• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

Stealth Season 3 plot summary in there, too.

After the defeat of Eobard Thawne and his equally nefarious Legion of Doom, the Legends face a new threat created by their actions at the end of last season. In revisiting a moment in time that they had already participated in, they have essentially fractured the timeline and created anachronisms – a scattering of people, animals, and objects all across time! Our team must find a way to return all the anachronisms to their original timelines before the time stream falls apart. But before our Legends can jump back into action, Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) and his newly established Time Bureau call their methods into question. With the Time Bureau effectively the new sheriffs in town, the Legends disband – until Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) discovers one of them in the middle of his well-deserved vacation in Aruba. Seeing this as an opportunity to continue their time travelling heroics, Sara (Caity Lotz) wastes no time in getting the Legends back together. We reunite with billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), the unconventional historian-turned-superhero Nick Heywood (Nick Zano), and Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm. Once reunited, the Legends will challenge the Time Bureau’s authority over the timeline and insist that however messy their methods may be, some problems are beyond the Bureau’s capabilities. Some problems can only be fixed by Legends. Based on the characters from DC, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”), Marc Guggenheim (“Arrow,” “Trollhunters,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Eli Stone,” “Warehouse 13”), Phil Klemmer (“The Tomorrow People,” “Chuck”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”)

So...

The Legends vs. Rip's Time Bureau?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If
Rip Hunter
is going to be something of an antagonist next season, I wonder if
Damian Darhk
will join the team?

I called
Rip rebuilding the Time Masters
. It will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I'd love to see the 2016 Legends
Being a modern team while they're banned from the time stream. Imagine the bricks the CCPD would shit getting saved by Mick Rory

Also - Ray put in an order with Cisco for a suit overhaul. That should be showing up next year.

ZeroX03

Banned
The way this show was originally pitched, I'm surprised it even remained a time travel show. The original announcement called it an anthology series, so much for that!

morningbus

No longer allowed to time travel, the crew devotes itself to protecting the multiverse.

tim1138

And when that goes horribly wrong...

Barred from traveling the multiverse by the Monitors, the crew devotes itself to fighting crime in cyberspace.

And when that goes awry,
Barred from traveling the multiverse by the Monitors, the crew devotes itself to fighting crime in Internet 3.0!

inc804.jpg

Mariolee

And when that goes horribly wrong...

Barred from traveling the multiverse by the Monitors, the crew devotes itself to fighting crime in cyberspace.

And when they accidentally awaken Braniac and mess everything up...

Stricken from their ability to scour cyberspace by the Agency, the Legends find themselves now protecting the Speed Force from their former ally turned villain: Barry Allen.

And when that goes awry,
Barred from traveling the multiverse by the Monitors, the crew devotes itself to fighting crime in Internet 3.0!

Man.

I don't think there's another writer in comics with a larger gap between "best output" and "worst output" than Morrison.

Would be an absolute hoot if we get an Internet 3.0 reference at some point, though.

Rewatched the JSA episode Wednesday night. Vixen was putting down Ray because his power was "wearing the suit." Who are you to talk, lady? Your powers come from jewelry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Rewatched the JSA episode Wednesday night. Vixen was putting down Ray because his power was "wearing the suit." Who are you to talk, lady? Your powers come from jewelry.

He made his suit too. We haven't seen any examples of Vixen's talents as a jeweller.

Also Nate's powers came from Ray! He helped make someone else a superhero!

MartyStu

The way this show was originally pitched, I'm surprised it even remained a time travel show. The original announcement called it an anthology series, so much for that!

Same. At this point, I would be perfectly happy if the show essentially became Sliders. Hopping through time, space and the multiverse.

Oh shi.....

Legends of Tomorrow casts Billy Zane as P.T. Barnum

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/14/legends-tomorrow-billy-zane-pt-barnum/

EW can exclusively reveal that Billy Zane has been tapped to play P.T. Barnum on the CW super series. The Titanic star will appear in one episode.

Executive producer Phil Klemperer has offered up a detailed description of the role that also offers insight on what’s in store for season 3:

“Obviously, we couldn’t resist putting Victor Garber and Billy Zane back on screen for the first time since the TITANIC.

“But I’ve wanted to bring Billy onto LEGENDS every since I saw him in a friend’s comedy pilot. I’m not sure that people know how funny Billy is, although we cast him as P.T. Barnum because we knew that he would be able to find the soul beneath the larger-than-life showman. Truth is, Barnum never said ‘there’s a sucker born every minute.’ He was less a conman, more the father of modern advertising. A guy who made things ‘go viral’ before that was a thing. Sure, in one sense, he’s the villain of our story, but in another, he’s just a guy who wants to put on a good show. Anyone who works in TV can relate to that, right?! Anyway, Billy seemed like the perfect guy to get that duality.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Billy Zane gotta eat. I could totally see Zane working comedically though. He's so delightfully nefarious in Titanic, to a hilarious degree.

Joni

I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley at night.
Because she would kick my ass when I say hello

ZeroX03

Banned
Guggenheim said that the idea of doing a puppet episode has been seriously considered lol.

Also that S3 is attempting to be even crazier.

The synopsis is also correct:
it's Rip vs the Legends next year, but Rip isn't a villain this time, they just have different opinions on how to police time.

nynt9

Neal McDonough
is great in everything and I'm glad he's back. Would be interesting to see him join the good guys.

Just finished S2, and I presume this show is on its own timeline/reality now, that's separate from Earth 1 and its reality? Was the alternate reality they created basically a new Earth-20-something, or was it a whole new reality with its own set of earths 1 to 19?

I know it makes no sense to ask these questions and I shouldn't expect answers.

EYEL1NER

I need to rewatch S2 of Legends soon. Over the past two and a half weeks I have been marathoning Arrow (previously hadn't watched any episodes other than Flash crossovers) and am just over half way through S4. Now that I have more understanding of who Malcom Merlyn and Damian Dahrk are, I want to see them in Legends again. I mean, I knew while watching Legends as it aired that Dahrk was a super-important villian but I had no clue who Malcom was (despite him being in the Vandal Savage/Hawk-people episodes as Ra's, which I had forgotten).

So I guess I'll get on that in a week or so when I've finished up to the end of S5 of Arrow. Hopefully it only takes that long though; S4 is becoming a bit of a drag at the moment. At the end of the last episode I just finished (Cupid-centric episode) when Ollie pours his heart out to Felicity and she's like "Nah, you lied to me for a completely understandable reason. Still can't move past it... Later," I almost turned it off before she finished her speech because it was so bad, and I can't think of ANYTHING I've watched that I've shut off in the middle of watching it because I disliked it so much. Her moving out at the beginning alone had me rolling her eyes, her snide comments while the team was out in the field and when she was collecting evidence off of the glove had me groaning, and her speech about leaving him at the end AFTER her speech about love at the wedding and his vows had me fighting the urge to reach for the controller and remote. It frustrates me too because I've like Felicity since the first time she appeared on Flash but man, did they go out of their way to ruin her character this season or what? I knew going into this season that it had a high focus on Felicity and that a lot of people didn't like it, and I thought I was prepared for it, but these CW Arrowverse shows already feature so much "You lied to me!" and "I'm tired of all the lies!" as it is, that it's making it hard to proceed. Part of the reason I've blown through something like 3360 minutes of Arrow over the past two and a half weeks is because I was enjoying it but to hit this block right now... I'm over half way done with the season and S5 is supposed to be better, so I guess I just need to push through it.

BTW: is there a general Arrowverse OT? I was looking but couldn't find one, so I was wondering if someone had created one that covered all the shows that people maybe post in off-season.

ZeroX03

Banned
S3 Comic Con Synopsis:

After crash landing the Waverider in a version of 2017 Los Angeles where dinosaurs roam the streets and the skyline is adorned with London’s iconic Big Ben clock tower, the Legends were quick to realize that “we broke time.” Last year, the loveable band of misfit heroes traveled throughout the timeline fixing a series of Aberrations.

This year, they’ll be turning the crazy up to 11, as a wave of Anachronisms turns History on its head, leaving the Legends responsible for piecing it back together. What is an Anachronism you ask? For the answer to that, and many other questions, join cast members Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Caity Lotz, Franz Drameh, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and producers at their annual Comic-Con panel.

It's not weird that Arthur Darvill isn't there btw, he's doing a play at the same time. He will have a presence in S3 but also has freedom to do other stuff so he's not full time, just like S2.

morningbus

I wonder how they shows are going to come together this year if Legends is doing this kind of story.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wonder how they shows are going to come together this year if Legends is doing this kind of story.

It sounds like they fix the completely screwed up timeline we see at the end of the season, but some anachronisms (things lost in the wrong time period) remain and that's the focus. The Flash/Arrow time period is probably free of issues.

So like Flash's Flashpoint that was just an episode and the ramifications, but probably better.

morningbus

It sounds like they fix the completely screwed up timeline we see at the end of the season, but some anachronisms (things lost in the wrong time period) remain and that's the focus. The Flash/Arrow time period is probably free of issues.

So like Flash's Flashpoint that was just an episode and the ramifications, but probably better.

It's be neat if they could have something from Legends affect the Flash and Arrow like how Flashpoint changed a few things, too.

At the very least it's a super convenient way to bring the Reverse Flash back if they want. Maybe even do a pre-evil Eobard that they have to return to the correct time period.

MartyStu

It's be neat if they could have something from Legends affect the Flash and Arrow like how Flashpoint changed a few things, too.

At the very least it's a super convenient way to bring the Reverse Flash back if they want. Maybe even do a pre-evil Eobard that they have to return to the correct time period.

I fully expect a pre-evil Eobard to make it onto the show at some point.

It would be kind of neat to see his descent into evil not be entirely self-motivated.

morningbus

Crossover begins on November 27! Yay!

Also, the article states it starts with Arrow and Supergirl? Wasn't Arrow pushed behind some other upcoming show on a Thursday?

Arrow is moving timeslots behind Supergirl the week of the crossover, I believe.

Top Bottom