• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PS4's Marketing Campaign: "Greatness Awaits"

DBT85

I can honestly say I've never seen a better ad in my lifetime than that. Then years later we got creepy looking little girls and crying babies. :/

Yep on both counts. I get why people want ads with gameplay in, but if they are going to omit it, this is the very best thing they can do instead.

Especially if they are trying to hark back to the PS2 era.

Arnie

I hate it when Sony does this big melee of gaming imagery, thinking that the sheer quantity of it all will bubble up into some great consumer frenzy. They did it with the Vita ads here, where there was some really strange mixed messages including World War Two battle scenes, and adventuring, and then some football just thrown in.

It's like making a meal with every ingredient you own because more stuff equals better taste. Sometimes the simpler ideas are better, unless you're going to have a baby crying again.

Advert spotted in this morning's metro

BLA5KJfCcAECUv0.jpg:large

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
European ad saying 2013 screams 2013 launch in Europe too, to me.

Sony has a knack for really bad slogans that seem like they come from the 80's or something.

I mean if you told me that slogan out of the blue I'd just know it was from Sony.

Fou-Lu

I don't know, I like this marketing direction. No one makes me feel pumped for gaming like Sony can, no matter how silly that sounds.

*Goes to watch the Kevin Butler E3 speech*

Deviation

Neo Member
I don't know, I like this marketing direction. No one makes me feel pumped for gaming like Sony can, no matter how silly that sounds.

*Goes to watch the Kevin Butler E3 speech*

It's too bad that thing went south for them. The Kevin Butler angle is some of the best advertising Sony's ever had and I think it's something they could have just kept doing forever.

This "Greatness Awaits" campaign looks like a sony ad, alright. It's... okay, I guess. But they could do so much better.

Top Bottom