• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey gets near-perfect score (39/40) from Famitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

Preach. One of the best 2D Mario games ever made and thus by extension one of the best games ever made.
NSMBWii and NSMBU are ridiculously underrated, I'll agree. Wii was such a marked improvement over the original on DS. Everything about it was better.

That said, NSMBU is the perfection of the formula and a proper sendoff for that branch of Mario games.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Better than all other 3D Marios except 64 (which got the same grade). Anyway, we all know that Famitsu ratings are as useful as parents giving grades to their children.

mrmickfran

We live in the timeline where Odyssey isn't awarded a perfect score yet Final Fantasy XIII-2 and fucking New Super Mario Bros. Wii is awarded one.

Kouriozan

Lol@ the first page. 50 people all making the exact same joke.

You missed the Nintendogsalypse.

fC0Z9jD.jpg

Mark1

The bigger picture here is that the game has scored higher than Galaxy 1/2...

This can only mean fantastic news!

rooting-for-you-tyra.gif

;)
Seriously though, this thread is making me happy because it seems like the joking indicates people aren’t getting hung up on the score like I’ve seen in the past with similar situations.

Chiramii

Hype deflated. I expected Famitsu to break the scale with Odyssey. 42/40 was to be expected so I don't see lil' Ninty getting out of this one. What does this mean for their holiday season?!

I can't wait any longer!

Seems like this is going to be a flop. Please transfer your pre orders to me if you don’t want to waste your time with a confirmed bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom