• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

G-Fex
(05-16-2009, 08:16 PM)
Is Shane that dude who kissed Dyack's ass when he was talking about the Neogaf?
StuBurns
Banned
(05-16-2009, 08:19 PM)
StuBurns's Avatar

Originally Posted by G-Fex

Is Shane that dude who kissed Dyack's ass when he was talking about the Neogaf?

That's the one.

I fucking hate Denis Dyack.

Sorry, any excuse.
G-Fex
(05-16-2009, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by stuburns

That's the one.

I fucking hate Denis Dyack.

Sorry, any excuse.

It's ok i'm the same way.Don't like Dyack either. I hate that dude (not Dyack but shane) and the dudes from Bombcast the one with the deep voice which I assume is a fat guy and the one with the little goblin voice who's the main guy I guess.
LCfiner
Member
(05-16-2009, 08:27 PM)
LCfiner's Avatar

Originally Posted by G-Fex

It's ok i'm the same way.Don't like Dyack either. I hate that dude (not Dyack but shane) and the dudes from Bombcast the one with the deep voice which I assume is a fat guy and the one with the little goblin voice who's the main guy I guess.


well, that came out of nowhere.
drakesfortune
Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
(05-16-2009, 08:33 PM)
drakesfortune's Avatar
I don't care what all the haters say, I really liked Shane a lot on 1upYours. I think the show is much worse off without him, and I think even when he was on last week it wasn't that great because he was somewhat restrained. Love him or hate him, Shane's dynamic with everyone else on that show was the best part of the show.
-PXG-
Banned
(05-16-2009, 08:39 PM)
-PXG-'s Avatar
I'm so, so, sooooo fucking confused right now. I'm out...
Barrett2
Member
(05-16-2009, 08:49 PM)
Barrett2's Avatar

Originally Posted by -PXG-

I'm so, so, sooooo fucking confused right now. I'm out...

Shiggie
Member
(05-16-2009, 08:55 PM)
Shiggie's Avatar
my contribution
[IMG]http://i41.************/oqzojm.jpg[/IMG]
MotherFan
Member
(05-16-2009, 09:07 PM)
MotherFan's Avatar

Originally Posted by SonOfABeep

The answer lies in his devotion to Sony and this forum's general hard-on for anything the Playstation brand produces, quality or not.

I said it!


Sounds about right. I think it is more just Sony fanboys who feel this way.
StuBurns
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:10 PM)
StuBurns's Avatar
I listened back to the old 1UP Yours's after having an argument on here about Shane's fanboyish. And honestly, I disagree. It just seemed like he was trying to balance out the podcast. He made some ridiculous statements about Sony, but so did the others. Once most of the Sony hate stopped, so did he.
layzie1989
Member
(05-16-2009, 09:10 PM)
layzie1989's Avatar
ever since the 1up thing i've really stopped caring about games, stopped listening to all gaming podcasts, and even stopped going to gaming gaf
thetrin
Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
(05-16-2009, 09:14 PM)
thetrin's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSwords

This thread is equal parts flattering and scary, but don't worry...it's NeoGaf, dude. I'm used to it.

I'm hoping to squeeze a ton of podcast appearances into E3 week, and friends and haters alike can enjoy me making a fool of myself on X-play next week.

So wait...you're not dead?

Originally Posted by layzie1989

ever since the 1up thing i've really stopped caring about games, stopped listening to all gaming podcasts, and even stopped going to gaming gaf

How did you find this thread then?
Christopher
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:17 PM)
Christopher's Avatar
I disagree I never even watched this one up show and still sorta kind of enjoy gaming still
Epcott
Member
(05-16-2009, 09:23 PM)
Epcott's Avatar
I've stopped going to 1up, and that's about all

Nothing will pry gaming from my cold dead hands...
not even a cold dead Shane.
Dirtbag
what would Breesus do?
(05-16-2009, 09:31 PM)
Dirtbag's Avatar

Originally Posted by lawblob

among nerds
MANGOD
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:37 PM)
MANGOD's Avatar
Only on GAF
Zombie James
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:39 PM)
Zombie James's Avatar
All of 1up really hasn't been the same since The Great Purge. The MANGOD was smart, however, he planned his escape beforehand and came away unscathed. Legend has it that one day The MANGOD will return, and delicious apples will fall from the sky to mark the great occasion. Yet others say The MANGOD never truly went away... he lives in all of us.

But fear not... look, The MANGOD sits at the right hand of Luke:

Click
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by _leech_

But fear not... look, The MANGOD sits at the right hand of Luke:

Au contraire.
Luke sits on the left of Shane!
traynuvthawt
Banned
(05-16-2009, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by _leech_


Oh man, that picture. So much greatness in the photo above this text. I find it quite inspiring, really. I'm telling you guys, this picture is special. It can cure teen pregnancy!
seat
Member
(05-16-2009, 09:56 PM)
seat's Avatar
Shane embodies the way I feel about gaming journalism as a whole: annoying and mostly unnecessary.
squicken
our defensive line is somewhat competent!
(05-16-2009, 09:59 PM)
squicken's Avatar
[IMG]http://i39.************/2rfeqfq.jpg[/IMG]


There really wasn't a Shane without a Luke. Or without Davison classing up the joint. Or Cooter (not pictured) keeping it going.
T.M. MacReady
NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
(05-16-2009, 10:01 PM)
T.M. MacReady's Avatar
Worst thread ever.

Loss of a voice on a podcast doesn't make me want to play games any less.

Worst thread ever.
J-Rzez
Member
(05-16-2009, 10:10 PM)
J-Rzez's Avatar
Garnett, Luke, Shane, John D together. That was when gaming podcasts were actually worth a damn. Take any of them away from each other, and their powers diminish. Now podcasts are just a phony, a great big fat phony. Now these guys on these podcasts are not doing them for the love of gaming. Instead, they do podcasts for all the side benefits of booze, drugs, fast cars, and chicks that come with that. :(
Threi
notag
(05-16-2009, 10:12 PM)
Threi's Avatar
seriously though what the fuck
Suburban Cowboy
(05-16-2009, 10:23 PM)

Originally Posted by G-Fex

It's ok i'm the same way.Don't like Dyack either. I hate that dude (not Dyack but shane) and the dudes from Bombcast the one with the deep voice which I assume is a fat guy and the one with the little goblin voice who's the main guy I guess.

The deep voice one is the skinniest guy
Suburban Cowboy
(05-16-2009, 10:26 PM)
[IMG]http://i39.************/2r3cksz.jpg[/IMG]
flintstryker
Banned
(05-16-2009, 10:28 PM)
flintstryker's Avatar
who?
Ricker
Member
(05-16-2009, 10:29 PM)
Ricker's Avatar
He was back last week for one show...I bought 200 games because of that during the week ;P
OldJadedGamer
Banned
(05-16-2009, 10:31 PM)
OldJadedGamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by squicken

[IMG]http://i39.************/2rfeqfq.jpg[/IMG]


There really wasn't a Shane without a Luke. Or without Davison classing up the joint. Or Cooter (not pictured) keeping it going.

Why is the passenger door open? I thought they were welded shut.
squicken
our defensive line is somewhat competent!
(05-16-2009, 10:34 PM)
squicken's Avatar

Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer

Why is the passenger door open? I thought they were welded shut.

When I found that picture, I figured no one else would even notice that. The doors also should be painted with a 01, but then no other pic I could find had such a nice Daisy
lethial
Member
(05-16-2009, 10:43 PM)
lethial's Avatar
lol, game journalists.
Broseybrose
Member
(05-16-2009, 10:46 PM)
Broseybrose's Avatar
CO-OP
A Life Well Wasted
Out of the Game
Rebel FM
Gamespy Debriefings (Now feat. Ryan "White-Women-Only" Scott)

you don't need shane and you never did. i agree that 1up died with the UGO thing, but if its podcasts you want, you gotta go where the action is.
EmCeeGramr
Member
(05-16-2009, 10:48 PM)
EmCeeGramr's Avatar
gaming instantly became good again the exact instant that shane died
PistolGrip
sex vacation in Guam
(05-16-2009, 11:13 PM)
PistolGrip's Avatar
I agree. Its just not the same. Something has definitely died... I no longer care for Fridays.

There is no one left with his passion for gaming in anymore... All we have left is a bunch of wannabe rookies who don't know jack shit about this industry.

Come back to us Shane... Sony give this man a podcast on your blog and pay him whatever he desires...
Gomu Gomu
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:16 PM)
Gomu Gomu's Avatar

Originally Posted by PistolGrip

There is no one left with his passion for gaming in anymore... All we have left is a bunch of wannabe rookies who don't know jack shit about this industry.

The fuck are you talking about?
daCuk
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:19 PM)
daCuk's Avatar
Not every GAFer is an EGM / 1up lover, you know...
Andvary
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:27 PM)
Andvary's Avatar
Shane likes games on all consoles, some people here just couldn't stand he was the only non xbot in 1up and EGM. :lol

There is no one left with his passion for gaming in anymore... All we have left is a bunch of wannabe rookies who don't know jack shit about this industry.

This is true, Shane knowledge is missed.
Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew
Banned
(05-16-2009, 11:54 PM)
Shao Kahn Brewing a Stew's Avatar
238 posts of nothing. I love pre-E3.
Zero Hero
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:55 PM)
Zero Hero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dirtbag

among nerds

[IMG]http://i44.************/oqknxg.jpg[/IMG]
neoism
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:56 PM)
neoism's Avatar
1up breakup was when I stop listening to podcasts.
6.8
Member
(05-16-2009, 11:57 PM)
6.8's Avatar
McBacon
SHOOTY McRAD DICK
(05-16-2009, 11:57 PM)
McBacon's Avatar
Shane Bettenhausen sees a karma meter whenever he kills.
EmCeeGramr
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:00 AM)
EmCeeGramr's Avatar
one time i was playing a game and i paused it and then i saw something about shane bettenhausen on gaf and then i didn't want to play the game anymore because it was ruined

now i don't have to worry about that
Jive Turkey
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:05 AM)
Jive Turkey's Avatar
I'll never understand GAF's hard-on for this guy.
Magnus
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:12 AM)
Magnus's Avatar
Who?
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(05-17-2009, 12:16 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

I'll never understand GAF's hard-on for this guy.

Just because it's not you don't hate!
mileS
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:38 AM)
mileS's Avatar
wow
wolfmat
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:51 AM)
wolfmat's Avatar
[IMG]http://i44.************/dpvk75.jpg[/IMG]
Andronicus
Member
(05-17-2009, 12:59 AM)
Andronicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crisis

What is wrong with you?

he has just woken up from cryo-stasis and learned the terrible news
VALIS
Finally I have 40 cakes
But it cost me 40 friends
(05-17-2009, 01:07 AM)
VALIS's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jive Turkey

I'll never understand GAF's hard-on for this guy.

The majority of this thread is facetious. Some of better laughs to be had are the real Shane-obsessed people committing harakiri here.

Thread Tools