• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Steam keeps a copy of them in this directory:

Steam\userdata\[user number]\config\grid

I stumbled across it while backing up my shortcuts.vdf.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nice. I'll still keep a folder because I keep all the ones I make for other people also just in case imgur goes down/takes them down in the future. It's also one of the reasons I always have the game's name in the post so if they do go down someone can PM me if they want it in the future. Also, having the name of the game in the post makes it easy for people to Ctrl+F in the pages when looking for a game and everyone should do the same. It also makes it easier to find the images through a Google image search of images exactly 460x215.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
PSO 2:

imux1mSbzCzb9.png

iuuuw7jnKdtox.png

ibhuobeXrmZOXb.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Nice. I'll still keep a folder because I keep all the ones I make for other people also just in case imgur goes down/takes them down in the future. It's also one of the reasons I always have the game's name in the post so if they do go down someone can PM me if they want it in the future. Also, having the name of the game in the post makes it easy for people to Ctrl+F in the pages when looking for a game and everyone should do the same. It also makes it easier to find the images through a Google image search of images exactly 460x215.
Mine done!

orfax

Not true. I tried it earlier in this thread and they stayed in Steam without problem. I decided to keep a folder with them anyway because I don't trust Steam not to glitch out and delete them all like when it does that to categories.

lol, that just happened to me. Half the images I had set up had disappeared a couple days later. Luckily I had them all in a folder so it was easy to set them again.

=( )=
8fRaP.png

Cat Poke / Cat Pöke
1p0n9.png

Coil (without the stupid, incorrect DEMO-banner)
SJt2V.png

Flying Lotus: Cosmogramma Fieldlines
WpFih.png

Edmund
RMyg4.png

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
VlMAF.png

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
E4E5z.png

Hanano Puzzle
qchbj.png

Hatoful Boyfriend
YEGuC.png

Killer7
n61Tj.png

Lone Flower
WGosq.png

Memento
ZL4hH.png

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
6dG6H.png

Nature Treks: Healing With Color
OW44U.png
kJzIw.png

Neverwinter Nights 2
LGzjr.png

Norrland
I9Q6Z.png

Rez
AhVDr.png

Rule of Rose
4Y1dQ.png

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (without Now Playing-thingy)
oFYFG.png

Street Cleaning Simulator (you know you want it)
7SeUK.png

The Endless Forest
7uoeo.png

Which
jQkZt.png

Why
Cewzk.png

You guys are so awesome! and I really suck at this.. can anyone make an assassins creed II and an assassins creed revelations icons?

haikira

Didn't make this, just put my hand on it from google search.

Hard Reset
542897_277137519046858aksv.jpg

The one shown on steam news, has the purple DLC logo on the top left.

Do you want custom ones or are the originals on Steam fine with you?

header.jpg

header.jpg

these are perfect thank you!

I don't know how to grab the official ones like that.

THANKS AGAIN.

edit: Is there anyway to move the icons? AC 1,2 and Rev are not in order and my OCD is on overload.

haikira

these are perfect thank you!

I don't know how to grab the official ones like that.

THANKS AGAIN.

edit: Is there anyway to move the icons? AC 1,2 and Rev are not in order and my OCD is on overload.

This.

I hate how the Series of games, doesn't display in order. Wish you could rename steam games, to fix it.

I have the same problem with the Price of Persia Trilogy.

Would love to know, if anyone has a way around it.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
This.

I hate how the Series of games, doesn't display in order. Wish you could rename steam games, to fix it.

I have the same problem with the Price of Persia Trilogy.

Would love to know, if anyone has a way around it.

The only answer is to put the games you want together in a specific category. As far as I know there's no way to group games in a series together if they're not in strict alphabetical in "All Games" view. Yeah I know it sucks.

haikira

Here's my second batch of PS2 Icons.

First batch here.

Happy to take requests, for my third batch.

ICO
icot3axe.png

Katamari Damacy
katamari7lbv2.png

Metal Gear Solid 3
mgs3g8z9q.png

Disgaea
disgaeaq2xo4.png

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
dq83jyp9.png

Gran Turismo 4
gt454b88.png

Dark Cloud 2
darkcloud22nib4n.png

darkcloud22sl1u.png

I have a few obscure requests:
Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
The Experiment
Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods

And separate icons denoting Single-Player and Multiplayer for the following:
BioShock 2
Medal of Honor (2009)
Call of Duty: World at War

Just discovered this. Icons, be gone! As far as I'm concerned, huge Godsend! Thanks for the tipoff.

Only wanted to do the games with just the small icons as everything else was fine. I made my own images (nothing fancy, just basic logo and art stuff) for icons like Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, The Secret World, SWTOR and StarCraft II.

Again, thanks!

commissar

Whipped up a couple of ones from existing art:
neotokyo5mdbdq.png
neotokyo3gzzoc.png

warsowgvjkl.png
warsow6c8kzb.png

quakelivepaxty.png
quakelive3reznt.png

Quake Live can be played through steam by adding your browser of choice (chrome works well with the overlay), and then renaming the steam shortcut + adding www.quakelive.com after the ".exe" in the target box :)

Fuzzy

could you make a series of the AC games on steam with the same font location/size and theme?
Something like this?

Assassin's Creed, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III (for good measure)

d787H.png
eZWn6.png

KUmiX.png
UXZim.png

bNaGM.png

EDIT: I redid II so it's closer to the the other ones.

e5ftA.png

Something like this?

Assassin's Creed, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III (for good measure)

http://i.imgur.com/d787H.png[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eZWn6.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KUmiX.png[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UXZim.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bNaGM.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those are great. They do look kinda identical though, so they would benefit from custom backgrounds... maybe featuring the main character from each game (like the original steam icons)? That would make them totally distinguishable yet themed due to the font being synced. (you might even want to bring the font size down and lower it a bit so you can see the background characters?)

Fuzzy

Those are great. They do look kinda identical though, so they would benefit from custom backgrounds... maybe featuring the main character from each game (like the original steam icons)? That would make them totally distinguishable yet themed due to the font being synced. (you might even want to bring the font size down and lower it a bit so you can see the background characters?)
I'll see what I can do. It might take a while to find the pics to do it though.

I'll see what I can do. It might take a while to find the pics to do it though.

send me the psd templates you've got for these and i can do the rest, i've got 2 hours of free time today to work on these, I feel productive. :) i dont think you should have to work any harder than you already have. Thanks bro.

edit: got em, i'll get to work once i get home! Thanks!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm about to boot up Drakengard on PCSX2 and figured I'd make an icon for it, though I've never been bothered to create the .bat file that loads up a .iso. Anyways, quick rescale of the boxart:

iSz4u1z6B2IYV.png

Hope the game's as good as Nier.

ChrisG683

Wow, this thread has some amazing art, thank you for all of the contributions everyone!

I know it's probably asking a lot, but there's a nice aggreagation site out there that is aimed at making it easy to upload/search for these Steam banners.

http://steambanners.booru.org/

I'm going to upload my favorites from this thread to that site. It already has a large amount, but if everyone uploaded their own content from here, the amount would be HUGE.

Onionkid

Nice, I had no clue you could change the grid view icons! I have a feeling I'll be making quite a few of these over the next few days, ha.

Here's one for Kamui that I slapped together.

gEezp.png

Top Bottom