• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

etta

my hard graphic balls
Speaking of delisted games, Forza Horizon 1 is back on the store it seems?
So they sorted out the licensing?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah thought so, though I do hope they try and re-license some of the older Forza games some day. (Probably will never happen but a man can dream)

It's strange because I saw it on the console last night, browsing the Xbox 360 catalogue. It showed "buy a copy" there as well, while other games that aren't available for purchase like Mass Effect 2-3 show "not available to purchase".

willbsn13

It's strange because I saw it on the console last night, browsing the Xbox 360 catalogue. It showed "buy a copy" there as well, while other games that aren't available for purchase like Mass Effect 2-3 show "not available to purchase".

Interesting....

A bit of a tangent, but do you think they'll try release a highly requested BC game this week to coincide with the sale?

I've only played via BC so I can't compare to native 360... Blightown is pretty bad, but perfectly playable if you take your time.

Some areas with a fire effect also cause slowdown, so any dragons or firebombs!

Playing it on BC is way way better than not playing it at all IMHO, but I'm sure the PC version is the best if you can (DSfix and multiplayer tools).

They special attacks on the dragon weapons (drake sword, ultra Greatsword and great axe) still don't work for me. They fire off at weird angles and are inconsistent as hell. Other than that it runs just as it did on 360. Blighttown and New Londo are shoddy still

Zeta Oni

I really hope the HEALTH tracks from Max Payne 3 aren't what's holding the game up for BC, the Alan Wake situation really got me thinking.

FZW

I wonder if you can still download Alan Wake with a physical disc even if it's removed; I'm not clear if BC is legally regarded as a new use of an existing purchase or purchasing a new product that happens to be free. IYSWIM.

of course you can. You can even still download the digital version if you own it.

Gestault

I'm not clear if BC is legally regarded as a new use of an existing purchase or purchasing a new product that happens to be free. IYSWIM.

We know from previous games with rights complications that delisting has no effect on being able to play the physical games (which always involves a digital download) or codes you can still find to purchase at retail. And anyone with a digital purchase can obviously re-download games they own. It's just new, from-the-marketplace purchases that are effected.

Thankfully, not a ton to worry about, even if it's a bummer when something like music ends up being the hold-up.

They special attacks on the dragon weapons (drake sword, ultra Greatsword and great axe) still don't work for me. They fire off at weird angles and are inconsistent as hell. Other than that it runs just as it did on 360. Blighttown and New Londo are shoddy still

Ah good to know, I have never used them!

Montresor

Is Shadows of the Damned a new BC title?

If so don't sleep it on it people.

That is seriously one of the top games of last gen for me. I'd probably go:

Max Payne 3
Alan Wake
Mass Effect 2
Shadows of the Damned

As a clear cut top four of last gen for me personally.

bede-x

How is Earthworm Jim HD on BC? Loved that came back in the day.

Just took a very brief look at it, but based on that it seems to run like it did on the 360 (60fps at least in the opening area). Not sure if there's input lag or it was the same originally, but selecting a menu happens ever so slightly after you press up/down on the d-pad (and it's not the tv).

Still feels like a terrible game IMO, especially with how the collision of the platforms don't line up with the graphics.

I brought Quake 4 back and for a refund waaaaay back when.

I also kept the Quake 2 disc because I'm a scumbag. Need to find it now..

I got my disc hunting for unused 48 hour gold trial cards in preowned games in Blockbuster. Didn't even need to buy Quake 4 and the disc is still in my games wallet.

NINJA GAIDEN IIday boys

Please announce NOTHING today becuse it won't be included in the sale or if games are we've just spent a lot of money on games today.

I actually want nothing today.

im_dany

Destiny would be good as it's on sale and I'm kinda interested in going back to pre-RoI even if I know the game was worse.

I'd have to grind too much though and I hated playing through the story once, can't imagine doing it again honestly, but it would still be cool from Activision

I got my disc hunting for unused 48 hour gold trial cards in preowned games in Blockbuster. Didn't even need to buy Quake 4 and the disc is still in my games wallet.

Please announce NOTHING today becuse it won't be included in the sale or if games are we've just spent a lot of money on games today.

I actually want nothing today.
I lived off a stack of about 60 2 month trial cards we took from new game cases in shops here. I didn't pay for live for years..

Burnout Revenue and Ninja Gaiden II would be nice today please

LewieP

Can you not purchase BC games with Xbox credit? I only have the option to use my credit card.
I heard that you can, but only in an actual Xbox 360, not on an Xbox One or on the web store. I have not been able to confirm this, since I don't have on any more.

Top Bottom