• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

How can i make and level up more then one pawn?
I want to make the cast of my favorite show and explore the game with them.
Aka poor mans FF15

AVMZQXp.jpg

Whoa I've never seen that armor before! Love the face mask! BBI armor?

jiggle

I missed your name completely
But someone randomly gifted me a talarian white
Pretty sure it's someone here cuz I mentioned the archstaff couple days ago
So whoever you are
Thank you very much!! :D

people

is there a way to play this in japanese with eng subs?
No not since PS3/360. Maybe if you'd get an Asian (region 3, for example Hong Kong) version, but I'm not sure.
Is it Magic Archer compatible?
Yes

I missed your name completely
But someone randomly gifted me a talarian white
Pretty sure it's someone here cuz I mentioned the archstaff couple days ago
So whoever you are
Thank you very much!! :D
I had some spare. I didn't bother to take your pawn for a walk though, because she had 0 skills equipped :p

jiggle

I had some spare. I didn't bother to take your pawn for a walk though, because she had 0 skills equipped :p
Lol I'm so embarrassed
Didn't notice she was stripped of all her skills in new game :X
Thanks for letting me know(as well as the staff)!

Rejam

Neo Member
Made a bit more progress now and nearing the end of the pre-expansion game.
I've picked up a couple of quests that then immediately get cancelled because I must have passed their deadline :(

I've fed my pawn a load of potions to get rid of his guardian inclination as recommended:
PSN ID: rejam
Pawn name: Mr Nix
Pawn level: 46
Pawn vocation: Strider currently (intending to be a warrior).

I've made a little progress in to BBI but think I'll finish the main game first and then make a proper attempt at it.
I had pretty crappy gear and was still levelling alt vocations so it was all a bit messy.

I can't imagine playing this game without the infinite ferrystone. That's a whole lot of running and think it would have really put me off.

WITHE1982

If someone would be so kind as to take my Pawn out for a little jaunt I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm desperate for RC to unlock some lvl 3 gear.

PSN ID: AST2008
Pawn Name: Ellie
Pawn Level: 51
Pawn Vocation: Sorcerer
Pawn Inclination: Challenger/Utilitarian

I've tried to vary her build a bit to start and have maxed out all vocations with her. Her gear isn't the best but there's a few 3 star stuff on her.

Any tips on how best to outfit her would be great. She's more a damage dealer at present but that can easily be changed as I've unlocked 90% of skills for her vocation.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am about to enter Bitterblack Isle for the 1st time. I am around level 65-70-ish. My main is a Magick Archer, and my Pawn is a Mage. I am thinking I am gonna bring a Fighter and a Strider/Ranger. Maybe a Sorcerer in place of the Strider/Ranger.

Planning to carry GAF pawns for the job but kinda afraid that it will lower the ratings on your folks' pawns considering I think death will be aplenty, hahah, especially since I am playing on Hard where pretty much everything has the tendency to one shot you XD

Oh well, I hope you guys can forgive me for bringing your pawns to the dungeons of death, hahah.

I am about to enter Bitterblack Isle for the 1st time. I am around level 65-70-ish. My main is a Magick Archer, and my Pawn is a Mage. I am thinking I am gonna bring a Fighter and a Strider/Ranger. Maybe a Sorcerer in place of the Strider/Ranger.

Planning to carry GAF pawns for the job but kinda afraid that it will lower the ratings on your folks' pawns considering I think death will be aplenty, hahah, especially since I am playing on Hard where pretty much everything has the tendency to one shot you XD

Oh well, I hope you guys can forgive me for bringing your pawns to the dungeons of death, hahah.
Unfortunately my pawn (Anwyn) is way underlevelled for BBI at level 40-ish, but she can revive herself if that helps. There are only 4 things in the entire game that can actually kill her:

Death's scythe attack
Daimon's vortex
Petrification
The brine

Anything else she can revive herself from, in case anyone needs a pack mule for harder stuff and don't want to risk having their pack mule get sent back to a riftstone :)

Ok getting the game today

Finished it twice on 360 so cant wait

Will definitely take Gafers pawns out

Do I need to add you guys to gift stuff?

If so PSN same as Gaf username

WITHE1982

Anyone have any ways to get Rift Crystals pretty early on.

I've hardly touched the main campaign and have just been farming Drakes for dragon-forging and doing some brief BBI runs for gear and coin (Gorecyclops master-thief stealing).

I've tried to fight a cursed dragon by baiting it in Duskmoon Tower but I'm hardly making a dent in it's HP with my current gear. That and I'm hardly getting any hires for my pawn.

Should I just leave it for now and finish up the main story?

edit: oh I'm a level 51 assassin.

-NeoTB1-

Ok, so I just started playing this again (still learning as I go). Here are my pawn's deets:

PSN ID - NeoFoxTrot
Platform - PS4
Pawn Name - Isabel
Pawn Sex - ♀
Pawn Level - 21
Pawn Vocation - Mage
Pawn Inclination - Utilitarian

I'll edit this later with a picture and some further details. I'm open to friend invites! It would be great to use some GAF pawns.

DC1

If someone would be so kind as to take my Pawn out for a little jaunt I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm desperate for RC to unlock some lvl 3 gear.

PSN ID: AST2008
Pawn Name: Ellie
Pawn Level: 51
Pawn Vocation: Sorcerer
Pawn Inclination: Challenger/Utilitarian

I've tried to vary her build a bit to start and have maxed out all vocations with her. Her gear isn't the best but there's a few 3 star stuff on her.

Any tips on how best to outfit her would be great. She's more a damage dealer at present but that can easily be changed as I've unlocked 90% of skills for her vocation.

Sending you a Friend request (from DMC123)
I'm a DA vet. Just picked up the the PS4 version. Will be powering through tonight and tomorrow.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Whaaa? I don't consider that "sexual" looking, hahaha. It looks good and charming, I think? Is it too sexual? I don't think it is. I mean, it is sexy I suppose, but not to the point where it's overbearing or anything. It's not that I equip her with underwear armor and leave it at that, lol. I think it looks nice, it looks beautiful and graceful on her, with just the right amount of sexiness.
No pants and her bra is showing. :p
But yeah, it's mostly Capcom's fault I guess, they give the best stats to the fucking female lingerie. I hate this shit.

Even worse is shit like this, like the Silver Chestplate, having two different gendered versions and...

tumblr_mombrhMbru1r34y4ho1_400.png

asfsdgdfhg

I get the sense that some people might not be happy until your pawn was in a full burqa :p
No. Stop it.

Audioboxer

Yep. Granted, it's not a purely random process. If you want a different weapon or armor, for instance, you can change your and your Pawn's vocation and then purify. But you're always going to get the same armor/weapon for that vocation (so a Coat of Shadow is never going to become a Coat of Oblivion, etc.).

My girlfriend is just about done with the game, so she wanted me to update her Pawn information here for people who want to take him out:

She wants to emphasize that he's a pretty boy, so don't take him out if you're going to be weird about his appearance. He's there to counteract the great mass of under-dressed female Pawns. :p

Grrr. I've been trying for that damn mask for ages. Have the 1st tier version.

That and an assassins band, damn rng.

gioGAF

10.18.17 UPDATE

PSN ID: Akuma_818
Pawn name: Isabel
Pawn level: 160
Pawn vocation: Ranger
Addition details: Currently leveling, will eventually be a Strider. Doing regular quests for knowledge/trophies right now. Please take my pawn along for bestiary/geography knowledge.
-----
To those that have taken my pawn out questing, let me know if you need any specific item that can be bought with gold and/or mailed. Since I really appreciate bestiary/geography knowledge, I want to reward those who have helped me out, thanks :)

I guess my pawn's gear is a little crappy for her level. It is annoying that I can't Dragon Forge female equipment unless I have a female Arisen. I will be moving to new game plus as soon as I get full knowledge of the Everfall, then I will metamorphose and improve her gear.

For now, I think she should be okay for anyone doing anything in Gransys.

I played the original on PS3 when it first came out. How different is this version? Will it be mostly the same experience, especially before I get to the DLC?

The biggest differences for me were the removal of the black bars, cleaner IQ (I'm playing it on pro), the new ability to to HOTKEY items (up to 4) , and the obvious DLC missions that I never got around in playing and tons of new outfits and items.

It felt completely fresh and I'm enjoying it even much more this time around.

Also the sound is much better and uncompressed imo.

And thank GOD for Free online access to pawns.

I highly recommend a Sorcerer for the full room nuke level of attacks they have available.

WITHE1982

GAF always comes through for me.

Internet high five to velmenni for the 140,000 rift crystals and level 2 weapon.

Very much appreciated my friend.

Anyone else feeling generous then feel free to hire my pawn:

Psnid: AST2008
Pawn name: Ellie

drh1691

Neo Member
I’m trying to get a handle on what affects pawn inclination and how much spell configuration and battle style make a difference.

I have a mage, Lenneth, about level 29 that is a scather now but she has no secondary inclination.

I believe she started as an acquisitor/maybe guardian as secondary from the initial questions when I first started and a knowledge chair talk at around level 8.

At around level 15-20 or so she had no inclinations at all. The change to scather came about a little after level 20.

She has always been set up with offensive spells always as the primary spells and the healing, support type spells always as secondary. I have never intentionally used the d-pad pawn commands, perhaps I hit one here and there by mistake but very rarely.

My character is a ranger, my battle style is maybe 60-70% ranged and the rest of the time I get up in the enemies face with the dagger skills. I dont always prioritize the strongest enemy when I attack, but I don’t avoid them or just hang around picking off the grunts either.

Can anyone help me understand how this inclination progression happens? Is it a result of my spell setup and/or how I approach battles?

I have also tended to bring two additional fighters along with me as the other pawns since about level 15.

Dashl

Neo Member
I am now in the post game, and the Everfall is giving me a tough time. I just hit level 59, after leaving to do some board quests. I was fighting the dragon near Conquest road, got him down to half a bar, and he flew off to dip into the ocean over and over. Not really sure if I should just start NG+, or go into Bitter Black. I am saving a Hard Mode and Speedrun Mode for last. My NG+ run I need to do all the quests.

PSN: Dashl-
Pawn Name: Lily, level 59, Rank 9 Ranger.

bobawesome

PSN ID: deathgodgrimmjow
Platform: PS4
Pawn name: Morgana
Pawn Level: 101
Pawn Vocation: Strider

I'd appreciate it if anyone felt like adding me on PSN and hiring my pawn. BBI is a bit of a pain at this point with the lack of rift crystals needed to purify items.

Server barely works to me tonight :(

I checked up on the Ur-Dragon a few hours ago and saw it had a sliver of health left. Tried to help out for five or so minutes and left. Came back and there was no Grace - the dragon was already defeated. That was a bummer. Like thirty minutes later I couldn't connect online at all.

jiggle

Does falling into the brine automatically dismisses the hired pawns?
They just disappeared on me without notice
Feels bad for the auto 3 stars :(

ryan13ts

Well this game just put me in an horrifically foul mood.

I had just found a really cool looking cape with good stats in some random ruins way out in the middle of nowhere while I was exploring (A fort taken over by all women bandits). A bit after I left the fort however, my fucking xbox decided it was just going to randomly sign me out (This has never happened before) and the game kicked me back to the main menu without saving. I load it back up to find myself back outside the fort, without the cape and now it won't spawn again.

What really REALLY fucking pisses me off is there is a switch to open the main gate at the fort that I hit the first time through after getting the cape, which NOW decides it wants to save my game after hitting it, although it didn't before. I guarantee you that I won't find this cape again until it's utterly useless, as I'm always getting fucked over when it comes to stuff like this.

To the developers, whoever thought forcing you out to the menu when you're signed out without making the game save was a good idea, fuck you. I'm convinced the game and my Xbox are in collusion out to screw me.

ike_

Does falling into the brine automatically dismisses the hired pawns?
They just disappeared on me without notice
Feels bad for the auto 3 stars :(

From what I read in another DD thread it sounds like the pawn reviews aren't cemented until you sleep. So you can go and resummon to send back with a custom review, or keep using him/her, as long as you do so before sleeping.

Well this game just put me in an horrifically foul mood.

I had just found a really cool looking cape with good stats in some random ruins way out in the middle of nowhere while I was exploring (A fort taken over by all women bandits). A bit after I left the fort however, my fucking xbox decided it was just going to randomly sign me out (This has never happened before) and the game kicked me back to the main menu without saving. I load it back up to find myself back outside the fort, without the cape and now it won't spawn again.

What really REALLY fucking pisses me off is there is a switch to open the main gate at the fort that I hit the first time through after getting the cape, which NOW decides it wants to save my game after hitting it, although it didn't before. I guarantee you that I won't find this cape again until it's utterly useless, as I'm always getting fucked over when it comes to stuff like this.

To the developers, whoever thought forcing you out to the menu when you're signed out without making the game save was a good idea, fuck you. I'm convinced the game and my Xbox are in collusion out to screw me.

On PS4 if you get signed out the game continues as normal. Must be an Xbox thing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, I'm having such a hard time with the quest in the quarry west of Gran Soren...

Those damn ogres take 10 minutes to die, and just one of their hits is enough to bring me down. I managed to kill one, but the game wouldn't let me save for some reason. So I kept going and died to the second one. Ugh.

Damn this hard mode.

I need help on a good build either Assassin or mystic archer???

Do you mean magic archer or mystic knight?

For magic archer spend time as ranger, strider and sorcerer for stamina and magic attack.

Assassin could just play assassin, but would have low magic defense. Spend time as Sorcerer to fix that.

Not played mystic knight, not sure on that.

PSN ID: deathgodgrimmjow
Platform: PS4
Pawn name: Morgana
Pawn Level: 101
Pawn Vocation: Strider

I'd appreciate it if anyone felt like adding me on PSN and hiring my pawn. BBI is a bit of a pain at this point with the lack of rift crystals needed to purify items.
You should probably change the inclination of your pawn; As a strider you want her to use her dagger skills.

But yeah, it's mostly Capcom's fault I guess, they give the best stats to the fucking female lingerie. I hate this shit.

Even worse is shit like this, like the Silver Chestplate, having two different gendered versions and...

asfsdgdfhg

No. Stop it.

Is there decent chestplates for women? Can i make my Casca pawn look more like casca

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

asfsdgdfhg

No. Stop it.

She's wearing white lingerie and the camisole... well I suppose that counts as an undergarment.

Anyways, here's her new look, after exploring BBI for a bit:

BiWESa.png

With my Magick Archer Arisen (this skirt is so goofy looking though! lol)

xJfox1.png

Gazer is down, continuing forward. I don't remember the online name for the owner, but I am using a Ranger pawn called Yukiko which I believe comes from one of the GAFfers. The fighter is random though, can't find a suitable Fighter from GAFfers.

I highly recommend a Sorcerer for the full room nuke level of attacks they have available.

I would carry a Sorcerer but only if he or she has High Voidspell---unfortunately it seems like this is a skill that many people just don't give to their Sorcerer for whatever reason :(

I need help on a good build either Assassin or mystic archer???

Assassin is pure physical so basically get Vehemence from Fighter, Clout from Warrior, and don't forget to put Warrior's Bastion in there as well and maybe also Mystic Knight's Fortitude. Assassin has the single highest damage climbing attack with Dire Gouge (Sword) so you might want to also look on climbing augments like Strider's Dexterity & Arm Strength (later you can unlock Opportunism and Adhesion, two extremely valuable skills for Monster climbing, but that is only through BBI)

Just try leveling up as Fighter and Warrior basically, with Ranger interspersed in for high stamina growth. If you level up exclusively as Assassin though you may have high attack power you will end up extremely brittle, so I don't recommend it.

For Mystic Archer, first and foremost you need to get Acuity from Sorcerer and preferably Attunement as well from Mage to maximize your Magick attack power. I would also recommend you get Warrior's Clout considering yes, you do need to get physical every once in a while and one of Magick Archer's signature skill, Backfire/Immolation, is physical based so don't neglect physical for your Magick Archer (though the main focus is Magick). I would recommend leveling up as Strider/Ranger, and then as Mage/Sorcerer (mainly Sorcerer). Might want to sneak in a few fighters in there as well, for defense.

I'm trying to get a handle on what affects pawn inclination and how much spell configuration and battle style make a difference.

I have a mage, Lenneth, about level 29 that is a scather now but she has no secondary inclination.

I believe she started as an acquisitor/maybe guardian as secondary from the initial questions when I first started and a knowledge chair talk at around level 8.

At around level 15-20 or so she had no inclinations at all. The change to scather came about a little after level 20.

She has always been set up with offensive spells always as the primary spells and the healing, support type spells always as secondary. I have never intentionally used the d-pad pawn commands, perhaps I hit one here and there by mistake but very rarely.

My character is a ranger, my battle style is maybe 60-70% ranged and the rest of the time I get up in the enemies face with the dagger skills. I dont always prioritize the strongest enemy when I attack, but I don't avoid them or just hang around picking off the grunts either.

Can anyone help me understand how this inclination progression happens? Is it a result of my spell setup and/or how I approach battles?

I have also tended to bring two additional fighters along with me as the other pawns since about level 15.

Inclination changes can happen for a variety of reasons, mainly due to how you play your Arisen. For example, spamming the Help command will change your Pawn's inclination to Guardian (Please don't do this, Guardian is extremely crap, also Acquisitor is just as crap), or if you rush in to kill Mages/Archers first then your may find your Pawn steered towards the Challenger inclination. Also, you may find your pawn's inclination changed due to other people hiring him/her and your pawn observing their style of playing.

For Mages/Sorcerer, if you can don't put Scather in him/her, because if you do they will be more inclined to jump and climb large monsters--which is of course, a stupid thing for a Mage/Sorcerer to do. Utilitarian and Mitigator are good, and perhaps Medicant as a second inclination if you are a Mage.

You can manipulate their inclination in a much more effective way by purchasing inclination elixirs from Jonathan at the encampment. The basic rule is this: if you want a specific inclination, make sure to drink that inclination's elixir the last, so for example if you want Primary Utilitarian and Secondary Mitigator, first drink Mitigator first (say, 2 bottles) and then your Drink Utilitarian next (2 bottles as well)

jiggle

Finishing up my 3rd playthrough for a hidden trophy that i missed
Then i can Finally start on BBI

It had been HARD staying away from there

From what I read in another DD thread it sounds like the pawn reviews aren't cemented until you sleep. So you can go and resummon to send back with a custom review, or keep using him/her, as long as you do so before sleeping.
Thanks!
That`s great to know

Top Bottom