• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Sucks people still having problem with LRG, I never had a problem with them everything usually goes well for me and I trust them...but then again I’m on the west coast and I’m guessing most problem are oversea orders?

Quick update regarding a handful of future batches (with countdowns available in the OP):

• Crawl and 2064: Read Only Memories launch tomorrow for the PS4. The latter title has a total of three variant covers which are chosen at random for single orders with a "three-pack" that comes with all of them. While the development team behind 2064 has publicly canned the Vita version, inside sources claim they're still attempting to complete the port which, purportedly, has been much more successful this round compared to previous efforts. However, the aforementioned announcement still allows them to walk away from the process if it doesn't prove effective so hold out for the possibility of a Sony handheld version at your discretion. LRG has stated they'd be all for releasing it on the chance it gets finished. Also, the developers are working on an enhanced version of the same game for the Switch which comes with a few additional features and negotiations are ongoing with LRG about releasing a physical version of that port, too.
  • Claire: Extended Cut and Windjammers are targeting December 1st for the PS4 and Vita. The latter title comes with a collector's edition with exclusive cover artwork, a soundtrack CD, 18"x 24" folded poster, and a branded Frisbee.

sn0man

I finally picked up a PS4 Pro and I opened my copy of Firewatch and it won’t install. Gets to 623MB installed and then stops / errors out.

Any way I could get a replacement?

sn0man

make a ticket at their service desk

Thank you! I went ahead and did that. I also opened all the other releases from them I received. Other than Astebreed being loose inside, all games loaded and played just fine.

Fingers crossed they kept a couple copies so I can get a working one.

Spinoff90

Thank you! I went ahead and did that. I also opened all the other releases from them I received. Other than Astebreed being loose inside, all games loaded and played just fine.

Fingers crossed they kept a couple copies so I can get a working one.

They set aside some copies for a certain amount of time before clearing them out but copies still sitting around for almost a year old release might be stretching it. Good luck.

I finally picked up a PS4 Pro and I opened my copy of Firewatch and it won’t install. Gets to 623MB installed and then stops / errors out.

Any way I could get a replacement?

Have you tried deleting the game file then re-inserting the disc? This has happened to me on a few other games I own.

sn0man

Have you tried deleting the game file then re-inserting the disc? This has happened to me on a few other games I own.

Yes I have. The disc does a ton of stops and starts. All other LRG releases I have (including octodad and shadow complex remaster, aka titles that I’ve had for over a year) do a constant stream of data reads from the disk. If you pm me I can send you a video of what it does.

The disc surface looks smooth and scratch free. I usually get anywhere from 600–843MB on the 3 or 4 tries I did last night. The blue-ray drive just stops and starts on my Pro in a manner unlike any other disc LRG or elsewise.

sn0man

Update: as would be obvious to everyone except the unreasonably hopeful (myself), LRG does not have any extra stock, and haven’t for quite a long time.

This really sucks as it is now not sealed and therefore has no real value. I can’t even get the $35 back by selling it.

sn0man

Would resurfacing the disk help? Is the problem with the coating or the actual data? It looks pristine so I am doubtful but would like to get it to work.

Weevilone

That's what happened to me. I had a game arrive damaged and they had no stock to replace it with. People seem willing to overlook stuff like this for reasons I don't understand.

sn0man

That's what happened to me. I had a game arrive damaged and they had no stock to replace it with. People seem willing to overlook stuff like this for reasons I don't understand.

I think it is an issue to deal with the way Sony only permits certain ways to print discs. I’m super bummed about it but I can’t let it get me or physical games down. As to your problem; I think Sony needs to carve out an exception for customers to be able to get a replacement printed in a one off fashion. Also without knowing the specifics surrounding your situation I can only let you know; I’m very sorry and I know personally how having a not working disc feels.

Firewatch came out almost a year ago, so it's reasonable we don't have any more stock.

I’m super unhappy but I want you guys to know I don’t specifically blame you. As we all know, this is literally 11 months after the sale. As I wanted to purchase this to play and as it does not serve that purpose I have no real use for it. Does LRG want it or have any value for it? If you prefer to discuss offline, let me know.

I think it is an issue to deal with the way Sony only permits certain ways to print discs. I’m super bummed about it but I can’t let it get me or physical games down. As to your problem; I think Sony needs to carve out an acception for customers to be able to get a replacement printed in a one off fashion. Also without knowing the specifics surrounding your situation I can only let you know; I’m very sorry and I know personally how having a not working disc feels.

I’m super unhappy but I want you guys to know I don’t specifically blame you. As we all know, this is literally 11 months after the sale. As I wanted to purchase this to play and as it does not serve that purpose I have no real use for it. Does LRG want it or have any value for it? If you prefer to discuss offline, let me know.

DM sent.

Olengie

Update: as would be obvious to everyone except the unreasonably hopeful (myself), LRG does not have any extra stock, and haven’t for quite a long time.

This really sucks as it is now not sealed and therefore has no real value. I can’t even get the $35 back by selling it.

Sucks to hear that pal

Spinoff90

But any PS4 games that wont work on a PRO is the developers (and SONYs) fault with the patching

All PS4 games work on the Pro. The patches of pre-pro games are just to support additional features like a higher resolution not to make them work on it.

sn0man

Sucks to hear that pal

Thanks! It’s just a game, but sad nonetheless.

I’m going to see if I can find a good home for it. Everything is perfectly nice and new. I was thinking of maybe contacting the developer and seeing if they wanted it as something to display.

Some notable updates.
  • In less than an hour, Super GunWorld 2 (PS4) will be launching as part of a miniature string of Black Friday sales on the LRG website. The aforementioned game is a brand new title that was suddenly announced for the collection a few days ago. Limited to 2,000 copies available worldwide, SGW2 will be the second shortest run on the system right behind Saturday Morning RPG and it comes with a full-color manual (16-pgs) and five unique trading cards for the game. Orders that manage to buy multiple copies will be insured to receive a minimum of one gold variant trading card, too. Unfortunately, the product is still being processed by Sony and it won't likely ship until the end of December.
  • In terms of merchandise, a vinyl soundtrack of composer Jason Graves' Breach & Clear: Deadline (limited 400 copies w/ two trading cards) will also be sold alongside very small batches of leftover 2017 titles that will go live randomly throughout the day. Unlike the previous year, their major inventory blowout won't occur until January 1st, 2018, and damaged copies will also be sold through auction.
  • On top of the recent ESRB mandate, the American rating board doesn't seem to be cutting any slack for LRG as two upcoming releases were prematurely announced through their Twitter account with the critically-panned Double Dragon IV (PS4), plus the long-awaited handheld ports for SteamWorld Dig & Heist (Vita). In regard to the latter two games, they won't be bundled onto the same cartridge to avoid creating a whole new build of the games similar to the Mutant Mudd scenario.
  • According to Josh, LRG is currently investigating the possibility of signing Battle Garegga Rev.2016 in response to its upcoming physical pressing in South Korea. Arc System Works will be handing publishing duties and even claims to be "the world's only disc version" in a rough translation of the original announcement. If you're looking to import the title despite the chance of localization, Battle will launch on December 7th at select retailers.

Maguro

I pre ordered the normal switch Edition for Bloodstained. The CE was sold out in 3 minutes or something.. impossible to get something through.
Also people buy not just one version, they buy also the PS4 CE too....that really makes me angry. I am myself a collector and i have the mindset that i only get one item that i will play, to leave the other bunch to someone else who needs it. I think your character is faulted if you buy a Switch CE, a PS4 CE and maybe a VITA CE all at once just because "you can." Do you really need two or three versions of the same? There are people who even have problems getting one pre order of these through. But what to expect from humanity. Destroying the planet with no remorse, everyone cares about his own advantage...not surprised at the end. Greed is obviously human nature.

I pre ordered the normal switch Edition for Bloodstained. The CE was sold out in 3 minutes or something.. impossible to get something through.
Also people buy not just one version, they buy also the PS4 CE too....that really makes me angry. I am myself a collector and i have the mindset that i only get one item that i will play, to leave the other bunch to someone else who needs it. I think your character is faulted if you buy a Switch CE, a PS4 CE and maybe a VITA CE all at once just because "you can." Do you really need two or three versions of the same? There are people who even have problems getting one pre order of these through. But what to expect from humanity. Destroying the planet with no remorse, everyone cares about his own advantage...not surprised at the end. Greed is obviously human nature.

It is annoying but sadly nothing can be done unless LRG have a proper system in place where you can't buy the same CE for different systems.

I tried to buy Salt & Sanctuary but the timer was stuck (happens a LOT on LRG) to which I couldn't buy it.

The worst one was Munchee's Oddysey where the timer finished 10 seconds early so I missed out on that too. However I learned my lesson and managed to get the Mega Collection of VA11-Halla, Xenon Valkyrie Ex and 2084 in time.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Agreed. They should keep the sales to one-per-order. Some want "complete sets" and some want to have one that is never opened. Absolute waste of money and a game that would actually be used, IMO.

Top Bottom