teach them that fitness is a lifestyle, not a checkbox, and that the journey is just as important as the destination.

Fair play to him, going out on a message of hope.

I use to watch a lot of his videos, it really helped me out with many things from lifting to nutrition. As soon as I saw the thread title my first thought was "Please don't be Scooby, please don't be Scooby". Then I clicked and said "DAMN IT".

Even though I'm Asian part of me was really hoping it was Michael Chang instead lol.

most of the non-/b/ areas of 4chan are about on par with any other large, active online community. Only difference might be that anonymity makes trolling a little easier.

I don't go there anymore, but yeah, some of the boards are okay.

I think all the single letter boards are terrible (/b/, /v/, /a/ etc), but the rest are ok. There's people on /fit/ that are legit cool people, cooler than us dorks.

Pein

Banned
To generalize the opinion of it on 4chan:

-He was a public idol on /fit/ for a longest time, they all loved him
-Someone on /b/ found his information and proceeded to dox him
-/fit/ wanted this to end throughout
-People decided to call him, spread the word of where we lives
-He gets prank phone calls and even a person doing comments at him home
-He gets worried as the pranks get more serious and leaves
-/fit/ is so upset about it they are currently in disarray and many people left /fit/ altogether because of how disgusted about what /b/ has done to the man
-/fit/ is now looking for other role models as he's now in self-exile and Zyzz is dead

They loved the guy and generally did it because they could and some took it too seriously. That's how it usually works with 4chan.

seriously, I love /fit/ and people love scooby why do bad thing happen to things I love.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The neckbeards of 4chan couldn't kill a house fly. I'm surprised they still have the push to ruin any life on demand.

I wouldn't fuck with anonymous for sure.

Dont the basement dwellers of 4chan have anything better to do? They are so pathetic

Every troll on the internet posting on one site can only lead to some super villain shit.

If you ever want a place that can show you the most amazing things and then horrify you with the click of a finger then 4chan is your place

It is the birthplace of the Troll

Jburton

Banned
This unfortunate for those that used the resources this man made available for free and death threats etc are awful and can not be condoned.

/b in general is a hive of scum but it can also be funny as hell.

Just went to /b/ out of curiosity and there was a thread targeting animal abuse. Ended up having a poster that posted step by step pictures of how he poured gasoline on a live cat and burned it. Fuck that shit

Ammish

Banned
I don't get why /b/ exists honestly. If it leads to stuff like this then maybe it should be shut down.

/b/ is kept around to keep the shit in there. plus people would lose their shit. Moot (the creator) had backlash when he delete /new/ and /r9k/, so imagine the scale if /b/ is deleted. That person would be harassed everyday.

The thing about /b/ is it has this reputation for being dark and edgy and whatever, so it's the first place people think of when they read the word "4chan" and of course, for the curious, it's the first place they go.

/b/ sucks because it's full of kids, really. There are the fringe guys who know how to ddos and all that, they pull the stunts but the majority are early teens who get off on "epic meemz".

when people graduate from /b/, i.e, realise how shit it is, their next port of call 9 times out of 10 is /v/, which is why that board is such a mess, and has been for years.

/sp/, /fit/, /co/ are all full of great people, and even when they get mad or troll each other, it's fairly genial. /sp/ in particular is a great place to go even for non-sport things like the Eurovision Song Contest, did that last year, was hilarious.

Heysoos

As usual someone on the internet takes it too far. Seems like a genuinely a nice guy, and I liked his message.

Also those comics are fucking amazing.

Jenga

Banned
Just went to /b/ out of curiosity and there was a thread targeting animal abuse. Ended up having a poster that posted step by step pictures of how he poured gasoline on a live cat and burned it. Fuck that shit

how many years has that copy paste been around? it's kinda funny to watch people on here comment on 4chan.

Roland1979

What a shame. Guy comes across as such a friendly guy. Will watch all his videos if I like the first few, which I think I will. And what did the guy do to "deserve" all this? He should definitely report these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom