• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Moff

I'm a huge hitman fan since C:47, I even enjoyed absolution, even if it was a lot worse than the glorious blood money, and I really loved the tutorial in the beta so I have very high hopes for this. can't wait to play all the user created contracts and developer events. I am actually excited about this release model, although I usually don't like episodic games

PowderedToast

It's a great touch. The thing I like most from what they took from BM over Absolution and expanded it is the way detection works.

Now if you get detected in a disguise it's not immediately fake surrender or guns blazing, the NPC that detects you reacts differently depending on the disguise you're wearing and what you're doing. if you're trespassing in a regular suit, they'll just be like "Hey, you can't be here" and you can leave without consequence, but if you're in like a guard outfit and an enforcer guard detects you, he won't let you go unless you just straight up run away.

yes, i love this detail.

btw, is it me or does 47's face look different in every picture? is he meant to be ageing throughout missions? can't wait to sink my teeth into paris tonight.

Phionoxx

Great OT! Super excited to dive into this over the weekend. Seems to be back to the Blood Money style of levels and execution of gameplay.

yes, i love this detail.

btw, is it me or does 47's face look different in every picture? is he meant to be ageing throughout missions? can't wait to sink my teeth into paris tonight.

You know, I'm not sure. I know there was some community outcry over 47's look in the first showstopper footage from the alpha, where he had more of a babyface, young look to him. There's also a 20 year gap between the Prologue and Paris, so it's possible we might see some time jumps in the future episodes, but I think it's way too early to dig for plot details over what might just have been a change in artistic direction.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to put my hands on this game. It's going to be so good.

Blehhh. Still don't know if I should go PS4 or PC. >.<

Depends on your PC I suppose. I have a decent one but I'm opting for the PS4 version due to the extra content.

Knowing that the performance issues from the beta are fixed sealed the deal for me (and being able to lock it to 30 FPS).

SJRB

Gold Member
Awesome OT!

Tried the beta when it first released, didn't like it one bit but I'm not sure why. The AI was just so bad it kept breaking my immersion.

Curious to see how a full mission would play out.

Foffy

Banned
Is the game always online? I'm watching Jim Sterling playing the game, and he said it has an always online connection.

For the server-side stuff - Challenges and Elusive Targets, for example - you need an internet connection.

This is done so IO can get feedback on what players do and how they do things, so I guess they get level logs to see player X kill target Y with Z conditions.

Does anybody who has the game confirm if the non-press versions of the game launch with six Elusive Targets? They existed in review copies.

Great OT but it needs to be Blood Monthly! I guess I'm staying up all night to play this!

Not me, game doesn't go live for me until 3am, so I'll just wake up my usual time (~6:30) and play until the wife wants to go get errands done. We have guests coming into town tomorrow afternoon so I took the day off...yessss, that's the reason why. >_>

I'm hindsight I should have gotten the full experience rather than the intro pack since it's actually 5 dollars extra if you get the packs separately.

Foffy

Banned
I'm hindsight I should have gotten the full experience rather than the intro pack since it's actually 5 dollars extra if you get the packs separately.

That was until they announced/confirmed an episode seven a week or so ago.

People getting it per episode will now be spending $15 more than people who spent $60 straight up for the full experience.

brau

I got the full experience.

Is it gonna release monthly like RE Revelations 2? I played the first chapter then waited for the whole game to come out. But it was nice to see episodes release without any delays unlike Telltale games. Where you never know when the game will be complete.

So excited for this. Hitman is one of those IPs that I get unreasonably hyped for, there's just something about it that is entirely unique. Can't wait to play tomorrow, I must have spent 5 or 6 hours in the beta.

Foffy

Banned
I'm pretty sure both will have to pay for the extra episode.

The one thing they cannot backpedal on is the "$60 gives you all promised content," which is what is selling the idea of spending full price for a full game. That's been about the only message for Hitman 6 that hasn't changed. :p

MUnited83

For you.
The one thing they cannot backpedal on is the "$60 gives you all promised content," which is what is selling the idea of spending full price for a full game. That's been about the only message for Hitman 6 that hasn't changed. :p

Yep. They also said there would not be any extra substantial DLC so I really doubt they are going to lock out a major mission all of the sudden.

Anyone else seeing a pricing error on PSN?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP0082-CUSA02976_00-HITMANGAME000001

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ence/cid=UP0082-CUSA02976_00-PREORDERINTROPAK

Both are showing as higher than what they should be. The intro pack should be $14.99 not $17.99, and the full game should be $59.99 not $69.99, right?

It doesn't look adjusted to me, but I'm also not in canada, so it's possible the prices adjusted there? My browser automatically redirected to the /en-us/ version of the page.

Karak

Excited to see what people think I am still playing it even after reviewing it. Just solid as F*ck

Top Bottom