• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI #211: Resistance 3 info- Glorious return of the weapon wheel!

Mikey Jr.

You know what sucks?

It feels like they are "rebooting" Resistance for the better, but the sad fact is that its the last game. Too bad.

Mikey Jr. said:
You know what sucks?

It feels like they are "rebooting" Resistance for the better, but the sad fact is that its the last game. Too bad.

Has it been explicitly said that it is the last game? :(

I don't think they'll be able to wrap it up in a way that isn't cheap. I don't want a Dr. Who Xmas special cheap ending here.

They'll probably continue with a new story within the same universe unless they somehow defeat every Chimera which I don't see happening, nor does it seem to be the thrust if 3's plot. ACiT was meant to be the last Ratchet but now we are getting another, albeit different game.
The series has been received and sold too well for them to hang thier hats on 3 titles and a PSP spinoff.

Mikey Jr. said:
You know what sucks?

No, they specifically say in the GI article that they want to continue the franchise after R3. Gameinformer asked if this would be the last entry in the franchise and Ted Price said:

Ted Price said:
“I don’t think so. I think Resistance 3 is a story within the Resistance universe that can be expanded upon.”

“Doors will be shut, but they won’t be slammed.”

Mikey Jr.

Galvanise_ said:
Has it been explicitly said that it is the last game? :(

I don't think they'll be able to wrap it up in a way that isn't cheap. I don't want a Dr. Who Xmas special cheap ending here.

I think it is. Insomniac is going multi-plat, so they'll probably want to focus on the new IP rather than introducing xbox owners to 3 games worth of Resistance history.

Or something. This whole EA partnership is confusing. There are people who know more than I do.

Galvanise_ said:
thumb_fnsl3jn8j8snjf2fsss83n298j.jpg

Smiley face

ulwfl.jpg

Mikey Jr. said:
I think it is. Insomniac is going multi-plat, so they'll probably want to focus on the new IP rather than introducing xbox owners to 3 games worth of Resistance history.

Or something. This whole EA partnership is confusing. There are people who know more than I do.

Sony own the IP so it won't end up on Xbox.

Ideally for me, I'd like Insomniac to make a multiplatform game and still continue to make Playstation exclusive games. They have three teams by the sounds of things so it could be done.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mikey Jr. said:
You know what sucks?

What about spin offs ?: Resistance : Resist Moar and the sequel Resistance : Resist Moar : Rising

Ok guys, which gaming press meltdown we can expect from this interview?
Ted Price : 'SPUs are better than PC'
Ted Price : 'Were making a PC racing game'
Ted Price : 'We like SPUs, lol lazy devs'
Ted Price : 'My god like blue eyes are actually rendered by SPUs'
What else ?

desertdroog

Loudninja said:

Ok, so those "hidden" messages on the signs. Does that point to time-travel of some sort?
Speculation:
Which ties into the origin of the Chimera?

I don't remember off the top of my head,
but is the idea of the Chimera not necessarily being from outer space, but something older(woken up)
still the canon?

I love the desperation and look of being beat down, only to run away captured in the eyes of the people on the train. Not for any sick fetish, just how they tell so many stories without uttering a word in such a short amount of time.

Razor210

Madman said:
If you were tagged in R1, you could avoid death by either shooting whoever tagged you since tag bullets were weaker, shaking the remote to remove the tag, or using cover until the tag wore off. I was happy with how it worked in R1. Tags weren't a death sentence.
Chimera FFA went a bit like this:

*walk forward*
*enemy spawns behind me and tags me*
At this point, by the time I shake off the tag, I have a quarter of my health left, and I still haven't turned around - pretty easy kill.

The only chance of killing someone who used tags was to face them head on.

Yoboman

TEH-CJ said:
is R3 really going to other platforms??

it would of been nice if insomniac just focused on one console and got the most out of that platform as opposed to a multiplatform engine...
Learn to read

Strike

TEH-CJ said:

it would of been nice if insomniac just focused on one console and got the most out of that platform as opposed to a multiplatform engine...
Resistance is a Sony owned IP.

TEH-CJ said:

TEH-CJ discusses dogs, going to the bathroom.

monocromo

TEH-CJ said:

can you see the comma..? or at least read the interview..?

edit: late as always

For what it's worth I loved the sp campign I. R2 the epic scale the variety of levels the sound design was all awesome. I hated the lack of coop campign and the crap bullet sponge multiplayer coop modes. Very hyped for r3 now

New(ish) info from a German mag.

* Capelli will be willing to do anything to protect his wife and child in the game
* The development process is going steadily for the game however, the HUD is mostly empty right now and the design and modelling of weapons is not over.
* The team’s still not decided over whether the game offer you with health packs which will replenish your health or will go with the classic health bar.
* The aiming mechanics of the game will be easier
* Resistance 3 is not similar to Call of Duty games but it’s made in order to appeal to shooter lovers.
* New weapons will be available in the game which have not been announced yet.
* Carbine, Auger and Hedgehog grenades will be back.
* You cannot drive vehicles in the game but can be a passenger mounting the weapons and firing them while someone else drives.
* The final 6 months of development will be devoted to optimizing the graphics and visual style of the the game.
* The game will be designed in such a way that the player will always get the feeling that someone or something is following him and doesn’t feel safe anywhere.
* The NPC have seen some major upgrades and they will react in a much more interactive way to your actions
* Some survivors have settled in a school and are formed a group. They have turned into cannibals and can eat other quietly.

http://www.gamersmint.com/new-resis...info-blowout-hale-can-mount-vehicular-weapons

Top Bottom