• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Christian

So, I'm looking to play catch-up on some games I missed while focusing on the birth of my son. Now that I've played everything switch-related I've got, I'm looking at: Gal Gun, the Nonary Games for 999, Tokyo Xanadu, the Uwararetamono games, of which I have neither, and Trails of Cold Steel II, of which I have the first but haven't started. I'm leaning toward Tokyo Xanadu, despite the forthcoming Ex+ PS4 version being much improved, apparently, as I don't have a ton of time for home console games right now. WHAT SAY YOU VITAGAF. Is there anything not on my list that's even more essential?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hit a bit of a milestone for my collection this week. I've never went for a full collection of a console library before (though I was buying most Dreamcast games as they released during it's life). Something about the Vita just clicks with me though, so I've been working on it the last couple of years. I'd been dragging my feet on the last few pickups for a full current NA collection, but finally finished it off. When I ordered Tachyon Project from Play Asia, they had a deal on Ragnarok Odyssey for 11.99 for the NA version and it finally arrived. That left me with only needing Fifa 15, so I got that too. Now I just need to keep up with new releases going forward, which is kind of stressful given the limited nature of a lot of vita releases lately (don't get me started on kickstarter...).

To be fair, there are some I probably will never play, but the ratio of games that I'm interested in versus those I'm not is incredibly high on this system. I can't think of another console outside of the Dreamcast that I feel that way about. Anyway, I don't know many people that collect for the system outside of the forum and just felt like sharing with those that might be able to relate.

Congrats dude!
I'm 80% of the way there myself, but have slacked on some older games. Should probably get back to that before some of the rise in price even further.

NDPsycho

Congrats dude!
I'm 80% of the way there myself, but have slacked on some older games. Should probably get back to that before some of the rise in price even further.

Thanks! Nice progress yourself, I haven't kept up on prices for most of it in a while, but it looks like a lot is still pretty reasonable. I picked up quite a few of the games as they were being cleared out of retail. I only seem to remember having trouble finding a few (MMA, F1 and Madden come to mind...oh and Epic Mickey 2). I was lucky enough to have been there for LRG from the start, etc. I'm also working on unique English releases from the other regions that never released in NA, some of those were much harder to find for me anyway.

It's already lasted far longer than I expected it to, I just hope it hangs long enough for us to get the Persona Dancing games released physically next year.

i-Jest

No way to check other than the stock notices they give every now and then, which they said it was sub 50% on the 1st. Considering it's sold out on the EU store and hit 50% in the US that long ago, this is one that will likely sell out for them soon.

With that said, I honestly value the LE for this more than the one for DG2. The poster and novel book are more interesting than what is likely an incomplete soundtrack, not to mention I like the art for MS quite a bit more than DG.

Appreciate the input, I'll go for Mary Skelter first then.

oldmario

Shop to posted Yomawari Midnight Shadows up for pre-order on Vita for those only interested in getting just the game, it's priced at £24.85

Hit a bit of a milestone for my collection this week. I've never went for a full collection of a console library before (though I was buying most Dreamcast games as they released during it's life). Something about the Vita just clicks with me though, so I've been working on it the last couple of years. I'd been dragging my feet on the last few pickups for a full current NA collection, but finally finished it off. When I ordered Tachyon Project from Play Asia, they had a deal on Ragnarok Odyssey for 11.99 for the NA version and it finally arrived. That left me with only needing Fifa 15, so I got that too. Now I just need to keep up with new releases going forward, which is kind of stressful given the limited nature of a lot of vita releases lately (don't get me started on kickstarter...).

To be fair, there are some I probably will never play, but the ratio of games that I'm interested in versus those I'm not is incredibly high on this system. I can't think of another console outside of the Dreamcast that I feel that way about. Anyway, I don't know many people that collect for the system outside of the forum and just felt like sharing with those that might be able to relate.

i think i have around 60 or so games left to get and the real struggle is trying to get the lego/sports games cheap because i know they suck and they don't seem to be dropping below £10-15 a piece for the lego games and £20-25 for the sports games instead of being 99p like old sports games usually are

Wow. Doesn't it come out on the 22nd in EU? Maybe there's a day 1 patch.

i pre-ordered the LE and they sent it out for next day on tuesday, i think Nisa did this too who are under the same warehouse as iffy so i guess ordering directly from them helps you get it by wednesday

It got to the point where we had 3-4 pages over the course of entire months, making it not worth doing anymore. This has been Vitagaf for a while now.

wasn't it the shake up of platform centered threads that caused them to shut the PSN thread that and some of the mods really hated Vita and hated that it had pretty much became a Vita thread?

autoduelist

Congrats dude!

Will prices continue to rise as less people 'care' about the Vita? Hrm. I guess they will. And I guess some things like Breach & Clear are never going to get less rare.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thanks! Nice progress yourself, I haven't kept up on prices for most of it in a while, but it looks like a lot is still pretty reasonable. I picked up quite a few of the games as they were being cleared out of retail. I only seem to remember having trouble finding a few (MMA, F1 and Madden come to mind...oh and Epic Mickey 2). I was lucky enough to have been there for LRG from the start, etc. I'm also working on unique English releases from the other regions that never released in NA, some of those were much harder to find for me anyway.

It's already lasted far longer than I expected it to, I just hope it hangs long enough for us to get the Persona Dancing games released physically next year.

Yeah, prices aren't outrageous for the most part. Just a slight creep up for sealed games mainly.

I'm only missing a handful of the EU and Asian region titles in English.

Will prices continue to rise as less people 'care' about the Vita? Hrm. I guess they will. And I guess some things like Breach & Clear are never going to get less rare.

Certainly. Some games I've kept track up have crept up as stock has decreased.
Plenty of the titles I saw frequently on sale for $10 or less New have risen to $15, $20, $25+.

Obviously that's still less than original MSRP for the majority of titles, but it does show that there has been a shift.
Only a few games can go over MSRP in New or Used condition, but not by much.
And then there are the very rare titles that go for a lot.

Plenty of the titles I saw frequently on sale for $10 or less New have risen to $15, $20, $25+.

Obviously that's still less than original MSRP for the majority of titles, but it does show that there has been a shift.

The thing with the Vita is: apart from the complete lack of store shelf space for quite a while now in the majority of stores that offer video games, there's hardly a used market for it either (at least where I live), which is fairly odd. And which, I feel, makes it hard to predict what the future will bring when it comes to prices.

Nice! Will pick this one up!

Ditto. I'm quite excited, genuinely wasn't expecting that.

So, Zanki Zero is a drpg? Now I'm intrigued.

Although it looks better than I thought it was, I suspect it's gonna bomba in Japan and that'll kill any chances of a western physical release... on Vita. Just like Lost Child.

Shop to posted Yomawari Midnight Shadows up for pre-order on Vita for those only interested in getting just the game, it's priced at £24.85

Thanks for this. And also thank god. Didn't want to have to buy another LE with a load of crap that I just throw away.

So big info dump:

Battle Princess Madelyn trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW3txEdyDMw

Atelier Liddy & Soeur trailer

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/atelier-lydie-soeur-debut-trailer

Steins;Gate Elite trailer (hint: play the original instead):

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/steinsgate-elite-first-gameplay-video

13 mins of Virtual On gameplay (I am so unbelievably excited for this game)

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/13-minutes-certain-magical-virtual-gameplay

Bullet Girls Phantasia teaser

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/bullet-girls-phantasia-teaser-trailer

And Muv Luv Alternative has been rated by ESRB. Coming sooner than we thought?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35150&Title=Muv-Luv+Alternative

Shizuka

https://mobile.twitter.com/playasia/status/910806046159065089

Bullet Girls Phantasia is getting Asian/English release, apparently on Vita as well as PS4.

Did not expect that.

There's loads more news From TGS that I'll post soon if noone else does!

Excited.

Excited.

And Muv Luv Alternative has been rated by ESRB. Coming sooner than we thought?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35150&Title=Muv-Luv+Alternative

Very excited.

Ventara

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35150&Title=Muv-Luv+Alternative[/url]

giphy.gif

Shizuka

Honestly, I might legit cry whenever I get my Muv Luv Collector's Edition. It's been years since the Kickstarter
and my ex paid for mine.

autoduelist

So, Zanki Zero is a drpg? Now I'm intrigued.

is it coming west?

Yeah, prices aren't outrageous for the most part. Just a slight creep up for sealed games mainly.

I'm only missing a handful of the EU and Asian region titles in English.

Hmm. Cool. I actually own an unopened copy of Breach & Clear because I already owned/loved it digitally. Sometimes I consider opening it because the physical has patches that the digital copy needs [and will never get, i guess] for some trophies.

But then I checked the price, and was like, whelp, not opening that. Almost sold it. But I guess if the price can only go up, I might as well wait and maybe have it partially fund some other console when the time is right.

Saphirax

is it coming west?

Hmm. Cool. I actually own an unopened copy of Breach & Clear because I already owned/loved it digitally. Sometimes I consider opening it because the physical has patches that the digital copy needs [and will never get, i guess] for some trophies.

But then I checked the price, and was like, whelp, not opening that. Almost sold it. But I guess if the price can only go up, I might as well wait and maybe have it partially fund some other console when the time is right.

No announcement yet, but it probably will.

mollipen

https://mobile.twitter.com/playasia/status/910806046159065089

Bullet Girls Phantasia is getting Asian/English release, apparently on Vita as well as PS4.

After watch a video for it, even though I know what to expect, I can't not buy it.

I totally didn't have this on my radar, but it looks really interesting. DRPGs run hot & cold with me, but usually the ones I get into are the ones that do something a little different (like this seems to).

deadfolk

Everyone in this thread needs to pick up Steamworld Dig 2.

Heh. I've just done my usual trick of letting a game sit in my backlog forever, until the sequel comes out and then starting to play. I'll love it, but wont be able to face starting the new one just yet.

So the sequel will sit in my backlog until...

Well, you get the idea.

deanote666

My sister is playing Uta no Prince Sama Music 3 and can't figure out how to equip the outfits. She unlocked them and purchased them from the in-game store but can't get them to work. Same goes for the different backgrounds you can buy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bowl0l

My sister is playing Uta no Prince Sama Music 3 and can't figure out how to equip the outfits. She unlocked them and purchased them from the in-game store but can't get them to work. Same goes for the different backgrounds you can buy.

Any help would be appreciated.
If it's a physical cart, i would advise to check the region of the cart.

Top Bottom