• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

thefil

Speaking of the updater...

Over the past two days, I've been pretty consistently uploading at 50-60KBps and downloading at 0-6KBps.

Torrents aren't fair. :(

Ceebs

thefil said:
Speaking of the updater...

Over the past two days, I've been pretty consistently uploading at 50-60KBps and downloading at 0-6KBps.

Torrents aren't fair. :(
That is exactly the speeds I am getting, yet almost any other torrent I download will max out my internet connection while downloading. Something is up with their tracker I would guess.

zlatko

Banned
So any idea on when the PS3 beta will rear it's majestic head? I've been out of the loop on the game and somewhat reserving mystery for myself to be even more blown away.

This is still my most anticipated game since ever, and I hope to get to play it this summer. :D

Sacha

zlatko said:
So any idea on when the PS3 beta will rear it's majestic head? I've been out of the loop on the game and somewhat reserving mystery for myself to be even more blown away.

This is still my most anticipated game since ever, and I hope to get to play it this summer. :D

There's still PC-only Alpha 2 and Beta 1 to go through. If I remember correctly, PS3 users should join the fun with Beta 2.

DrDogg

zlatko said:

I'd guess August for PS3. Honestly I'm fine with the wait. I don't want to play a super incomplete version of the game. I'd much rather play a 24-hour, near final version.

daebo

Just got my invite at 4 am. It says it has a start date of June 9th. So excited. Only downside, I'm going on a business trip for two weeks starting June 13th :(

Arzehn

daebo said:
Just got my invite at 4 am. It says it has a start date of June 9th. So excited. Only downside, I'm going on a business trip for two weeks starting June 13th :(

Does it say Alpha or Beta on your time schedule thing?

Eliciel

DrDogg said:
I'd guess August for PS3. Honestly I'm fine with the wait. I don't want to play a super incomplete version of the game. I'd much rather play a 24-hour, near final version.

Will there be anything like a beta-signup for PS3 Beta? Or will it work different?

daebo

Anomarad said:
Does it say Alpha or Beta on your time schedule thing?

it says "Applicants selected as testers will be eligible to participate with the beginning of the second stage of the Alpha Test. We hope that you will continue to assist us in improving the game throughout the entirety of the Alpha and Beta Tests."

and

"* The official testers' site will become available for login on Wednesday, June 9, 2010. If you are unable to log in, please try again later."

I didn't see a time slot yet, can't log into the site... I'm at work now. So, it looks like alpha 2?

I did find this funny...

"Reporting Bugs

There is no need for those chosen in this round of tester selection to submit bug reports. Instead, we ask that you focus your efforts on providing feedback regarding the game content and balance."

They don't want bugs reported... just balance and content...

No45

Got an invite this morning. I've never played FFIX, only MMOs I've played to any great extent are CoH are WoW. Looking forward to giving it a try though.

Don't suppose anyone knows whether being in the PC beta is likely to exclude you from the PS3 one? I suspect I'll pick this up on PS3 rather than PC (Maybe both if I get into it enough).

"It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected for the role of FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Tester.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Requested testing platform: Windows PC"

Did not see this one coming :eek:

Runus

I got in, mine says June 9th. Kind of surprising since I haven't played 11 in many years. But who am I to complain. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Funny how so many people got invite... but not the hardcore XI-players.

Ricker

Don`t want to be a negative Nancy but I will be very surprised if the PS3 launches this year,which is the beta I applied for(I don`t remember if the application through FFXIII included a chance to get in the PC beta`s).

Roland

So is it not up for the new wave of invites?

I try to login to the URL they provided and get,
"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

It does say June 9th... but man.

LaneDS

Roland said:
So is it not up for the new wave of invites?

I try to login to the URL they provided and get,
"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

It does say June 9th... but man.

Worry not. You can login June 9th, and until then, it will make you think at every possible instance that you are not actually in the beta.

Ceebs

No45 said:
Is it possible to start downloading the client before we're able to login to the site?
Yeah. There is an upload of the client someone graciously posted in the topic in the online forum. Download that and start patching. Seems they got whatever their tracker issues were resolved as well as my patch speed went from like 6k per second up to the usual download speed last night.

thefil

The client download can take FOREVER, so start is ASAP even if you can't log in till much later. Don't make my mistake :(.

For some reason it never lets me log-in to register my code for the beta... saying that my e-mail address isn't associated with a S-E members account or something. O K.

LaneDS

daebo said:
Are these still time play's or can we play all we want and no time limit?

Still specific four hour blocks per region, probably that way until beta 1 starts. Next test is tomorrow.

chapel

Banned
I have been loosely following this game. Signed up for the beta when it was first announced.

Got in! What are the time slots usually for play?

I use osx, so guess its a reason to install windows again.

Roland

SlaughterX said:
For some reason it never lets me log-in to register my code for the beta... saying that my e-mail address isn't associated with a S-E members account or something. O K.
You mean that FFXIII code? I don't know, make a new SE account. They seem to have some new changes in their membership system a while ago.

KrawlMan

Khrno said:
Shouldn't worry, this is still the same Alpha build. The real Beta (new build) won't start until at least July, and then everyone else (not just long-time FFXI players) will get invites too.

I just got into the Beta and I've never played FFXI. Just a heads up for anybody else in a similar situation.

DrDogg

voady said:
Will there be anything like a beta-signup for PS3 Beta? Or will it work different?

It's the same application as the PC alpha/beta.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/

Ricker said:
Don`t want to be a negative Nancy but I will be very surprised if the PS3 launches this year,which is the beta I applied for(I don`t remember if the application through FFXIII included a chance to get in the PC beta`s).

I'm not sure why everything thinks the PS3 version is any less important than the PC version. Yes, SE has stated that the PC is the lead platform, but the PS3 is an important platform for this game, especially given the current state of the MMO market.

I personally expect the PS3 beta to begin in August or Sept, with a simultaneous retail release sometime before the end of the year. I also expect an Xbox version with the first expansion.

Teknoman

Salaadin said:
Is there a website I can go to other than the SE ID one to see if I got in or am I stuck waiting and praying for an email?

Nope. S-E ID or Email, nothing else. I mean you could try downloading the client and then logging in...but thats probably the same as looking at the ID site.

Also still nothing here. At least I know someone got in that signed up with a hotmail/msn address.

Oh shit I was faked out! :lol I saw the Dues Ex email and thought 'fuck this' then looked down a little bit more and saw 'FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Tester Selection Announcement' I'm in bitches!
I thought I wouldn't have a chance considering I'm in Aus but that's apparent'y not the case.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, is this a newer beta application than what's been out for awhile? I signed up for it a few weeks ago, used the promo code from FFXIII. Would it be a waste of time signing up again?

DrDogg

Lonestar said:
So, is this a newer beta application than what's been out for awhile? I signed up for it a few weeks ago, used the promo code from FFXIII. Would it be a waste of time signing up again?

It's the same application.

Click

Banned
I might have to double dip just like I did with FFXI.
PS3 version for casual play / camping. PC version for HNMs / boss fights and screenshots / video captures.

I hope they will give us an official release date at E3.

LaneDS

Click said:
I might have to double dip just like I did with FFXI.
PS3 version for casual play / camping. PC version for HNMs / boss fights and screenshots / video captures.

I hope they will give us an official release date at E3.

I'm hoping you'll be able to buy the PS3 version, and with your S-E Account have access to download the PC client through their system, giving you access to either version. Given the way the alpha is distributed (via some kind of torrent downloader), it may happen, but I won't hold my breath.

Here's hoping the PS3 version isn't nearly as gimpy as the PS2 version of XI was in comparison. That one seared the eyes with ugly. I expect the XIV on the PS3 to be pretty competent.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I wonder which timezone I should camp for being able to log in on June 7th on the European site :lol

Vlodril

Got picked also. First time :lol

Mine says 9th. Can you log in before the time comes to the site or the account is activated on the date it says?

No45

Vlodril said:
Got picked also. First time :lol

Mine says 9th. Can you log in before the time comes to the site or the account is activated on the date it says?
I've tried a couple of times to login through the website and it doesn't let me. Haven't tried the client itself yet (Which finally downloaded after about 36 hours).

EDIT: Just tried the client, same error message.

No45 said:
I've tried a couple of times to login through the website and it doesn't let me. Haven't tried the client itself yet (Which finally downloaded after about 36 hours).

EDIT: Just tried the client, same error message.

How can you download the client? Dont you get it after logging in?

Top Bottom