• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your MOST PLAYED game this year?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
overall its probably Heroes of the Storm since I play it on and off. or Legion which I got into heavy for like 3 months and played... a lot during that time.

Otherwise its Persona 5 with 112 hours.

inner-G

Banned
Breath of the Wild and by a large margin

(I don't think Switch has an accurate way to see playtime?)

Will play a lot of Mario but not that much.

SNES Mini collectively could give it a run for its money.

Floody

Destiny 2: Was over 200 hours when I last checked.
Yakuza 0: Was just over 100 hours.
Destiny 1: Probably around a 100 hours too.
Horizon Zero Dawn: Around a 100 hours aswell. Did Normal, Hard and Ultra Hard playthroughs.
Nothing else comes close.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there a good way to track or see this on a PS4?

Unfortunately not.

You have to rely on your save files for campaign stuff or in game trackers for multiplayer stuff.

If not, just give a rough estimate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Breath of the Wild and by a large margin

(I don't think Switch has an accurate way to see playtime?)

Will play a lot of Mario but not that much.

SNES Mini collectively could give it a run for its money.

Switch shows game time after you played it for 2 weeks (or 10 days, something like that, its hilrious)

Buzzi

Uhm, not sure how many hours, 200+ probably, but rocket league.

In second, A-Train 3D with 114h and still counting.

In third Dies Irae with 60h.

I'm actually reading Muv-Luv Alternative and playing Culdcept Revolt, both should be pretty long and have a shot at the third place by year's end.

Injustice 2: Around 200 hours last time I checked.

I'm sure go back to it but I dunno when, maybe when atom drops. I haven't had the motivation to keep playing lately and whenever I have the time i'm just on mvci.

Zedark

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 130 hours
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 80 hours
3. Horizon Zero Dawn - 45 hours

I expect Super Mario Odyssey, Skyrim Switch and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to challenge the 2nd and 3rd place games. Possibly FIFA 18 Switch as well.

Morts

Breath of the Wild with over 90 hours.

If Stardew Valley was in a Humble Bundle this year that's a close second place, otherwise Horizon is.

Breath of the Wild - 70+ hours
Resident Evil 7 - 25 hours
Destint 2 - 17 hours

This will definitely change. I see Destiny's 2 time increasing while Super Mario Oddysey will take Resident Evil's place.

Surfside

Banned
- Street Fighter 5 162 hours on Steam
I should have the same amount on PSN if not more but i can't tell.

- TLoZ: Breath of the Wild 100 hours

- Trails in the Sky SC 74 hours

- Disgea 5 56 hours

- Prey and Nier Automata each around 50 hours

retroman

I've played Sinistar and Renegade quite a lot lately. Can't say how much exactly though, since I haven't measured the time. Perhaps four hours each. Maybe a little less.

Yes, I'm old.

Bluehound

Neo Member
Offline - Nioh 96h 40 mins according to save file (has online but I have only played offline content)
Online - Soldat, not sure about exact time as the game doesn't keep record, but definitely more than Nioh

And I still need to purchase season pass for Nioh to get all three DLCs. Haven't played them yet.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Persona 5 - 145 hours
Yakuza 0 & kiwami - 80 hours each
Kingdom Hearts 1- 65 hours
Tekken 7- 50 hours
Rainbow six siege - 45 hours

KorrZ

Path of Exile for sure.

I first discovered it in the lead up to the big 3.0 expansion, and then played a shit ton once the expansion dropped.

215 hours.

Next would be Persona 5 with 90 something hours. Divinity OS:2 - 80 hours. Nioh ~70 hours.

Persona 5 - 117h 51m
Horizon - 65h 25m 52s
Yakuza 0 - 59h 45m 59s

Don't see it changing much, I still want to get through some side quest for Yakuza 0 so it could beat Horizon, but I also want to platinum Horizon. Don't see anything else beating those.

SlickVic

1. Persona 5 135 hours
2. Mass Effect Andromeda 90 hours
3. Horizon Zero Dawn 70 hours

Based off the in-game time log for those games. FFXIV might get into my top 3 as I've put in about 50-55 hours or so in the free trial and will be playing the complete game.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | 200+ hours

I played probably 40+ hours on my daughters launch Switch, then maybe another 60+ hours on my Wii U, then over 100+ hours on my own Switch.

so far, leading the way is NieR: Automata (53hrs), a game where I regret absolute none of the minutes spent with it. GOTY for certain.

The rest of my top 3 are the hours I spent near the start of the year with Final Fantasy XV (36hrs) and Yakuza 0 (33hrs). I actually loved this Final Fantasy more than most, I really loved the whole thing of just guys being friends, it's something I rarely seen done as well as on display here. I also loved the combat which I know many hated. Despite its flaws, I thought it had enough in the characters and the world for it to easily be worth my time. Yakuza, meanwhile, was something I wasn't expecting to adore, but absolutely did. I bought it after seeing all the incredibly positive feedback on here and I'm so glad I did. Incredibly fun game, amazing story and now I'm in love with a series I never thought I would be.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Top 5 are:

1. Splatoon 2 - ~285 hours
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - ~220 hours (~265 hours if combined with MK8 Wii U)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - ~140 hours
4. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PC) - ~105 hours
5. Persona 5 - ~100 hours

Did not realize I'd played Trails of Cold Steel that much until I just checked. It was a replay, too...

1. Path of Exile - 234 hours
2. Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - 178 hours
3. Breath of the Wild - 70 hours or so...

Destiny 2 will probably make its way in there when the PC version comes out next week. I only put like 30 hours into the PS4 version.

Breath of the Wild at 135 hours. (Still haven't gone back for the DLC.) Most time I've spent playing a single 'run' of a singleplayer game in fucking ages.

Think my #2 is probably Nier Automata at about 75. Don't think I played any one multiplayer game for very long this year.

Muffdraul

Gotta be BotW. From what I remember I put in approx. 250 hours on Wii U, 130 hours on Switch. I was laid off this year from Feb to Sept, good times.

1. Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 118 hours
2. Persona 5 - 104 hours
3. Nioh - 98 hours

In the next couple months, I'll have Nioh (PC) and Assassin's Creed Origins.

I guess Nioh will be my most played at the end of the year. I doubt AC origins will be that long though.

mavo

Banned
Probably more than 200+ hours of Zelda Botw.

Also a shiton of FIFA, ghost recond wildlands and the original starcraft.

Oh and although i technically started playing the game at the end of last year, like 50+ hours of Witcher 3.

Top Bottom