• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Mafia |OT| Sometimes You Don't Need A Reason to Lynch Your Friends

Zubz

Banned
I dunno fam, asserting that the people who voted for you MUST be scum is a very scummish thing to do.

tenor.gif

I mean, 4 votes in the first couple of hours from the a chunk of the game I can't account for, plus Rac, and the guy that randomly voted for me without explanation, the guy that wasted so much discussion yesterday on the one thing I did that wasn't admittedly suspect & jumped right back into it rather than looking for who would kill nin, & the girl that's been latching onto others' votes all being among them... Seems pretty Scummy to me.

I can confirm that Zubz didn't read his Role PM, now ask me how I felt about that

Ha ha, yeah. Reading that mad soliloquy you did while I wasn't there was hilarious! Almost as hilarious as you doing this without consulting me ha ha wow.

Fake Edit: ... Ok, so you were just impatient. I was snoozing, ma petite chou-fleur.

franconp

So let's take the claim as real. So what does this mean:

Because franconp wasting so much discussion time on me using the wrong phrase seemed counterproductive, counterlogical, & francly I believe it was an intentional distraction, especially because I fear the Scum figured out the gambit & are using this vagueness against me to kill me before it happens.

Before it happens what?

You are hinting an action during the night phase but now you claim lovers. So what needs to happen?

Is this another semántica thing or what?

Is anyone keeping track of the powers/possibilities claimed by and for Zubz yet? We got a list? something something lovers something something role something something cleared so many people but not the ones after him, etc.

Kalor

Even if he claimed stuff before, this one has Blarg backing it up so I'm inclined to believe it. Unless we want to believe that scum Blarg decided to fake claim lovers to try to protect Zubz which I doubt.

acohrs

Even if he claimed stuff before, this one has Blarg backing it up so I'm inclined to believe it. Unless we want to believe that scum Blarg decided to fake claim lovers to try to protect Zubz which I doubt.

Not ready to trust Blarg after last game, a heart can be broken so many times only before it becomes cold and stoney

franconp

Have you played with scum Blarg? He usually have a lot of crazy ideas and gambits.

Kalor

Have you played with scum Blarg? He usually have a lot of crazy ideas and gambits.

I don't think I've played with scum Blarg before. I guess losing Cewyn might make scum more willing to defend their members like this but I don't know. It seems too obvious.

tell us how you felt about that, Blarg

On a shelf beneath the bar is kept a shotgun by the barkeep. It is double-barrelled and just like the taps are adjacent. The thief knows this, and the barkeep knows the thief by their pointed demand for the establishment's earnings that evening with a revolver.

To the thief's eyes, the barkeep's hands are out of sight beneath the bar, while in the barkeep's view is only the hand of the thief that wields the revolver. Yet it is the barkeep who intends to shoot.

Suddenly, the guns come to life and start yelling the thoughts of their licensees.

In that moment, the thief thinks there are two other people hiding behind the bar; the barkeep is utterly shocked to see the revolver's muzzle mouth this off animatedly.

Is the thief correct?

*halve*

Ha ha, yeah. Reading that mad soliloquy you did while I wasn't there was hilarious! Almost as hilarious as you doing this without consulting me ha ha wow.

Fake Edit: ... Ok, so you were just impatient. I was snoozing, ma petite chou-fleur.

Three words, sugar: shot glass appetizer, served en masse and/or pre-cooked merci a ton grande bouche, grosse

franconp

I don't think I've played with scum Blarg before. I guess losing Cewyn might make scum more willing to defend their members like this but I don't know. It seems too obvious.

If you have time and are bored just read the scum chat from Gafia 3 or Pineapple pizza mafia. Blarg was scum in both.

Excuse you but that quality is not yuck-exclusive, it may only seem that way because on this side of the content I digress for the truth, see?

Got any alternative(s) to Zubz, bub?

In PPM, Blarg seeded with all these weird clues, which I liken here to the use of French as a clue for the lovers. He tried to claim neutral. He was very clever.

I have not seen Blarg play not-scum so I can't comment on that.

Zubz

Banned
I find it very odd no one's questioning who would kill nin? I mean, I'm not getting any clues, & it could just be random, but other than a comment on how they were a safe kill for the town, we seem to have just dropped that.

I'll check his post history & report back.

Zubz

Banned
Er, voting history. Oops.

Also, I missed this. I know I accused franconp of bus pushing, but I support my teammates. If I was Scum, I wouldn't bus push Cewyn. Especially because, as stated before, franconp baited me by telling me to vote Cewyn... which would've made it easy for me to get majority as people were jumping off the No Kill train.

nin went from No Lynch to Launch, with melon and CornBurrito, both of whom are on my scum-possible list, for whatever that’s worth. Then joined us for Cewyn right at the end.

I find it very odd no one's questioning who would kill nin? I mean, I'm not getting any clues, & it could just be random, but other than a comment on how they were a safe kill for the town, we seem to have just dropped that.

I'll check his post history & report back.

yes, we may never know

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
A thieves' dilemma

All the money in the world and you only wanted to buy time?

I find it very odd no one's questioning who would kill nin? I mean, I'm not getting any clues

It's definitely odd. I expected someone higher threat would be mafia's target. I also worried we'd wake up with two bodies, which I guess is happening in slow motion with the arsonist.

Nin was late enough on the train to be accused of bussing, which would be to scums' benefit to keep as a confounding factor. Maybe they thought power roles would be hiding late in a vote to keep a middle ground? If so, they were technically correct.

Both of Zubz and LP have posted. I want to hear more from you.

How do you feel about a Zubz lynch?

I thought Zubz choice of words yesterday were poor. Not necessarily damning in themselves but his increasing defensiveness throughout the day and promises of revealing all today had me curious. And jumping on the No Lynch vote merely to save himself were all things that didn't sit well with me.

After all that talk of being the town savior it haa amounted to nothing basically--maybe lovers if we believe Blarg, and when do you want to be in a position to believe Blarg.

The whole thing is bothering me, yes.

Feels like we wasted a lot of the D1 on Zubz gave him a day to explain himself and nothing has come of it. I would be okay with a Zubz lynch to clear things up. Especially now that Blarg is vouching for him.

Yeah, it bothers me, too. Except I'm not getting a particularly scummy vibe off Zubz and I'm hesitant to flip if lovers. I'm a bit suspicious of anyone who's pushing that.

This is what it comes down to:

do we really think Zubz is scum? Do we think it enough to risk a lovers lynch if we're wrong? Despite Zubz being shady as fuck, it doesn't really feel like scum shady. It feels like kinda dumb gambit shady.

Scum's down one. 3-4 left; with neutrals, maybe/probably only three left. If we're gonna take the risk of losing two towns, we'd do it now. It's very possible they could be the neutrals.

But there are other things on the table and a whole lot of silence from some suspicious folks.

Last from me for a bit - as for nin, I think he was probably killed because he generally felt pretty town. There are a lot of people in this game who could become a suspect or who already have people suspecting them, and no reason for scum to remove any of those. nin, though, was generally just doing his thing. Maybe he was right about some of the people he was pushing, but I'm biased on that because we lined up fairly closely, but overall, I expect he was killed because it was a pretty safe choice because there wasn't much suspicion on him. As above, we might have wondered about bussing because he was a late vote but I think that could have been dispelled. So we continue on pushing town against town and scum lurks around the edges.

Is anyone keeping track of the powers/possibilities claimed by and for Zubz yet? We got a list? something something lovers something something role something something cleared so many people but not the ones after him, etc.

That's something lone prodigy does. Hey LP, are you keeping track in this gmame?

I see no reason not to believe isaac.

Zubz' weird gambiting didn't feel scummy to me on d1. His wording was potentially a slip, but since it's the only thing fran thinks that could be scummy, it's a lot to hang on. I found his desperation to not be lynched to be a bit more scummy, or possibly neutraly, than the wording slip.

I don't like Achoo, his late jump onto the lynch, or his posting nothing today but a gif about burning in a game with an arsonist [presumed per isaac].

Karkador, you look desperate to be lynched. You are pointing out all the things you have done that are wrong/weird, connecting yourself to the known scum, and continuing to say No Lynch on day two. I am at this point perfectly willing to believe you're the arsonist.

Karkador

Banned
Majority is 10?

Vote is at 4?

I'll skip today's No Lynch debate if we can just TURBO

Let's do what the consensus wants

VOTE: Zubz

I'm not really convinced that there are lovers. It's a pretty small game to attach multiple people together like that. Blarg was convinced that zubz isn't scum, and I can see him saying anything at all to support that, whether true or no. Blarg also claimed he passes out guns. I just don't actively believe anything he has said so far.

acohrs

I don't like Achoo, his late jump onto the lynch, or his posting nothing today but a gif about burning in a game with an arsonist ...

Did I? Pl3ase tell me when I did that as I genuinely can't remember.

Wee, I get the feeling you're just throwing shade my way and hoping something sticks rather than having a concrete case. That's the kind of thing scum does and hopes a wagon develops...

As for the arsonist, I can believe Isaacs claim, there was one in another game here recently that i didn't play in but read. However, I haven't the foggiest who it could be right now, need to think on it more.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
I am feeling strongly against a Zubz (or Blarg) lynch today. While this is definitely the best timing to lose two, their existence is a confounding influence on how scum might behave. Killing lovers is something they might be loathe to do, because it's two kills for the price of one while the game is currently pretty slow... but then we have them claiming to be LOVERS WITH ATTITUDE and the scum are already down one.

They are potentially both a threat to scum and a big talking point during the day. If the pair isn't scum then they are simultaneously both a high priority target and a rough forced pick.

On the darker side of this play, they could very well be scum and buying themselves not one, but two days off this. As such, if this is how we go about today any of these guns aimed at Blarg's head need to not go off early. As soon as one shoe drops on a scum Zubz or Blarg the other one shouldn't be far behind if possible.

I really, really doubt they're scum. Desperate neutrals seems barely more likely. A scum Blarg linking himself publicly to Zubz is some kind of "plan" that is so flimsy and paper thin that I am unlikely to believe it as a possibility. A neutral link may have been forced to save Zubz, but then they've got the mafia breathing down their necks because Zubz claims to clear townies...

acohrs

Additionally, nin pushed: melonrabbits, rac, LP, and Launch - quite heavily and repeatedly on the latter, but all at the end.

Compared to our previous game, launchpad has been very quiet... although they said they would be busy during D1 so maybe it's the same case for D2, willing to give them more time

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Even some out-there third possibility like a neutral and a scum somehow silently collaborating to buy each other space is a death sentence to both of them in the long run. If either flips scum or neutral for any reason the "partner" doesn't get out alive.

I'll skip today's No Lynch debate if we can just TURBO

And at that point they should've picked Kark because he seems to CRAVE THE RELEASE OF DEATH.

Did I? Pl3ase tell me when I did that as I genuinely can't remember.

Wee, I get the feeling you're just throwing shade my way and hoping something sticks rather than having a concrete case. That's the kind of thing scum does and hopes a wagon develops...

As for the arsonist, I can believe Isaacs claim, there was one in another game here recently that i didn't play in but read. However, I haven't the foggiest who it could be right now, need to think on it more.
This one...

I'm not just throwing shade your way. I have analyzed your posts for any content of value, and found none. That's my problem with you, you are hiding in plain sight and just blending. It's not really like you, from how I view you as a player.

acohrs

This one...

I'm not just throwing shade your way. I have analyzed your posts for any content of value, and found none. That's my problem with you, you are hiding in plain sight and just blending. It's not really like you, from how I view you as a player.

Haha but wee there's no burning in that photo! There is the word burn though so I guess it counts, but i think that's quite a stretch.

To your second point, I don't think I'm hiding in plain sight and I like to think I've made worthwhile points. However, I say tomato you say tomahto, so doesn't matter what I think if that's what you really think. You decide what you want to do with the posts that I write.

@chicken, not going to say who I think the pair is, want to protect them from scum.

Haha but wee there's no burning in that photo! There is the word burn though so I guess it counts, but i think that's quite a stretch.

To your second point, I don't think I'm hiding in plain sight and I like to think I've made worthwhile points. However, I say tomato you say tomahto, so doesn't matter what I think if that's what you really think. You decide what you want to do with the posts that I write.

@chicken, not going to say who I think the pair is, want to protect them from scum.

OK, I reread all your posts to give the tomahto a chance.

Day one, you hated on zubz and then refused to vote for him. You jumped on the cewyn lynch after it was pretty clear it would go through, which looks like a desperate scum bus in an attempt to look town.
Day two you still defend zubz, and attack blarg, but without teeth. Most of your posts have nothing but light jokes.
I think you're scum.

May as well commit to that.
vote: acohrs

hey_monkey- going to have to follow up in a different post, but her play D1 was very off.
To follow up on this comment for the like 2 players that still care...

One thing that stuck out to me from the end of D1 was when pressure started mounting on Cewyn, Moneky immediately started sending feelers our for other targets.

Here she lists a bunch of random low-activty posters that would be "better" to lynch than Cewyn because "why not?"

The Cewyn train specifically started because fran et. al wanted to see if Zubz would vote out Cewyn to save himself or if he would try to argue against it. (With the implication that a scum player wouldn't want to see Cewyn lynched.)

Launch, eh, as good as any other. But it's one random driveby post from someone who is not unknown for those kinds of mistakes.

I'd be more inclined to go LP, Corn Burrito, or Kalor. They've all exhibited scummy behavior + low post counts, but I think I'm alone over here so I'll probably throw in somewhere else.

vote: CornBurrito

anyone? anyone?

If not, I could throw in on Cewyn.

Her consistent offering up of low-activity substitutes seems odd in this case. Why would anyone care specifically if Cewyn is lynched or not, unless they're teammates?

Also seems to ignore the reasons why Cewyn was even on the hotseat. Felt like she was trying to rewrite the prevailing narrative at the end of the day.

Then on D2 she follows up here describing a wild swing of 7 votes in 30 minutes as "low energy."

Why on earth would we no lynch today?

Launch: could be but the Cewyn vote was kinda low energy and didn't feel very bussy.

Zubz does have some reporting to do, though.

Monkey, can you explain at all what you were thinking here?

Why did you try deflect votes away from Cewyn only to vote him out anyway?

Can I get your opinion on Lone Prodigy?

Monkey, can you explain at all what you were thinking here?

Why did you try deflect votes away from Cewyn only to vote him out anyway?

First: I didn't try to "deflect" anything. If you're saying that I didn't agree that we should make a mountain out of a molehill with Zubz's remark, uh, yeah. Granted. I did say that a couple of times. It feels like tunneling. I'm not "ignoring" the reason the lynch train started. I didn't agree with it and I very much believe that lynching Cewyn and him happening to flip scum wasn't the product of some big detective work. The tide could have easily turned against any number of d1 people in the same fashion, especially with No Lynch lingering. In fact, there was almost a push against Launch. There were just louder voices on Cewyn.

Second, as for what I was thinking: I literally explained that in the post you quoted, Dusk. Cewyn and the others in that post I quoted were four of the most low activity posters. However, in the two read/observation posts I put up, I identified their behaviors that I felt were scummy. Cewyn, to me, felt like a very arbitrary target. Unless it turns out Zubz is scum and did screw up, we got lucky, nothing more.

Sure, yeah, I cast around for targets. I talked about all that. I don't put up votes or anything else without explanations. It had become quite clear no one was going to vote LP with the other things going on, so I figured I'd try one of the other targets. I also wanted to see if LP would move his vote if I switched to CB. Which I also said today. Are you even reading the thread?

I've spoken out about LP several times. After the last 24 hours or so, I would still put him on my potential scum list. He's not very engaged. He's here but not doing much.

First: I didn't try to "deflect" anything. If you're saying that I didn't agree that we should make a mountain out of a molehill with Zubz's remark, uh, yeah. Granted. I did say that a couple of times. It feels like tunneling. I'm not "ignoring" the reason the lynch train started. I didn't agree with it and I very much believe that lynching Cewyn and him happening to flip scum wasn't the product of some big detective work. The tide could have easily turned against any number of d1 people in the same fashion, especially with No Lynch lingering. In fact, there was almost a push against Launch. There were just louder voices on Cewyn.

Second, as for what I was thinking: I literally explained that in the post you quoted, Dusk. Cewyn and the others in that post I quoted were four of the most low activity posters. However, in the two read/observation posts I put up, I identified their behaviors that I felt were scummy. Cewyn, to me, felt like a very arbitrary target. Unless it turns out Zubz is scum and did screw up, we got lucky, nothing more.

Sure, yeah, I cast around for targets. I talked about all that. I don't put up votes or anything else without explanations. It had become quite clear no one was going to vote LP with the other things going on, so I figured I'd try one of the other targets. I also wanted to see if LP would move his vote if I switched to CB. Which I also said today. Are you even reading the thread?

I've spoken out about LP several times. After the last 24 hours or so, I would still put him on my potential scum list. He's not very engaged. He's here but not doing much.

But why did you vote out Cewyn if you didn't think he was actually scum?

That's what I'm not getting here. It's like you placed your vote there so you couldn't be held accountable for your real opinions.

Placing a vote for Corn Burrito minutes after giving a read list of only low-activity players in context looked like you were throwing a dart at the wall and hoping for it to stick.

I guess in Lone Prodigy's case I was looking for more of an analysis. I noticed today you keep saying you think he's scum, but your reasons why come across as lacklustre.

Is he the token teammate your going to throw shade at all game to keep town confused?

I don't want to take another chance, lovers sounds like a gambit scum would make on a bastard game. We have an Arsonist, what happens when they torch a lover? Does the other lover go up in flames? Also if they are lovers I think the odds are stacked against town.

Top Bottom