• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 | The 'Verse Awakens

Irobot82

It would have been amusing to see a home-brewed engine attempted before they had any real talent hired in that area. I assume people just assume that any old programmer can whip up an advanced engine tailor suited to the application. That said, they have enough ex-Crytek people hired now that they could probably do it, but that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And on an unrelated note, all applications to the org (as of this post) are now processed.

Can you add one more? :D

Daedardus

Can't believe people still hope this game is going to turn out good. It can never outbeat the gem that is Elite: Dangerous, and No Man's Sky will dwarf it on an exploration basis. Derek Smart was right all the time, and he should know, because he has much experience in game development, Line of Defense is shaping up to be really good.

Lol, jk. Here's to Alpha 3.0. 890 Jump baby!

Shy

Another question for people using a controller.

I've tried to turn down the sensitives, for looking around what have you. but i dosn't seem to change.

Also on a similar not, i've changed in the options the Y axis for looking in the cockpit, but it hasn't changed, is it just me, or is it happening to anyone else. ?

Zalusithix

Thank you sir. Looking forward to re-remembering how to fly. It's been a while. I upgraded my Aurora LN during the last sale to a Hull B.

Hulls aren't hanger ready, let alone flight ready. I'm not sure what they're giving as loaners for them.

(Not that there would be anything to do with a Hull B as it stands anyhow... Cargo system isn't in yet.)

Irobot82

Hulls aren't hanger ready, let alone flight ready. I'm not sure what they're giving as loaners for them.

(Not that there would be anything to do with a Hull B as it stands anyhow... Cargo system isn't in yet.)

Yeah, I have a 300i as a loaner so I'll need to get used to flying it. I have a few extra weapons I can slap on it as well. Hull B is long term fun. My boss has a Connie so I am hoping to get to fly with him at some point.

Back in the early days i was using Voice Attack and had a decent setup someone had made. Are those still viable?

AngerdX

Here is a link to latest list of loaners, for the hulls it´s Andromeda connie. Loaner Ships

Yeah, I have a 300i as a loaner so I'll need to get used to flying it. I have a few extra weapons I can slap on it as well. Hull B is long term fun. My boss has a Connie so I am hoping to get to fly with him at some point.

Back in the early days i was using Voice Attack and had a decent setup someone had made. Are those still viable?

As for voice attack i use Anna 5.3 and it rocks. Anna:)

danthefan

So I backed this a long time ago but haven't even launched it yet... Is there a playable game here now? Should I just wait for the actually release?

FinKL

So I backed this a long time ago but haven't even launched it yet... Is there a playable game here now? Should I just wait for the actually release?
Same when I try to login it says my email isn't registered even though I backed forever ago. And I clearly get all the weekly email alerts. I think I have to reregister?

Shy

Please the OP, yes there are small playable bits now.

Here's a link that will also to you what's currently available.

SLV

Added myself to the google doc, sending the application in a few seconds ! ;)

Sent !

Accepted.

Thanks !

I backed in July 2013, i have the Aurora MR ship, the LTI package, basically i am covered for squadron 42 and insurance and stuff right ?
Have not done anything with all this.

Zalusithix

I backed in July 2013, i have the Aurora MR ship, the LTI package, basically i am covered for squadron 42 and insurance and stuff right ?
Have not done anything with all this.

Any package has access to all current and future SC modules up to and including the release of SQ42 and the PU. LTI isn't needed, and has been explicitly stated dozens of times by CIG to be minor, but yes, you'll have it. It only will cover the base hull though. No upgrades or anything - you'll still have to pay for that level of insurance. Basically you can never lose an LTI ship completely. However, that will be of little comfort when your upgrades cost more than the ship itself.

Edit: And it appears that with all the new additions to the org, we're now in the top 100 largest orgs in SC. Just a fun statistic.

gblues

Banned

Can you log into RSI website?

If you can get in the site but not the game, you might have a really old version of the launcher that was replaced.

Uninstall the game, and then go download the current client from RSI.

fade_

Sorry if this has been asked but if we participated in the prior PTU can we safely delete that directory to recoup the space or will there be something later on that I should save it for and not have to DL everything again.

wrongway

Doh, finally got in (was getting the 'all instances full' message before), but I crashed out in like 30 seconds. Now I just get disconnected from an "unlocalized error." Oh well :<

tuxfool

Banned
Doh, finally got in (was getting the 'all instances full' message before), but I crashed out in like 30 seconds. Now I just get disconnected from an "unlocalized error." Oh well :<

You can keep trying. Eventually you'll get an instance that you can get into.

Shy

My controller sensitivities won't change, i can't shoot anything in FPS, it's just too damm twitchy, anyone else having this problem. ?

AngerdX

I bet yours includes VAT. Filthy americans don't pay that.

Hmm that made me think, could i have someone from us buy it and gift it to me, that tax makes me hesitate to get one of the more costly ships, well that and no lti, so pissed i missed the p72 for upgrades with lti.

Rephin

My controller sensitivities won't change, i can't shoot anything in FPS, it's just too damm twitchy, anyone else having this problem. ?

Personally I switched my Elite controller's stick settings on the Xbox Accessories app to "Delay" for the slower initial movement. I like it best for SC.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller and have had no problems using default settings. I just wish we were able to navigate the UI's with the stick instead of using the mouse. The holo table is the only system that lets us do this.

Saiyan-Rox

Hey guys a little help

I signed up to try the free trail till the 14th but there's no download button for the client.

All the requirements are in the green except explore the hanger

I'm probably missing something really obvious but not paying attention

First player encounter involved my ship getting blown up while exploring the abandoned station, killing the player and jacking his gladius, then jumping to a comm station to get destroyed by an aurora.
Also applied to the Organization...I think.

Shy

Personally I switched my Elite controller's stick settings on the Xbox Accessories app to "Delay" for the slower initial movement. I like it best for SC.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller and have had no problems using default settings. I just wish we were able to navigate the UI's with the stick instead of using the mouse. The holo table is the only system that lets us do this.
Just me then. i find it way too twitchy. :(

Zalusithix

Hey guys a little help

I signed up to try the free trail till the 14th but there's no download button for the client.

All the requirements are in the green except explore the hanger

I'm probably missing something really obvious but not paying attention
The download page should have 6 check marks with the last one being "The latest version" with a link to download the installer. Not sure what you're seeing on your end. At any rate, here is a direct link to the installer.

Also applied to the Organization...I think.
Yes, you did apply. (And were accepted.)

Saiyan-Rox

The download page should have 6 check marks with the last one being "The latest version" with a link to download the installer. Not sure what you're seeing on your end. At any rate, here is a direct link to the installer.

Yes, you did apply. (And were accepted.)

Thank you! :)

Yeah my page had the hanger in red so there wasn't a download option

AngerdX

I found that the default controller mappings are not that good tbh, so using a custom configured xml for gamepads, love the DS4 for this sofar that touchpad is so damn handy.

This + voice attack will do until i get a new HOTAS, still deciding what route to take that tho, quite a few options in setups for sc.

My wallet will hate me i´m sure.

tuxfool

Banned
Dual Joystick is where it is at, yo. Mine are currently mismatched, but I want to get another t16000m to make it symmetric.

Can't believe people still hope this game is going to turn out good. It can never outbeat the gem that is Elite: Dangerous, and No Man's Sky will dwarf it on an exploration basis. Derek Smart was right all the time, and he should know, because he has much experience in game development, Line of Defense is shaping up to be really good.

Lol, jk. Here's to Alpha 3.0. 890 Jump baby!

Glad to know we are not alone brother, on seeing this trainwreck about to happen. Trying to brute force the graphics, in a barely functional engine, while using marketing terms to blurry our eyes to not noticing the fact that their own devs are jumping ship as if Cloud Imperium has hit an iceberg.

Next escapist article on Chris Roberts Ferrari's will expose this farce for what it is. One of the first playable vaporware in history. Should have known when this game wasn't finished in 2 years, like an AC game, that were being fleeced.

That being said...... When is the next ship sale? I wonder if I could afford an 890?

tuxfool

Banned
Is the boost(shift key) supposed to not work when just moving straight? It only seems to activate if I am moving my mouse.

Cool, thanks.

Boost isn't going to work if you're already going at the top speed. Think of boost as you would a sudden increase in torque in a car. It is good for tightening turns. What you want is to activate the Afterburner to increase your top speed temporarily.

Can't even get into my ship today before it crashes.

Edit: Had better luck in the 45 minutes since this post, but now I'm getting the same normal glitches from the PTU. Can't get back into my ship if I didn't land on a landing platform (zero G places like the abandoned shipping station), picking up a weapon on the security station warping me into the middle of space 15km away... we all signed up for an alpha so this comes with the territory, but still, I'm surprised they pushed this build to Live in its current state.

Zalusithix

That being said...... When is the next ship sale? I wonder if I could afford an 890?
Might have another sale around Christmas. Assuming they sell the 890 again, you're looking at $600. It's the most expensive ship in the game that's not a capital type. So you're either looking at a decent dropping of funds, or a decent melting of your existing feet. (Or a bit of A and B.)

Edit: Just realized we'll be at $100 million in funding by tomorrow at the latest.

Aselith

Might have another sale around Christmas. Assuming they sell the 890 again, you're looking at $600. It's the most expensive ship in the game that's not a capital type. So you're either looking at a decent dropping of funds, or a decent melting of your existing feet. (Or a bit of A and B.)

Edit: Just realized we'll be at $100 million in funding by tomorrow at the latest.

Only 9000 left

AngerdX

Dualsticks + rudder pedals i´m thinking, just not sure on what sticks yet, i do wish force feedback would make a comeback for sticks.

i hate having to go into my hangar to add REC weapons to the ship i own before jumping into Arena Commander.. maybe a War Thunder menu approach would be better?

1397823217-2014-04-18-00008.jpg

Top Bottom