• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

go ahead and find a new goalpost
https://abload.de/img/image1ndly2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

DATA SHOOTING!

wait, this isn't the wrasslin' thread.
But hey someone else who might corroborate my original theory before the changes dropped that "New Hog is likely to be better than people think".

Cappa

Banned
Not if you're ulting, I guess, but otherwise, it's pretty hard on consoles.

Im on console, and I dont have any issues taking care of an ulting mercy if Im Soldier. Im low diamond if that means anything.

I still think its more difficult to deal with a Pharah pocketed by Mercy on console(the DVA buff helps a ton), than an ulting mercy but thats just me.

Veelk

Banned
Cappa plays on console.

Well, then he must have extraordinary aim

I mean, okay, I've gotten her with some characters, but it feels like she has a very easy escape route by just flying up. Maybe Soldier and McCrees don't have as much of a problem, but landing 2 arrow shots with Hanzo on a character that can move in any directional dimension at any time with no conserved momentum isn't easy. If it were, Pharah wouldn't be as big a problem on consoles as she is, and she atleast has some commitment to momentum and no healthbar that isn't constantly regenerating.

Im on console, and I dont have any issues taking care of an ulting mercy if Im Soldier. Im low diamond if that means anything.

I still think its more difficult to deal with a Pharah pocketed by Mercy on console(the DVA buff helps a ton), than an ulting mercy but thats just me.

That explains it better, yeah. Soldier the long range, sustain hitscan is gonna have less of an issue targeting her. I don't play much soldier, so I just have a much harder time dealing with her.

Sec0nd

Guys. I got downgraded to platinum lol. I'm so embarrassed. I used to be top 200 on PS4 at some point. Took lots of long brakes and I got too burned on playing Tracer and Soldier for too long so I really do pick a lot of heroes I'm not that good at. And I'm usually the guy that switches to a tank or healer when we've got a team of 4 dps.

But this is honestly to embarrassing. I really should go back to insta-locking Tracer/Soldier.

I-hate-u

I feel bad for S4 and Adam who have been there since the start.

C9 went from NA to EU then said screw it, let's go Korean. Makes them lose their identity. I loved the OG C9 crew and I hope they show up somehow in OWL.

I am fiending for NRG news. Tired of the wait.

Cappa

Banned
Well, then he must have extraordinary aim

I mean, okay, I've gotten her with some characters, but it feels like she has a very easy escape route by just flying up. Maybe Soldier and McCrees don't have as much of a problem, but landing 2 arrow shots with Hanzo on a character that can move in any directional dimension at any time with no conserved momentum isn't easy. If it were, Pharah wouldn't be as big a problem on consoles as she is, and she atleast has some commitment to momentum and no healthbar that isn't constantly regenerating.

That explains it better, yeah. Soldier the long range, sustain hitscan is gonna have less of an issue targeting her. I don't play much soldier, so I just have a much harder time dealing with her.

Not even though, Mercys at diamond level have shit game awareness and are usually putting themselves in a situation to get focused on. Doesnt take much aim when your mercy is in the middle of a brawl surrounded by tanks and ridiculously easy to focus on.

Cant tell you how many times a Mercy ulting death pops up on the kill feed to a Junkrat concussion mine lol. Id understand if the Mercys at my level were smart and kept out of range and putting themselves in great position to get rezzes while still avoiding firing upon but in my experience hearing an ulting mercy just means everyone is on alert focusing said mercy and the Mercy is just in such a bad position shes dead in seconds.

Ive been playing alot of her just to learn positioning during rezzes and such, I mean, its so simple to avoid being focused on it boggles my mind how shitty game comprehension majority of mercys have at that level.

JWiLL

Banned
He actually seems like a cool dude, even if he does troll like that but I mean he does it in a fun way.

Hes not like that douchebag idqqd who just a complete dick, nothing is ever his fault lol. Hes a fucking monster DPS player but his personality is shit, cant believe he has such a big fan base.

Wait, what? IDDQD isn't that bad at all.

He might blame team mates a bit...but he's not wrong 99% of the time. Imagine being a pro player and going through the shit you see in ranked (even at GM/top500 level) when you're used to scrimming with other pros.

He's also a much better streamer than most pros in terms of chat interaction. Big reason for his fan base - other than the insane aim/tracking/movement.

I hope youre not saying iddqd is excused because hes a pro? lol

There are plenty of pros, with solid personalities out there. iddqd is a douchebag.

Jeez. You must have caught him at a bad time. Sinatraa is a douchebag. IDDQD just gets salty sometimes (which he's self aware about and has apologized to chat multiple times).

caesar

Banned
Guys. I got downgraded to silver lol. I'm so embarrassed. I used to be top 200 on PS4 at some point. Took lots of long brakes and I got too burned on playing Tracer and Soldier for too long so I really do pick a lot of heroes I'm not that good at. And I'm usually the guy that switches to a tank or healer when we've got a team of 4 dps.

But this is honestly to embarrassing. I really should go back to insta-locking Tracer/Soldier.

wait

what

what

LiK

It's not that hard to believe, imo. Gold games are complete trash tier for the most part.

You can either pick the 5th (or in some cases 6th) dps and attempt to carry and lose, or you can pick tank/heals and have your team scatter like roaches.

When I joined a few Gaffers who were in Gold and played with a majority of Gold players, the lack of game sense and trickling was just bewildering.

Cappa

Banned
Guys. I got downgraded to silver lol. I'm so embarrassed. I used to be top 200 on PS4 at some point. Took lots of long brakes and I got too burned on playing Tracer and Soldier for too long so I really do pick a lot of heroes I'm not that good at. And I'm usually the guy that switches to a tank or healer when we've got a team of 4 dps.

These sort of posts require a mention of your PSN username. :)

Sec0nd

wait

what

what

Oh crap. It's platinum. I thought that was actually silver. I might've had a really crooked view on the ranking system lol. I honestly thought platinum was silver and gold was bronze. I had to look it up lol.

And Cappa, it's The_Sec0nd_E. Is there a place where you can look up player like there was with Bungie.net and Halo back in the days?

LiK

Oh crap. It's platinum. I thought that was actually silver. I might've had a really crooked view on the ranking system lol. I honestly thought platinum was silver and gold was bronze. I had to look it up lol.

And Cappa, it's The_Sec0nd_E. Is there a place where you can look up player like there was with Bungie.net and Halo back in the days?

Silly bee

JWiLL

Banned

www.overbuff.com

www.masteroverwatch.com

...hmm, there's a couple more but I can't recall their names right now.

Overbuff is delayed right now so games aren't showing up fast enough. At least when I checked it out.
If anyone was looking for stat stuff also get into overtrack.

Cappa

Banned

https://www.overbuff.com/search?q=The_Sec0nd_E

Looks like you had a career high of somewhere around 3240 according to Overbuff which would be Diamond.

Top 500 can be a bit silly because Ive seen players who have a Top 500 emblem and their carreer high is like 3300 or something, it just means they climbed quicker at a rank "good enough" for top 500 in their region.

Not a knock on you at all, but that could be why you feel its a bigger drop. Its possible you were at a much higher rank but Overbuff only shows 3242 being your highest.

Wait, what? IDDQD isn't that bad at all.

He can't even see the enemy soldier.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintSullenPicklesTheThing

His laugh is pretty funny at least. I never watched his streams though, too many players already.

Top 500 can be a bit silly because Ive seen players who have a Top 500 emblem and their carreer high is like 3300 or something, it just means they climbed quicker at a rank "good enough" for top 500 in their region.

Yeah those are frequent.

Anne

I.I know the Master/GM players will squawk "You can do it. I was able to get up here by myself, no sweat!" But not everyone is lucky, as very much like the lottery, it can be unpredictable with what teammate you get in competitive.

I wouldn't call the players here who can get multiple accounts to GM in solo q every season "lucky."

Also Moon doing god's work

tMp85dM.png

Sec0nd

https://www.overbuff.com/search?q=The_Sec0nd_E

Looks like you had a career high of somewhere around 3240 according to Overbuff which would be Diamond.

Not a knock on you at all, but that could be why you feel its a bigger drop. Its possible you were at a much higher rank but Overbuff only shows 3242 being your highest.

Definitely not correct. I was at 4170ish.

Edit: To prove I'm not some lying scrub :(

Sec0nd

thats quite the drop then... lol Im going to assume just account decay.

Partly. Had a massive decay drop. Decided to play some more characters I suck at, such as Sombra. Dropped even more. Played a whole bunch of the new Hog, Junkrat, Mercy and D.Va because they are fun. Dropped even more lol. Now I can't even climb anymore even if I really try. I do actually notice myself being worse though. Which is kind of frustrating. But on the other hand, I don't play all that hardcore anymore so it's also somewhat liberating.

I am dying so much as new Mercy now. Also because of that i can't heal as much as i used to. :/
Play safe a bit. Tell them tanks to drop shield so you can build up. Then you can just valkryie and be safe unless you die from a hanzo arrow. That's what I be telling them and they actually do it lol. One day I'm going to tell them to jump off the cliff and I'll res them

Schlep

Sec0nd: looking at your overbuff, you should stop trying to play tanks and support lol. You're actually right above the range that's really hard to climb out of (2600-2800) so if you go back to Tracer/76 you shouldn't have an issue getting back up to GM, I would think. If you do drop into that range, godspeed to you.

Man Overwatch players are weird. One match they'll complain that no one will play support, the next match they complain that there are too many Mercy players.

i'm pretty sure he's earnestly playing mercy and not throwing, so i don't see why it would be

no i wasn't talking about him. i was talking about people he influence to start doing that in their game. i'm sure there's probably people who don't play mercy just going to instalock for this reason.

Sec0nd: looking at your overbuff, you should stop trying to play tanks and support lol. You're actually right above the range that's really hard to climb out of (2600-2800) so if you go back to Tracer/76 you shouldn't have an issue getting back up to GM, I would think. If you do drop into that range, godspeed to you.

I've been in the 2600-2800 for my entire Overwatch career lmao.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder when that new Hog skin is supposed to hit. It would be odd for him to have two legendaries in the Halloween event and I figured he'd have ti for Junkertown's release a la eichen

oh god its gonna be a hots skin

Blues1990

I wonder when that new Hog skin is supposed to hit. It would be odd for him to have two legendaries in the Halloween event and I figured he'd have ti for Junkertown's release a la eichen

oh god its gonna be a hots skin

What makes you so certain that it's going to be a skin for Stitches? Especially since Stitches has other abilities that clash with Roadhog's overall design.

Top Bottom