• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drakengard 3 - 1st Promotion Video Trailer

Itachi87

wth is up w/ her eye?

Drakengard3.jpg

Yuterald

Looks UH-mazing. Need this. Announce an NA release date and I'll make the rest of the endings I haven't seen yet in Drakengard I & II a priority, lol!

I personally would like to see Kaim's costume or Furiae's.
Kainé was an amazing character but as far as her costume goes, while her hairstyle was lovely and her shoes pretty cool everything in between was good for the goddamn furnace.

Also, that cutesy voice was the dragon? I thought it was One!!!

Zero looks much better than the entire XV cast.

What's striking to me in terms of differences is how Zero looks like a fantasy character while XV seems to be approaching boy band territory.

Maybe that's a side effect of having a more modern setting, at least in terms of clothing/weaponry although there's still some fantastical elements mixed in.

Pejo

Looks just like I'd expect. Those early PSP-esque looking screens have to be from the controllable dragon parts. You could definitely see a loss of visual fidelity during that part on the video, and even the performance took a hit. That said, idgaf, will purchase this if it makes it stateside. As others have said, would love a Drakengard 1+2 re-release beforehand.

dramatis

Probably hundreds of years old and all that.
If I'm not mistaken the numbered girls are supposed to be goddesses, so yeah, she would be hundreds of years old. Zero is the traitorous older sister who is disrupting the world order established by her younger siblings, so it's a quest for world destruction? I haven't been following the news on this game, it's just what I get as the gist of the trailer.

I don't like sexualized character designs, but that the same time the designs seem interesting. Looking forward to how this pans out.

Cavia must have had somebody who is friends with Wada or something, either that or Wada genuinely has a soft spot for Cavia games. I can't believe this got greenlit without some kind of favoritism from Wada before he left.

If I'm not mistaken the numbered girls are supposed to be goddesses, so yeah, she would be hundreds of years old. Zero is the traitorous older sister who is disrupting the world order established by her younger siblings, so it's a quest for world destruction? I haven't been following the news on this game, it's just what I get as the gist of the trailer.

I don't like sexualized character designs, but that the same time the designs seem interesting. Looking forward to how this pans out.

Cavia must have had somebody who is friends with Wada or something, either that or Wada genuinely has a soft spot for Cavia games. I can't believe this got greenlit without some kind of favoritism from Wada before he left.
Wada liked Nier, or something like that.

CSX

CG is nice.

Framerate drop in trailer is not so hot.

Big question is if Dark Id does a LP of this assuming it comes over lol

Christhor

After E3, I was really excited for FFXV, but this game totally stole all of my attention now with this trailer. This will be one of the greatest piss poor quality games of the generation. B3lieve

iavi

If only this game look like the CG my god.

Zero is seeming like a complete badass. I need dat localization. Bad.

If only this game look like the CG my god.

Zero is seeming like a complete badass. I need dat localization. Bad.
If a game looked like this CG, we would all self-combust with hype. #teamagni

Graphics look much better than screenshots indicated. Combat looks fun. Localize this please Square.

Chicks with flower eyes and alabaster skin are hot. Love the dragon design.

zkylon

zkylewd
∀ Narayan;67643236 said:
Maybe it has something to do with the pact she makes with her dragon, or something?

dragon pacts in the drakengard universe (at least in drake1) demand a sacrifice.

for instance the protagonist of drake1 loses his voice in order to merge his soul with his dragon's.

so yeah, flower thing is most likely a side-effect of a dragon pact

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cg is awesome, she is hot and graphics look better than expected, but it still looks like a terrible game imo.

This is easily my most anticipated game. As long as it continues the bizarre storytelling style of the first Drakengard and Nier, which it sounds like it does so far, I'll be there day 1. I just hope it gets localized.

Is there a translation of the trailer anywhere?

Taruranto

This looks cool. I wish Sony would put up the first two Drakengard games on PSN - I really want to play them.

edit: Keiichi Okabe is on board, Nier has the best OST of the generation in my opinion. What are the chances of this being localized?

You don't want to play the first Drakengard game, believe me.

Helloween

Is the first one worth waiting for and playing or is it better to just watch it on youtube or whatever?

Its worth playing for the experience, just not for the gameplay...like at all. Its really janky, controls like a greased pig and wants you to grind for hours to get anything done. The music, story and characters however are 1 of a kind

I haven't played it myself, but people who have say the combat is really annoying. I watched a Let's Play of it for the story, which was definitely worth it.

Top Bottom