• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

On that note the dungeon you visit as a penultimate part of the quest is annoying - the bosses have dumb aggro range with mismatched abilities (yeah, because low aggro range with "phase shift" ability in a small hallway is such a good idea). I farmed 10 keys on 4 bosses. -_-

Wait, the bosses respawn? I went and hunted them down one by one because I assumed there were 10 different bosses who each had a key.

Spyware

Wait, the bosses respawn? I went and hunted them down one by one because I assumed there were 10 different bosses who each had a key.
They respawn and get their key back if you restart, but you also keep the keys you have. So you can kill one boss ten times, all bosses one time or anything in between if you leave the place :)

Dizzy-4U

I still can't go into super glide mode consistently without both the griffon and my character going into T-pose. Why haven't they fixed this yet?

Taffer

That collection doesn't really have you doing much that's terribly interesting - find this and press F, do this event, buy this collectible - bog standard collection objectives all round.
Then you go into a perverted story instance and fight enemies not seen outside of parts of spooky Kryta that have bounty mutations, it's a treat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do any of you have experience with reclaiming accounts that have been banned as a result of account compromise? A buddy of mine who hasn't played in a few months tried to log in yesterday, only to find that his account had been "terminated" due to it being apparently hacked by gold sellers. Apparently there are no phone options for this, and at this point he's just waiting for an email response.

Indignate

That collection doesn't really have you doing much that's terribly interesting - find this and press F, do this event, buy this collectible - bog standard collection objectives all round.
Then you go into a perverted story instance and fight enemies not seen outside of parts of spooky Kryta that have bounty mutations, it's a treat.

It was actually the first collection that I cared anything about by the end of it when I realized I was
bringing the sunspears back together or whatever it was that I did.
Of course, I didn't figure this out until the very end cuz I didn't pay attention to any of the shit I was doing before that.

I'm not even sure what they can do to make collections interesting, but it was neat to see them tie a story around this one.

This game has some serious bugs, if you change elite specs on a mount it will bug the spec weapon and make unusable until map change, happen to me twice on my Thief in 2 days..

They respawn and get their key back if you restart, but you also keep the keys you have. So you can kill one boss ten times, all bosses one time or anything in between if you leave the place :)

I never thought to leave the instance, hahah. I just kept running around until I had enough keys. One of the bosses had that healing mist trait and I could not kill him. I got him down to a sliver and I swear he summoned an army of those healing mist things, and then he was full.

Massicot

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/10634/game-update-notes-october-17-2017

Lots of stuff about new achveiements for the seasonal stuff, bug fixes. This seems like it could be pretty major though

64-bit clients: Added support for DPI-aware UI scaling. There is now an option in graphics settings to enable/disable it.
Updated cursor art to support DPI-aware UI scaling.

Edit: nooooooooo muh clovers

The number of mystic clovers given out by the final box has been reduced to 2 on the repeatable version of the reward track.

Sonicbug

MAC CLIENT

App will now bounce in the Dock when maps finish loading, PvP queues pop, etc.

The Ambient Occlusion issue, which was inadvertently causing a glow effect around the player in certain lighting, has been fixed.
Ambient Occlusion no longer can get stuck and cause a copy of the occlusion effect to remain present on-screen.
More full-screen resolutions are now available.
Fixed a bug that was preventing the mouse cursor from showing in some circumstances in the crash handler.

FINALLY. Stupid ambient occlusion dumbness. Mac client is in a really good place right now. Also, I'm so happy they added stuff back into Halloween festivities. This following the expansion, everything is in a really good place.

The new medium Lunatic set looks cool and I really love the Light Armor Lunatic set.

That said, holy fuck did Scourge get the nerf bat. 30% DPS decrease in PvE easy. Little change to the actual effectiveness in PvP and WvW. Not the most well thought out of changes to say the least.

StarVigil

I haven't really played the game since season 1. Picked up HoT and PoF and started doing the PoF story for the mounts.
2 Questions: Anything worth doing at the Halloween event? If yes, what and why :D
Also, what's the gearing up like now? I still use my old exotic stuff. But now there's ascended and legendary armor as well? Should I just continue the story for now and worry about that later or is there anything that I can pick up easily?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
I haven't really played the game since season 1. Picked up HoT and PoF and started doing the PoF story for the mounts.
2 Questions: Anything worth doing at the Halloween event? If yes, what and why :D
Also, what's the gearing up like now? I still use my old exotic stuff. But now there's ascended and legendary armor as well? Should I just continue the story for now and worry about that later or is there anything that I can pick up easily?

I can speak to question 2:

- Exotic is still fine to use when getting started for almost all end-game content. Rotation and build is vastly more important than the slight stat jump up to Ascended.

- There's new legendary armor from both Raiding and WvW. (Different sets, with different unique looks!) Ascended+legendary armor is great in that it's account-bound, so you can swap it to other characters on your account anytime. Both require significant investment to earn, but you can get free ascended gear along the road to both types.

- Path of Fire story is pretty great, so would recommend finishing it!

1. Halloween is great. There are new armor sets and you can get a free one for doing all the big activities for it. There's also a unique back piece you can get for doing achievements. Not only that, but Mad King's Labyrinth trains are actually quite profitable, especially since you're unlikely to have much gold right now.

2. When it comes to gearing, you're going to decide what build you want and gear out exotics for it. Exotic weapons will get you through most things in the game. Ascended items are better than Exotic, but you should treat them as an optional long term goal for enthusiasts.

Legendary has the same stat totals as Ascended, but the stat types and runes can be freely switched. The raid version of the legendary armor is the most prestigious looking armor in the game and have cool animations when you draw and stow weapons. It's a reward for extremely enthusiast raiders. There are legendary armors for PvP and WvW but they don't have the unique skins.

So basically only worry about Legendary equipment if you actually get into raids and get really into them.

If you're looking for builds qtfy is the best place to go for PvE, though Metabattle had access to some builds that are really good that qtfy isn't going to list like Healing Elementalist which is the best class at carrying groups through high end fractals.

Wanderer5

It is nice to be able to get that backpiece again (I deleted my old one D:) and the new cosmos effect one looks neat. I kind of wish the new armor were completely new through, rather then lets halloween-ize this old set heh.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I didn't know I deleted my Tale of Judgment, thankfully support ticket gave me another one within 12 hours.

That collection needs to be fixed though, as apparently I'm not the only one who had that problem.

Wanderer5

I didn't know I deleted my Tale of Judgment, thankfully support ticket gave me another one within 12 hours.

That collection needs to be fixed though, as apparently I'm not the only one who had that problem.

Which collection?

Oh speaking of something that needed to be fixed, got a mail from Anet that included the Banner of Ancient Elona that was suppose to be given from the epilogue.

Massicot

Can the banners be infused yet? I used one to select a PoF stat (Grieving) but it means I run an agony slot short when using it.

I guess I could shuffle around legendary backpieces, but bleh.

Ashodin

ahhh I missed halloween, and there's so much to do this year!

They really did a great job updating a lot.

Lunatic Inquisition is back, which had been gone FOREVER. I like the moba style gameplay

Hm having to repair the data archive.

Wanderer5

Oh nice, there is a weapon set to check out if you do dailies.

Also:

fNxOvLTl.png

Well congrats Trahearne, as you apparently got one now.XD

Mini Forgal and Sieran too! Think I will use some of my mini tickets.

Spyware

ahhh I missed halloween, and there's so much to do this year!

They really did a great job updating a lot.

Lunatic Inquisition is back, which had been gone FOREVER. I like the moba style gameplay

Hm having to repair the data archive.
Are you thinking of Reaper's Rumble from 2012? That one isn’t back :/

I need bank slots. PoF has quiet a lot i'm finding myself needing to store.

Neat how this year you can get a full set of exotic gear for little work. Got 5/6 in like an hour, not too shabby.

Went with the medium set, which looks like a themed re-texture, but the light looks ok too. Heavy is trash.

Was hyped for the mounts, but man, $20 for a set of mount skins is harsh.

Boss Doggie

Which collection?

Oh speaking of something that needed to be fixed, got a mail from Anet that included the Banner of Ancient Elona that was suppose to be given from the epilogue.

The Litany collection (I think this is the funerary shoulders?). Basically you get a "Tale of x" for doing an event, then you trade it to Elisa for Blessing of x. If you're not paying attention you could pretty much delete the Tale of x item because you'd think it's already in your collection, but turns out you need it in your inventory because you have to trade that one single item!

It's really frustrating when you have a similar collection (the one for the coat) that doesn't need you to hold the item, as you need to consume it to add to the collection.

Speaking of which the only ones I need to do are the leggings (the tribute collection) and the coat.

Morokh

What do I do with all this food that comes with trick-or-treat bags? Inventory Wars 2 is real

Some of them are nice MF foods and you get so much I usually have enough till the year after.

Was hyped for the mounts, but man, $20 for a set of mount skins is harsh.

They went the greedy route to incentivize people to buy a pricy pack.
They would have been better off doing the pack with the discount and have separate skins on the side even at full price.
Would have triggered some impulse buys for sure.

j-wood

So this is my first Mad King event since the first one before any expansions.

1. Will I get a different item for doing the clock tower climb? I still have the old mad king slippers from back in the day.

2. The labrinth you just run around in groups and kill stuff to get bags of loot basically right? and carving pumpkins

3. Whats the best way for me to make money now? I'm down to like 5 gold :(

4. Where should i be using the item that's fueled by candy corn and is for tracking down mad king pages?

This game is so great, I love it. I'm finally almost through LWS2 and then I can start in on the HoT story. i'm wondering if I should just do the first part of HoF though to get my mount.

Freeman76

So this is my first Mad King event since the first one before any expansions.

1. Will I get a different item for doing the clock tower climb? I still have the old mad king slippers from back in the day.

2. The labrinth you just run around in groups and kill stuff to get bags of loot basically right? and carving pumpkins

3. Whats the best way for me to make money now? I'm down to like 5 gold :(

4. Where should i be using the item that's fueled by candy corn and is for tracking down mad king pages?

This game is so great, I love it. I'm finally almost through LWS2 and then I can start in on the HoT story. i'm wondering if I should just do the first part of HoF though to get my mount.

Are you in the GAF guild?

I will help you out with some money if you are struggling.

Boss Doggie

Fuck this treasure hunt tribute I'll just bring my 5 characters to the site for two days.

Also anyone wanna explain to me how the two griffon masteries work? I can dive but I can't seem to do the upwards curve and the burst speed with wing flap.

Top Bottom