• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems weird to refer to something as the "final chapter" when it probably won't adapt the ending. Since this doesn't happen till next year I guess it's possible the manga will have ended by then but even if it has I just can't imagine them being able to do it all in 4 episodes unless it rushed and they leave out a lot of shit, or the episodes are longer then a typical anime episode (which even then I struggle to see how they could do it).

Qurupeke

So, over the past couple of weeks I'm seeing quite positive impressions on Kado, Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul and Tsuki ga Kirei, so I assume the season may not be that bad after all?

Also, I assume that I need to watch Genesis before Virgin Soul? I think I read something about returning characters and such.

Yonafunu

I didn't read it as mere speculation (though as this point there are a few clues), he wrote it in fact as if everyone knew about it. It made me think maybe he wanted to write it in the manga thread and by mistake put it there.

Nah, you can see his other posts in the thread, I don't think he's read the manga. It's more like he's just really sure about that part of the speculation being right. And to be fair, it's been a theory since the first season. Multiple people have been speculating the same thing in that very thread.

It's still a pretty confusing way to post about speculation, tho.

Why I can't be under Benten's heel? Is that too much to ask??

FJ2rT6q.jpg
B6IyNNk.jpg

Qurupeke

The Eccentric Family S2 3

Benten-sama returns, and in such a spectacular way too. But the ending of the episode was really the most noteworthy part. It was oddly satisfying...

So, over the past couple of weeks I'm seeing quite positive impressions on Kado, Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul and Tsuki ga Kirei, so I assume the season may not be that bad after all?

Also, I assume that I need to watch Genesis before Virgin Soul? I think I read something about returning characters and such.
This season was never bad to begin with. But yea Tsukigakirei and Kado are pretty great.

As for virgin soul you can watch it without having seen Genesis.
Unless Duckroll lied to me.

This is an unexpected treat. As long as it continues the uncommonly good sound direction the previous ReLIFE anime had, I'll be satisfied.

It seems weird to refer to something as the "final chapter" when it probably won't adapt the ending. Since this doesn't happen till next year I guess it's possible the manga will have ended by then but even if it has I just can't imagine them being able to do it all in 4 episodes unless it rushed and they leave out a lot of shit, or the episodes are longer then a typical anime episode (which even then I struggle to see how they could do it).

Looking at the news on the official anime website, they explicitly say that this final chapter will cover the story from after the events of episode 13 to the end of Arata's ReLIFE experiment.

kewlmyc

Hopefully that means that the manga is finishing up this year. It's been dragging on for a while now.

Uh. So I guess the manga will be finishing up within the next year or so? I've been reading it since I finished the show and it is fairly enjoyable. No idea how they will cram so much development in 4 episodes, unless they just pick a few highlights from the 2 main characters, and no side stuff.

Cut out all the arcs about Rena related drama, focus only on KaizakixHishiro. They could pull it off.

Szadek

You don't have to watch Genesis, but you will get more out of it if you have seen S1.
It's set 10 years after the first season, so many things have changed, and the protaganist as well as the villain are new characters, but most of the supporting cast are from Genesis.

AoT - 29

This show is turning out to be what I hoped it was, the definitive way of going through the contents of the manga in a much more digestible way. The manga tried to churn along as best as possible, but I feel that monthly release schedule only did it more harm than good. Having the content come out weekly helps to keep up with the developments for all characters, since everything will still be fresh in your mind. Production is still rock solid also, which is great.

This is an unexpected treat. As long as it continues the uncommonly good sound direction the previous ReLIFE anime had, I'll be satisfied.

Looking at the news on the official anime website, they explicitly say that this final chapter will cover the story from after the events of episode 13 to the end of Arata's ReLIFE experiment.

Huh interesting, I guess that means the manga will definitely be over by next year then. Still can't see how they would do that in 4 episodes though, unless maybe they focus only on Arata stuff and ignore all the side character story shit. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Szadek

Grimoire of Zero - Ep. 2
Decent episode, but certain actions of villager and the one witch weren't all that beliveable.

WorldEnd - Ep. 2
Mostly a set up episode. Seeing the MC with the childs was very cute.
With a setting like this, things are about to get ugly pretty soon.

zulux21

I mean the chapters to the series don't get much done.
I think the first series was doing like 5-10 chapters an episode in the first season.

that being said 4 seems small for the final chapter, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a tsubasa chronicles and just jumped an arc or two trying to get people to buy the manga that came between the two series.

Eccentric Famil 2 ep3

LMAO I love this new tengu. He put Benten on her place. I hope this is the beginning of a rivalry and dispute that turns into romantic feelings so my ship can keep sail because I'm sure some people are hoping for the benten ship. But I sure don't. Fuck that woman.

Oh man this week's Samurai Jack episode was terrible. Ugh...

yeah. It really was. But not every season can be stellar the whole way through I guess. Awkward plot and awkward cameos written in a weird fashion. Genndy still likes to perv out every now and then.

SHAKE IT, BAKE IT, BOOTY QUAKE IT

Oh, lol. Stupid childish comedy is stupid childish comedy.

If I thought it was trying to make a point about the sexualisation of young teenaged kids in anime then I'd give them a pass but 3 episodes in the jokes are starting to seem a way to serve unironic loli and the jokes just aren't that good.

Huh interesting, I guess that means the manga will definitely be over by next year then. Still can't see how they would do that in 4 episodes though, unless maybe they focus only on Arata stuff and ignore all the side character story shit. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The side character stuff has pretty much ruined the manga. It'd be better without it.

we all know every single one of you is going to keep watching that trash until he tries to fuck the girls or something, and then that's the point all of you pretend the show was always bad lmao

Though to be fair with another example such as Black Bullet, most of us were calling it trash before it got weird, then it just turned into REALLY weird trash.

caliph95

we all know every single one of you is going to keep watching that trash until he tries to fuck the girls or something, and then that's the point all of you pretend the show was always bad lmao

Though to be fair with another example such as Black Bullet, most of us were calling it trash before it got weird, then it just turned into REALLY weird trash.
I avoid harem shows but don't from what i heard just tease the audience until the end to keep interest with ship teases and waifu wars with a dash of self insert fantasy

For context I watch Prisma Illya so I'm not trying to claim any moral high ground, it's just boring on top of indulging the worst habits. Elf Yamada is fun in full on boasting mode but eh to the sister.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does holding hands count as sex?

To reproduce squids (or was it octopi?) hand off a spermatophore, basically a capsule of sperm, to the one they're mating with.

Which is to say yes, hand holding counts as sex given certain constraints.

Jarmel

Banned
To reproduce squids (or was it octopi?) hand off a spermatophore, basically a capsule of sperm, to the one they're mating with.

Which is to say yes, hand holding counts as sex given certain constraints.

An image from Prison School would also have sufficed as an answer.

Cornbread78

I avoid harem shows but don't from what i heard just tease the audience until the end to keep interest with ship teases and waifu wars with a dash of self insert fantasy

I enjoy most harems for the stupid fun they bring. They usually carry a light-hearted/ comedic tone that I can have fun watching. You can always route for the "best girl," but they will never "win," lol.

we all know every single one of you is going to keep watching that trash until he tries to fuck the girls or something, and then that's the point all of you pretend the show was always bad lmao.

Well yeah, that's usually the moral breaking point, lol. Jokes and teasing are one thing, but if they progress it, it's time to peace out.

Re-Creators - 03

I know everyone is pretty down on this show, but... idk this isn't as bad in my opinion as what people make it out to be. It sure isn't the second coming of Fate/Zero yet (if that even means anything) but it's a fairly enjoyable show.

Chindogg

I enjoy most harems for the stupid fun they bring. They usually carry a light-hearted/ comedic tone that I can have fun watching. You can always route for the "best girl," but they will never "win," lol.

Hey some make it. Like Highschool DxD, To Love-Ru, Strike The Blood, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom