• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Derrick01

Banned
Let's be realistic though. Just how much of a nightmare is playing this on PS3 going to be with Rockstar's history and how ambitious this seems to be? I admit I am really not looking forward to seeing but if there's no PC on day 1 then I'm not left with much of a choice. I'm not waiting 6 extra months to play what could be San Andreas 2.

Dabanton

They can still discuss ports in this thread since there's zero other info, but the Game Informer cover and information threads will be met with deletes and/or bans depending on severity (yes that applies to you too PC GAF).

And that's fair enough.

People can't say they were not warned and yet I'm still expecting 20+ bans in that Game Informer thread.

Pranay

Let's be realistic though. Just how much of a nightmare is playing this on PS3 going to be with Rockstar's history and how ambitious this seems to be? I admit I am really not looking forward to seeing but if there's no PC on day 1 then I'm not left with much of a choice. I'm not waiting 6 extra months to play what could be San Andreas 2.

Max Payne 3 was a great ps3 port.

However since its an open world and quite ambitious i am concerned a bit as well. Hopefully we get to see gameplay video etc from ps3 version

Look at that logo, gotta love Rockstar.

ifruitrockstargtavyio7l.png

People will go nuts and bananas over GTAV.

Mr.Fresh

I don't know I had no problems with GTA , LA Noire , Max Payne, or Red Dead and I played them all on PS3 . But then again I only notice frame rates in action games like dmc.

But I do remember Max Payne and La Noire being pretty good technically on PS3.

Derrick01

Banned

However since its an open world and quite ambitious i am concerned a bit as well. Hopefully we get to see gameplay video etc from ps3 version

Yeah max payne's performance can't be counted as it was an on rails game almost. RDR and GTA 4 were known to be pretty terrible on PS3 and that's what has me worried. How much can they push out of 256mb of RAM?

Hardly required. With the exception of the two PSP ones, which were ported to PS2, the PC has had all console GTA games. It will come, probably a few months later, but it's not a question of luck, unlike those Wii U posts.

Which is what i meant.

I'd rather double dip than wait months on end for a game of this (more thank likely) calibre. Last thing i need is all my mates spaghettiing about it around me.

BlackJace

Hardly required. With the exception of the two PSP ones, which were ported to PS2, the PC has had all console GTA games. It will come, probably a few months later, but it's not a question of luck, unlike those Wii U posts.

Thank you. With all of the heavy hitters coming in that timeframe, I'll be more than satisfied with waiting it out.

I can't wait to see the improvements. The episodes of GTAIV put to shame a lot of full games out there. I also liked IV but the episodes were better. RDR is still the best and I expect GTA V to take that crown.

Dabanton

I don't know I had no problems with GTA , LA Noire , Max Payne, or Red Dead and I played them all on PS3 . But then again I only notice frame rates in action games like dmc.

Yep both those games were good on PS3 LA Noire especially that's why I picked up the PS3 version.

The trouble comes when you play the PS3 version of a R* open world game and then see or play the 360 one. I still remember my friend being confused by how 'better' the 360 version of RDR looked compared to his PS3 one.

meganova

Neo Member
"In the USA and some other regions in the Northern Hemisphere, the astronomical March equinox (currently around 21 March) is often taken to mark the first day of spring, and the Northern solstice is sometimes taken as the first day of summer (usually 21 June in the Northern Hemisphere)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(season)

Hatten

Awesome, I really hope its in early March and not May

However:

Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

Without nextgen consoles or a PC version how are they planning to deliver "unprecedented scale and detail"?

GTAIV was already downgraded a bit to run well in consoles and that was almost 5 years ago!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Awesome, I really hope its in early March and not May

However:

Without nextgen consoles or a PC version how are they planning to deliver "unprecedented scale and detail"?

GTAIV was already downgraded a bit to run well in consoles and that was almost 5 years ago!
Depths of the ocean?

DIVING IS BACK OH YEAH

If I remember correctly there was zero gameplay footage (outside of the official trailers) until the game was released. I remember finding a stream the day before release and that was the first time I'd seen the HUD etc

Linkhero1

Will wait and see if they announce a Wii U port of the game. If not, I'll just pick it up for the 360. Do we have anymore info than just the setting of the game?

Goldrusher

Look at that logo, gotta love Rockstar.

ifruitrockstargtavyio7l.png

People will go nuts and bananas over GTAV.
ahahahahaha!

I had not noticed that. Thats great!

You guys obviously haven't played GTAIV.

(or any of the PSP games)

Fruit was first mentioned in Liberty City Stories and had an ad in the Vice City Stories manual.
It was then featured in GTAIV in the form of billboards, a warehouse and a website in-game.
Chinatown Wars' menu was a Fruit smartphone.

Tr4nce

Woohoo!!! Awesome. I'm so glad the big word is out now. And what is it with these artworks? They look really great IMO. Atmospheric and colorful. Another week until the GI GTA article. Yeah!

Reiko

Banned

Well one is a linear romp like Uncharted, and the other is not even part of the RAGE engine.

Just hope for the best this time around.

Top Bottom