• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 slim leaked banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
infinityBCRT said:
You can probably move most/all of your important data via a USB stick

Completely forgot about this. Awesome. I'll probably do that.

I'm also hoping that in the process of upgrading it'll come with Natal. That way if Natal turns out to not totally suck (doubtful) then I will probably save some cash on getting it. Buying it bundled with a new console would probably be cheaper than buying the new console and then adding Natal later.

Xater

Haha Microsoft stuff had to leak at some point. Funny that's again the Italien department that might be responsible. I think it was 2 years ago when we got the full press release before the conference even started. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Speevy said:
The new Xbox Dent.

Put a dent in your living room today.
Make a DENT in the Wii Market

I mean that's the aim, right? Do you think this will help them do that?

Foil

- Silent.
- Reliable.
- Smaller.
- Require less power.
- Not sound like the jet landing scene from Wayne's World.
- Have a good sized HDD included (give us some fucking value for once).

Do that and the overall look won't really bother me, even if that picture is ugly. Looks like somebody smashed it with a metal pole. Might just be the angle though. MS and Sony both went the semi-ugly route with their slim designs, maybe ugly is hot right now?

Atleast the console isn't as ugly as the new case designs. Now that's what I call ugly.

Headhunter

Neo Member
Lets be honest, how often do you stare at your PS3 or X360. I mean I play videogames not looking at my console all the time.

If this thing has build in WiFi and 250 GB HD and this thing is quiter, that's enough for me to get a new one :)

I really don't care if this thingie looks ugly, build in PSU would be awesome, let's hope so.

Ashes

Banned
D4Danger said:
atdmt.com redirects to atlassolutions.com

hke3q.gif
That does it. I'm calling real on this leak.

Lunchbox

Banned
companies need to stick to their original design this gen

the ps3slim looks shit next to my old shiny fat
this looks ugly compared to the current 360s

FrankT

The Wii and Alienware comments seem on track really. Kind of the first vibe I had.

I like the design itself, but let's see that size. Too big and almost no reason to upgrade. Also see how it looks horizontal. It's going to be interesting to see what they call it.

If this is the real deal, then my E3 happiness curve point of origin is below zero. And assuming such, what happened to this "only 3 execs know about the 360 press conference" "Microsoft E3 on lockdown" etc...

WrikaWrek

Banned
Headhunter said:
Lets be honest, how often do you stare at your PS3 or X360. I mean I play videogames not looking at my console all the time.

If this thing has build in WiFi and 250 GB HD and this thing is quiter, that's enough for me to get a new one :)

I really don't care if this thingie looks ugly, build in PSU would be awesome, let's hope so.

Lets be honest here. Why go uglier when you redesign something?

Xater said:
Haha Microsoft stuff had to leak at some point. Funny that's again the Italien department that might be responsible.

I think it's the fault of MicroSoft's AdGuys. They probably wanted to activate the Ad for the day AFTER the Natal event. But it seems like they didn't consider, that this day starts in Europe before even the event started.

Pimpbaa

I wonder if there has been a controller redesign as well. Like a useable d-pad and built in li-ion polymer battery.

V_Ben

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Make a DENT in the Wii Market

I mean that's the aim, right? Do you think this will help them do that?

DENT the reputation of your brand.

If it's cheaper, then yes. If natal is overpriced, then no.

soldat7 said:
I got kids man, kids. Luckily, that's the worst they've done. I have friends whose kids have stuck Ritz crackers in there.

Not as bad as the middle aged woman who put a credit card in there to buy Wii points.

Branduil

Wallach said:
There aren't any real advantages to slot loading drives aside from aesthetics though. Doesn't surprise me they would ignore it given that doesn't seem to be the biggest thing on their list.
Slot-loaders are much more convenient when the console is vertical.

Ahah, you can see what I mean in the youtube vid. Watch the start carefully and you can see that it's all wrong... and the vents just sort of appear after the spin animation.

Will have to wait for the real thing I guess.

Gattsu25

Banned
Bungieware said:
If this is the real deal, then my E3 happiness curve point of origin is below zero. And assuming such, what happened to this "only 3 execs know about the 360 press conference" "Microsoft E3 on lockdown" etc...
Their ad partners fucked up on the UTC time conversion for the ad's visibility date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom