• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

Kurdel

Banned
So as someone who admittedly hasn't read the story and has just read catch up/reveals online does that
not end up a bit stupid, I mean I have seen earlier story panels where Superman is actually talking to Mr Oz with his face visible and he doesn't recognise him at all. I know he left Krypton as a baby but I seem to remember so many stories where he see's thing like holograms of his parents in the fortess, seems strange he wouldn't recognise his fathers face.

To be fair, this is a universe where glasses are enough is disguise Superman.

Ross61

I just looked at the leaked solicits and Seeley was still listed on Nightwing and Justice League had TBA for the writer.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34
OCT170279
(W) [TBD] (A) Liam Sharp (CA) Ethan Van Sciver
Variant cover by Nick Bradshaw (OCT170280)
In Shops: Dec 06, 2017
SRP: $2.99

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35
OCT170281
(W) [TBD] (A) Tyler Kirkham (CA) Ethan Van Sciver
Variant cover by Nick Bradshaw (OCT170282)
In Shops: Dec 20, 2017

NIGHTWING #34
OCT170294
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Miguel Mendonca (CA) Javi Fernandez
Variant cover by Casey Jones (OCT170295)
In Shops: Dec 06, 2017

NIGHTWING #35
OCT170296
(W) Tim Seeley (A/CA) Javi Fernandez
Variant cover by Casey Jones (OCT170297)
In Shops: Dec 20, 2017
I must have been tricked them. Because I seen these on 4chan:
>"LOST" part one! When the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats, a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable-and potentially unforgivable-tragedy. Legendary Eisner Award-nominated writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke) is joined by artist Pete Woods for a brand-new must-read Justice League story like you've never seen before!
>"THE UNTOUCHABLE: HUNTERS!" Nightwing finally feels like he's got his life in Blüdhaven under control. But the one thing he wasn't expecting was for a case from his past in Gotham City to rear its head here-a murderer he never set eyes on, but whose unmistakable signature has arrived in his new city! How many people will die before he's stopped this time? Or worse than that...what if Dick can't stop him? Incoming creative team Sam Humphries and Bernard Chang kick off a story that will take Nightwing back to his days as Robin and force him to question his future as well!

Oh fuck yeah! Loved the first go 'round.

>"LOST" part one! When the Justice League is confronted by three concurrent threats, a sleep-deprived Batman makes a crucial error that causes an unthinkable-and potentially unforgivable-tragedy. Legendary Eisner Award-nominated writer Christopher Priest (Deathstroke) is joined by artist Pete Woods for a brand-new must-read Justice League story like you've never seen before!
>"THE UNTOUCHABLE: HUNTERS!" Nightwing finally feels like he's got his life in Blüdhaven under control. But the one thing he wasn't expecting was for a case from his past in Gotham City to rear its head here-a murderer he never set eyes on, but whose unmistakable signature has arrived in his new city! How many people will die before he's stopped this time? Or worse than that...what if Dick can't stop him? Incoming creative team Sam Humphries and Bernard Chang kick off a story that will take Nightwing back to his days as Robin and force him to question his future as well!

Because I seen these on 4chan:

M8 pls

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

yvUFU6x.gif

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
One of the cool thing about Metal is that I can hear Snyder and Capullo gigling every time they put a hard rock/heavy metal reference.

So the timing and wrapup of this most recent Gwenpool arc is surreal given it was released next to Secret Empire. The arc as a whole felt like a big indictment of Event Comics like Secret Empire and Civil War II, which kill off characters for the sake of it because of a "who cares, I can hit the reset button whenever I feel like anyway" mindset.

I liked that she managed to
make amends with the present-day Miles at the end of the issue. I'm worried about what happened to Teddy though.

Man, things must be busy for Grail right now. She has
to get back her baby father
and get ready for her appearance in WW later.

ElNarez

Banned
I've got a new theory about Mister Miracle after reading #2 and I think it's a doozy.

I think the whole comic is Scott experiencing the Anti-Life Equation first-person.
"loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side" and all of that.

I've got a new theory about Mister Miracle after reading #2 and I think it's a doozy.

I think the whole comic is Scott experiencing the Anti-Life Equation first-person.
"loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side" and all of that.

...There are 12 words before the n=y etc. The book will be 12 issues.

Interesting.

Glix

Todays pickups:

Action 987
Metal 2
Batman and Robin - Batman and Robin Must Die TPB
Final Crisis - Rogues Revenge

Was very difficult to not buy Mister Miracle 2, but I liked 1 so much I am def gonna buy the tpb, so no more floppies for me.

Action - I don't normally buy Superman comics, but I figured this was a good time to jump on the train for the leadup to 1000. I like this artist, I am not familiar with him. The lenticular process they use for the cover is awesome! I know its a gimmick but I like it. I have a feeling Oz isn't who he says he is at the end. Maybe its just the kid from American Pie. Who knows? Does he have anyone else locked up besides Tim, Doomsday, and the Imp?

Metal - Art is awesome as usual. Damians line to WW was amazing. Story really didn't go anywhere, which frustrated me as there were already two specials and the first issue to set this all up. I trust in Snyder tho. The variant cover with batman in the owl mask was amazing. Babyseid is adorable. Wasn't the first tie in this week too? Like in Teen Titans or something? I didn't see it on the shelf at Midtown.

Batman and Robin - I have been catching up with all the Morrison Batman/Final Crisis stuff. This book is REALLY good. All three trades have been great, even with rotating artists. That being said, Irvings art freaks me out a little bit. It was much more appropriate for the Seven Soldiers mini he did with the blue guy, seems out of place here. Still, its cool and interesting and tells the story well, so I'm good.

Rogues Revenge - I've only read the first issue so far... Scott Kolins is a fucking GOD. Weirdest art. I was first exposed to him on The Flash and I hated his art. After a few issues, I stopped hating it. Read Annihilation and realized he's fucking amazing. I guess he is an acquired taste. Its just so cool how his linework is so busy, yet so simple at the same time.

This is going to be a good looking book.

Legacy nostalgia.

So...., They are going back to the original numbering for every title for legacy. Except for Marvel two in One and Defenders. Which both a super rich history. This fucking company is inscrutable sometimes.

Top Bottom